• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Oh, Martin I thought you meant Michael

Edit: Editing when you've already quoted my post? Sorry
    ROFL!!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    *delurks*

I just wanted to a bit. I love this thread; it always brightens my day.
    I have yet to discover the full and deep appreciation of a PTB that most of you have but I hang out on the offchance someone will throw some broccoli my way.

And, er, that's all really. (((((WoohoodStockers)))))

*relurks*
    No, don't relurk! Stay! Play!
    sigpic

Comment

*sings*
      ''What shall we do with the crazy WooHoos, what shall we do with the crazy WooHoos, what shall we do with the crazy WooHoos, early in the evening...''

You know, I'm writing an essay about social control and outsiders and how they make new ''in groups'' and while writing it struck me that we're the outsiders I'm writing about
      ...I wonder how they'll react when they get an essay called ''WooHoos Have The Power! An essay on deviance and social control''...
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        *sings*
        ''What shall we do with the crazy WooHoos, what shall we do with the crazy WooHoos, what shall we do with the crazy WooHoos, early in the evening...''

You know, I'm writing an essay about social control and outsiders and how they make new ''in groups'' and while writing it struck me that we're the outsiders I'm writing about
        ...I wonder how they'll react when they get an essay called ''WooHoos Have The Power! An essay on deviance and social control''...
        Sweet! Be sure to post any essays like that somewhere so we can read it!
        sigpic

Comment

*sings*
          "Pat them on the head and throw them a party, pat them on the head and throw them a party, pat them on the head and throw them a party and make it last all week!"

We're the outsiders?????????? Pft!

Comment

*sings*

We outsiders? Nope, we're the insiders...everyone is yealous on our bond with the PTB *whistles*

Good luck with the essay...reminds me I still need to make two before next tuesday*yawns* and learn for 4 exams
            sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to do some art challenge stuff...I was thinking cute, fluffy, hippy kinda stuff...it's starting to look like what I would imagine an acid trip would look like....Oh dear...

sigpic

Comment

......... and the problem with that wood be????????? Let me have a look, I'll tell you if you're right

I've done 11 pieces of art for the S/J thread (as well as the Nad/Jumble project). Is that enough? Can I move on to some Martin hippy artwork now? Pleeeeeze?

Comment

*hugs Jann* But you are awesome. You can do it!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Sweet! Be sure to post any essays like that somewhere so we can read it!
                  Hm, it's very much... in Dutch

See, it's like this (yes, you may skip ):

The so called In group has certain values. In our case it was Ship, Be Happy yet critical and Squee. Shippy Hippies lived up to that norm and stayed ''low'' for a while. The theory is that in every in group, there's someone who will eventually not be able to live up to said values any longer. This is a process that can occure both consciously and unconsciously. Society will eventually reject the deviant person, due to a sense of social control. Now, if there are more social rejects, they might eighter be individually depressed or be rebellious or they could team up with other outsiders. Looking at us Shippy Hippies/ WooHoos, one could see the latter.
                  Our original society started to steer in an unhappy direction in which Shippy Hippies could not live at ease. On top of that, some of us felt a little unwelcome. We started to stand up to and slowly back away from our group. We found eachother in the S.H.I.P., our social group and this wonderfull thread. More people joined the Shippy Hippies, more people started fangurling TPTB. Slowly, we've been forming a new sociaty of like minded persons.
                  Now, if anyone comes in and act deviant towards our In-group, we politely tell them to ...not do that. Thus, it's safe to say, that we as former outsiders have transformed into a new, stabile social society.
                  Evidence is found in our combined goals, interest, way of (viritual) life, gossip (you know who you are ) and a strong sense of the ''We the Shippy Hippies/WooHoos'' feeling.

...So... that.

Why can't I just use a cooler example than that I have to use?
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to do some art challenge stuff...I was thinking cute, fluffy, hippy kinda stuff...it's starting to look like what I would imagine an acid trip would look like....Oh dear...
                    You haven't seen the headache-inducing things I've made yet...

