Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
    Sent off a email for Gary to start the ball rolling on what Guests I'd love to see next year.

Michael Shanks and Joe Flanigan (want to see them again)
    Steve Bacic
    Cliff Simon (hugs to AG for that one)
    Alexis Cruz
    Colin Cunnigham
    JR Bourne (that one's for you Medu)

and of course the cast of Universe (who Gary replied they are trying to get, just want the show to air first)!!

Anyone else have a wish list name to add???
    Great list!
    We need to add Ben Browder!!

Originally posted by AJZ View Post
    A little under a week before I can make reservations. I'm currently planning on coming in on the 14th and leaving the morning of the 19th. For anyone/everyone's who's attended this event before, does that sound about right to be able to catch everything? GW Dinner, Convention stuff, etc? Or are there any suggestions that would better my time there?
    That's how I usually book my con trips. Arrive the day before and leave the day after...that way you shouldn't miss out on any of the con events.
    sigpic
    Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ooryl2 View Post

And I'm sure that RDA would be on most anyone's list He was amazing in San Diego. He said there that he'd love to do more conventions too.

Yup. He's at the top of my list And the only reason I'd consider going to a Creation Con
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Yup. He's at the top of my list And the only reason I'd consider going to a Creation Con
        I do hope to be able to see him again somewhere with photo ops He was the only one I wasn't able to get a pic with at the Continuum after party in San Diego He was almost always on the phone at the party, so didn't want to bug him. At least I have my 10th Anniversary Book sig as proof I met him heh

I can just imagine the line for his photo op though... after seeing the line for Joe Flanigan's last week.

Comment

I do hope to be able to see him again somewhere with photo ops He was the only one I wasn't able to get a pic with at the Continuum after party in San Diego He was almost always on the phone at the party, so didn't want to bug him. At least I have my 10th Anniversary Book sig as proof I met him heh

I can just imagine the line for his photo op though... after seeing the line for Joe Flanigan's last week.

I saw him in Dec at a charity event so I have a pic with him. And I found out about tickets for Continuum the day they'd given them all out. My trying to convince the peeps at the booth to give one more out didn't work. LOL!

I think at GateCon, (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong!) only VIP passholders were allowed to get photos with him. I'd have been annoyed with that so I'm hoping that any other convention he does, there won't be such a limit.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
            Sent off a email for Gary to start the ball rolling on what Guests I'd love to see next year.

Anyone else have a wish list name to add???
            Can we do that!? Vancouver is closest to me (perhaps even in driving distance) than any of the other cons. So yes, I would love to add two names to the list:

Paul McGillion
            Torri Higginson

Comment

Hey everyone:

I'm looking for feedback for the 4th Annual Fan Party in Vancouver. We have traditionally held the party before the convention. In 2010, I am considering having it on Sunday evening as closure to the con. This would eliminate the goodbye dinner. But several actors have informed me that a Sunday evening would be easier for them to attend. What do you guys think?
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I saw him in Dec at a charity event so I have a pic with him. And I found out about tickets for Continuum the day they'd given them all out. My trying to convince the peeps at the booth to give one more out didn't work. LOL!

I think at GateCon, (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong!) only VIP passholders were allowed to get photos with him. I'd have been annoyed with that so I'm hoping that any other convention he does, there won't be such a limit.
                You are correct, VIP ticket holders also got a personalised signed photo, although he did sign that in advance and we just had to let Gatecon know what name we wanted put on the autograph. Meeting him in person and getting the photo op with him was my main dream so I'm happy!

I agree though, not having that limitation would be good but I think it was limited because of his time and how long he was prepared to spend doing photo ops in one sitting. He was there for the 3 days so the number of VIP pass holders were divided into 3 groups over the 3 days. It did mean more time to stop and have a chat with him. Maybe he will do this again if he ever does a Creation con but without the limitations because there are less people at Creation's cons than Gatecon so everyone should get an opportunity.

Chris Judge is the only one missing for me from the original SG-1 team and I would really like to see him.

I would like to see Ben Browder and Claudia Black and Beau Bridges would be nice too, I want him to do the duck impression for us in person!!!!

Comment

If I remember correctly, not everyone who was given the tickets at the SGW booth was actually able to get up to watch the movie. You had to have the tickets to get in line, but the line was first come first served once you got to the Midway. So you still would have had to be towards the front of the line to actually get a seat for the show. So don't feel bad about not getting a ticket, although if I had been at the booth when you asked I probably would have found one to give you if you said you were from GW

And wrist bands weren't being given out to the afterparty either. Only some of the Stargate Worlds crew got them, along with other people that were there with MGM. I just got lucky and the MGM lady was standing at the elevator down with 5 extra wristbands so the SGW CM asked if it was ok for me to have one heh.

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  Hey everyone:

I'm looking for feedback for the 4th Annual Fan Party in Vancouver. We have traditionally held the party before the convention. In 2010, I am considering having it on Sunday evening as closure to the con. This would eliminate the goodbye dinner. But several actors have informed me that a Sunday evening would be easier for them to attend. What do you guys think?
                  If Sunday would be better for the actors to attend, then that would be great Have it after the seating upgrades thing, can't miss out on that part hehe. Although I might have trouble getting up to go home the next day if it goes as late as this years did Not that I'm complaining, the party was wonderful, and I could always sleep on the plane

Comment

If I remember correctly, not everyone who was given the tickets at the SGW booth was actually able to get up to watch the movie. You had to have the tickets to get in line, but the line was first come first served once you got to the Midway. So you still would have had to be towards the front of the line to actually get a seat for the show. So don't feel bad about not getting a ticket, although if I had been at the booth when you asked I probably would have found one to give you if you said you were from GW
                    Were you working at the Stargate Worlds booth all weekend? I didn't really know any stargate peeps then as I've been a pretty quiet fan of the show for 10 years If you're going to be there this year, PM me and I'll stop by to say hello! I'm always there either working or walking around.

