Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera "lost" at vancouver creation con!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera "lost" at vancouver creation con!

Help people!!! I've lost my camera (or maybe it was nicked, but I hope I lost it...) I had it at the last panel and was sure I put it in my backpack, but who knows... so Creation attendees, please help!!
    Spread the word, and if someone has found it, or even if someone took it (maybe it looked just like theirs?) please return it, or burn me DVDs of the pics I had on my card, and send them (or the SD card) anonymously to me at Creation or the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown with the name "Francy Gregori - Italy" so I can at least have my pictures back.
    All my pics of me on the set tour are there! Needless to say I'm quite depressed...

Description: black Canon, SX1000 or something like that, in a black case with a strap so you can hang it around your neck.
    Francis from Italy

Did you ever get your camera back?

Comment

did you contact the con staff and the hotel staff?
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nope, never got it back. And I contacted both Creation and the hotel, and nobody seems to have found it. So I'm afraid it was definitely nicked... who's the person who would steal from his/her fellow fans??? :-(
        Francis from Italy

Comment

Wow, that really stinks - I'm so sorry

Comment

unfortunately, people do. I had a friend of mine that had a small stuffie that he left on his chair, turned around and it was gone.

there are some wonderful fans that take care of each other and watch out for each other, and there are others that take advantage of their fellow fen

Sorry that you lost your camera

sigpic

Comment

I too am sorry that you lost your camera. You would like to believe that a group of fans there for the same event wouldn't steal from each other, but sadly there are bad apples in every bunch (barrel, mixing my fruit metaphors). I was at another con where someone left their bag of photos they just purchased to have signed on their seat while they got up to chat with a friend. Turned around and the bag was gone. Someone decided to save themselves the cost and steal hers. Your camera is a much worse loss, besides the expense all you pictures which are not replaceable are gone. Its just cruel.

Comment

if the thief could redeem him/herself, make a copy or pull out hte memory card and mail it - anonymously - to the con staff and see if they could get it to you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  if the thief could redeem him/herself, make a copy or pull out hte memory card and mail it - anonymously - to the con staff and see if they could get it to you
                  Definitely. That's why I'm asking people to spread the info around as much as they can. If the "thief" gave his/her email to someone during the event (since a lot of people DO exchange emails), maybe by spreading the word even the "thief" will receive it, and know that all I'm REALLY REALLY desperate to have back is the SD card, or even just a DVD with a copy of my pictures and videos!!

So please, if someone here has any email for other con-goers, PLEASE email them!! And ask them to do the same. Maybe YOU don't know the "thief", but a friend of a friend of a friend might!

*living in hope*
                  Francis from Italy

Comment

Working...
                  X