......... and the problem with that wood be????????? Let me have a look, I'll tell you if you're right

I've done 11 pieces of art for the S/J thread (as well as the Nad/Jumble project). Is that enough? Can I move on to some Martin hippy artwork now? Pleeeeeze?
                    Yes. There are five days of WooHoodStock coming up as well

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      The so called In group has certain values. In our case it was Ship, Be Happy yet critical and Squee. Shippy Hippies lived up to that norm and stayed ''low'' for a while. The theory is that in every in group, there's someone who will eventually not be able to live up to said values any longer. This is a process that can occure both consciously and unconsciously. Society will eventually reject the deviant person, due to a sense of social control. Now, if there are more social rejects, they might eighter be individually depressed or be rebellious or they could team up with other outsiders. Looking at us Shippy Hippies/ WooHoos, one could see the latter.
                      Our original society started to steer in an unhappy direction in which Shippy Hippies could not live at ease. On top of that, some of us felt a little unwelcome. We started to stand up to and slowly back away from our group. We found eachother in the S.H.I.P., our social group and this wonderfull thread. More people joined the Shippy Hippies, more people started fangurling TPTB. Slowly, we've been forming a new sociaty of like minded persons.
                      Now, if anyone comes in and act deviant towards our In-group, we politely tell them to ...not do that. Thus, it's safe to say, that we as former outsiders have transformed into a new, stabile social society.
                      Evidence is found in our combined goals, interest, way of (viritual) life, gossip (you know who you are ) and a strong sense of the ''We the Shippy Hippies/WooHoos'' feeling.

...So... that.

That is really very interesting Nad. Very accurate description of our not so little group. Makes you think doesn't it? Makes me proud actually, that we stuck by our principles firmly enough, and were brave enough to break away and stand up by ourselves. Although I have to say, I didn't realise at the time that that was what we were doing

Also interesting is that technically the S.H.I.P. members are now the larger group. Because we have 33 members, and looking at the voting for the renaming of the S/J thread (only 25 last time I checked), so we far outnumber our original group. Plus the fact that another group has splintered off in the same way we did, but have unfortunately left GW to form their own community elsewhere Interesting.

You haven't seen the headache-inducing things I've made yet...

Yes. There are five days of WooHoodStock coming up as well
                      I wanted to make sure I had enough stuff to make an impact on the S/J thread

Now I can concentrate on what I really want to do

Although........... 11 for the first day.......... times that by four more days........ um, not sure I can manage another 44 items

But hey, it's Martin! I'll do my best

Comment

Posted my WP on the Art Thread. Here it is again

sigpic

Comment

That is really very interesting Nad. Very accurate description of our not so little group. Makes you think doesn't it? Makes me proud actually, that we stuck by our principles firmly enough, and were brave enough to break away and stand up by ourselves. Although I have to say, I didn't realise at the time that that was what we were doing

Also interesting is that technically the S.H.I.P. members are now the larger group. Because we have 33 members, and looking at the voting for the renaming of the S/J thread (only 25 last time I checked), so we far outnumber our original group. Plus the fact that another group has splintered off in the same way we did, but have unfortunately left GW to form their own community elsewhere Interesting.
                          *nods* breaking away can eighter fail (something about anomie and suicides ) or be a key to succes. We're a succes
                          I think that most of us still are part of the family and of the S/J community, but that this has become somewhat of a shelter. And you're right, the effects or the 'breaking free' mostly happen without noticing it.

...Oh my, look! We're discussing!

I wanted to make sure I had enough stuff to make an impact on the S/J thread

Now I can concentrate on what I really want to do
                          Although........... 11 for the first day.......... times that by four more days........ um, not sure I can manage another 44 items

But hey, it's Martin! I'll do my best
                          Yeah, I think so

And awesome! We'll be seeing 44 pieces of Martin Art!
                          (See? Social pressure )

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm. Interesting LJ. Very nice......... but interesting. What wood Freud make of that huge expanse of empty space between you and Joe? The fact that it's empty wood suggest that there are no obstacles between you (we'll ignore your husband and his wife in this instance) and yet you've left that great divide there.

Interesting.

Is it the geographical distance that bothers you? Or do you feel that in some way you are not worthy to be near him?

Hmmmmm. Interesting.............
                            Last edited by Jumble; 29 March 2009, 12:15 PM.

Comment

How sweet

sigpic

Comment

...So... that.

That ROCKS!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X