I worked at my company booth for part of the weekend but I'd have ditched them to get to the premier. Waiting in lines is nothing new to me nor is working them . . . last year was a particular mad house at Comic Con.

And wrist bands weren't being given out to the afterparty either. Only some of the Stargate Worlds crew got them, along with other people that were there with MGM. I just got lucky and the MGM lady was standing at the elevator down with 5 extra wristbands so the SGW CM asked if it was ok for me to have one heh.
                    Oh excellent. So - what fun stories do you have to share about the event?
                    sigpic

Comment

Were you working at the Stargate Worlds booth all weekend? I didn't really know any stargate peeps then as I've been a pretty quiet fan of the show for 10 years If you're going to be there this year, PM me and I'll stop by to say hello! I'm always there either working or walking around.

I worked at my company booth for part of the weekend but I'd have ditched them to get to the premier. Waiting in lines is nothing new to me nor is working them . . . last year was a particular mad house at Comic Con.

Oh excellent. So - what fun stories do you have to share about the event?

I wasn't physically at the SGW booth the whole weekend. I'm a mod over on the SGW forums, and there was an extra ticket available (was originally supposed to be David's ticket) so the CM there snagged it for me to use. In return for the ticket the original plan was for me to be there as a reporter-type person for the forums, doing webcam broadcasts from the booth or what not. But I couldn't get a stable internet connection there so that didn't work. I just ended up taking lots and lots of pictures to share. I was at the booth for the demos and sometimes to hand out shirts and such, but walked around to check out all the other booths quite a bit too, sometimes trading SGW shirts for other goodies that they weren't typically giving out. I walked around a little bit with the sandwich board handing out SGW fliers, but not too much as I'm a bit too shy to do that kind of thing.

What company were you there with? Did I stop by your booth and give you any SGW shirts?

As far as the movie/after party goes, not really too many stories to tell. It was my first time meeting the talent, so I was even more shy than normal. Was hard to believe I was there face to face talking with everybody. The things I remember most from that night.... both Chris Judge and Michael Shanks smoke like a chimney... Lexa won't let Michael play MMO-type games so he doesn't get too addicted... Michael likes to make silly faces in pictures (took me 4 tries to get a pic with him that wasn't a silly face)... Ben Browder's a huge NASCAR fan... that's about it.

Fun weekend, but I'm afraid it kind of spoiled me for conventions. Won't ever have another one like that in terms of backstage stuffs with the talent. I doubt I'll be back at Comic Con anytime soon since CME fired the CM that was there at the time because they couldn't afford her anymore, and I'd be surprised of SGW had a booth next year there.

I'll throw pictures up from that and vancouver on my website here when it gets up and running.

Comment

Hey everyone:

that'll be new thing to do but I think a lot of people who sit at the back would prolly still queue-ing for their auto after the con.

Remember ? Somebody in SPN Con said it's the "Rainbow effect" now

You probably have to start around 9PM ? If I attend the 2010, it'll just fine by me, I'll go to your party instead of Farewell dinner, which both are cool!
                        sigpic
                        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I wasn't physically at the SGW booth the whole weekend. I'm a mod over on the SGW forums, and there was an extra ticket available (was originally supposed to be David's ticket) so the CM there snagged it for me to use. In return for the ticket the original plan was for me to be there as a reporter-type person for the forums, doing webcam broadcasts from the booth or what not. But I couldn't get a stable internet connection there so that didn't work. I just ended up taking lots and lots of pictures to share. I was at the booth for the demos and sometimes to hand out shirts and such, but walked around to check out all the other booths quite a bit too, sometimes trading SGW shirts for other goodies that they weren't typically giving out. I walked around a little bit with the sandwich board handing out SGW fliers, but not too much as I'm a bit too shy to do that kind of thing.

What company were you there with? Did I stop by your booth and give you any SGW shirts?

As far as the movie/after party goes, not really too many stories to tell. It was my first time meeting the talent, so I was even more shy than normal. Was hard to believe I was there face to face talking with everybody. The things I remember most from that night.... both Chris Judge and Michael Shanks smoke like a chimney... Lexa won't let Michael play MMO-type games so he doesn't get too addicted... Michael likes to make silly faces in pictures (took me 4 tries to get a pic with him that wasn't a silly face)... Ben Browder's a huge NASCAR fan... that's about it.

Fun weekend, but I'm afraid it kind of spoiled me for conventions. Won't ever have another one like that in terms of backstage stuffs with the talent. I doubt I'll be back at Comic Con anytime soon since CME fired the CM that was there at the time because they couldn't afford her anymore, and I'd be surprised of SGW had a booth next year there.

I'll throw pictures up from that and vancouver on my website here when it gets up and running.
                          I'll take this to PM since its off topic for the Creation thread and I could get into a long old conversation here! LOL!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                            that'll be new thing to do but I think a lot of people who sit at the back would prolly still queue-ing for their auto after the con.

Remember ? Somebody in SPN Con said it's the "Rainbow effect" now

You probably have to start around 9PM ? If I attend the 2010, it'll just fine by me, I'll go to your party instead of Farewell dinner, which both are cool!

Good point, L-Jade. I'm pretty sure that Adam and Gary at Creation were very pleased by the way things worked out when they had all the autographs on Saturday instead of Sunday. I will confirm with them, but I suspect they will go with the same system next year.

AG
                            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I agree the way autographs were handled on Saturday was great. I do hope it is the same next year.

Comment

Hey everyone:

I think that's a great idea, a wonderful way to get together at the end of the con. The fact that it increases the possiblility for more actors to attend sounds good to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X