No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Convention Con 2009 Transportation Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - now I'm staying overnight at a hotel near the airport on the 30th - the only flight i could get arrives at nearly midnight and there's a cheap place near the airport so I'm now going to be looking to leave for the con hotel on the 31st - sometime early in the day

Comment

I bought my bus ticket, so I'm scheduled to arrive in Vancouver at 5:25pm on the 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
        Sounds amazingly good to me!
        How about we shoot for 9am-12pm... That way, we can get a good look around and then grab lunch before con activities start..??..

Comment

I'll be arriving on 3/31 @ 12:20 on United from Chicago... Hopefully I will be one of the first off the plane and through Customs quickly..

Comment

I will be arriving on Tuesday at 12:30pm and then have to go through customs. If you wants me to taxi you to the Con hotel, private message me and we can make arrangements.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
            (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
            Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Quick check.

Who will be at the airport on 31st @ 12.00 ?

Can we meet up and share taxi's ?
              sigpic

Comment

Starbird looks like slam and I will be right behind you but have to go through customs...

Comment

It looks like there are a few people arriving around lunch time so maybe everyone could meet up at the airport somewhere - and figure out how we can all get transport - do they have large taxis there that can carry more than a couple of ppl + luggage? Bikerchic said I could go with her but she already has three passengers and I'm not sure we'd all fit with our luggage so if there are other options we might all be able to work something out. I'm not actually arriving at lunch time but I'm staying in a hotel near the airport overnight and will check out of there some time before lunch so will be needing to get to the con hotel around the same time also.

Comment

What about a limo or van from the airport? I am sure it will be cheaper when we share and it is always fun to ride in style.

Comment

If a larger group of us sharing a limo would be as cheap as a 2-3 of us sharing a taxi then I'm all for it, but if it costs more then it's really not worthwhile for me, with the Aussie dollar being such poor value right now this cost of this convention has kinda gone through the roof for me.

Just a thought...luggage might be an issue for a limo too...or am I the only one having to bring a large suitcase? LOL

Comment

http://www.yvr.ca/pdf/guide/limojetbrochure.pdf Just called them $50.00 For up to six pass. and 5-6 pieces of normal luggage.

Comment

I'm up for a limo if we can co ordinate meet up time / location. Did it in Vegas as it was so much fun.

Is there anywhere inside but by taxi rank where we can meet up as I think we will be arriving at random times between 12 - 1pm. Tim Hortons or Starbucks for example. Don't want to miss anyone!

Then we need to decide the latest time we will wait........

Add to this list with arrival time if you want to do this

Starbird = Domestic arrivals lands 11.24am.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well if your willing to wait for me to get through customs and walk over to the tim horton i'll be happy to share with you. I love taking limos.. Really was thinking about doing it anyway. As a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                              Well if your willing to wait for me to get through customs and walk over to the tim horton i'll be happy to share with you. I love taking limos.. Really was thinking about doing it anyway. As a treat.
                              Sounds good. What time do I wait till and where should we meet as I am coming in from domestic arrivals, from Vancouver Island.
                              sigpic

Comment

I will be arriving at 12:20 on the 31st.. Got to run through Customs but hopefully it won't be too long. Want to meet at the Tim Hortons at International Arrivals? If you want to trade cell numbers PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X