A rare find? Stargate production tapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rare find? Stargate production tapes

Just a touch of back story before I get to the point. Think of it as one of those "Previously, on Stargate SG-1" clips.

Someone I've known for a few years is a dumpster diver. For longer than I've known him he's been digging a mixture of really cool and really dull things from dumpsters here in Vancouver. Especially in Kits, which is a neighborhood of yuppies. All sorts of amazing things get thrown out here, and my friend finds them. Or at least he did, until he flew back home to Toronto a few years ago to attend his father's funeral and never came back.
    This brings us to the point of this thread.

I've been helping the owner of the house he lived in clean out all the junk he left behind. All sorts of cool things have been surfacing. One thing I found last night though stuck out. 5 Super-VHS tapes. They have lables on them from the Gastown Post and Rainmaker Digital Pictures, referencing Stargate SG-1. For example, one says:

STARGATE SG-1B DAY: 3PT1&2
    "MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE" TC: 03 HR NDF
    Ep.#8906
    REEL: 073
    Dailies Xfer D.O.P.

CR: A262-266,B157-158,C93
    Length: 39:13
    Stargate SG-1 Prodn. Ltd. Partnership
    TC/KC BURNS OP:CHD
    07-MAY-98
    TCN:8193

D.O.P
    TO: SET

Am I right in assuming D.O.P. stands for director of photography? And that these tapes contain something really cool?
    I haven't tried to play any of them yet as I don't have an S-VHS compatible VCR.

I can snap some pictures shortly.

I imagine you're right about D.O.P.

Sounds interesting. Hope you find a way to get them online.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax184 View Post
      Just a touch of back story before I get to the point. Think of it as one of those "Previously, on Stargate SG-1" clips.

Someone I've known for a few years is a dumpster diver. For longer than I've known him he's been digging a mixture of really cool and really dull things from dumpsters here in Vancouver. Especially in Kits, which is a neighborhood of yuppies. All sorts of amazing things get thrown out here, and my friend finds them. Or at least he did, until he flew back home to Toronto a few years ago to attend his father's funeral and never came back.
      This brings us to the point of this thread.

I've been helping the owner of the house he lived in clean out all the junk he left behind. All sorts of cool things have been surfacing. One thing I found last night though stuck out. 5 Super-VHS tapes. They have lables on them from the Gastown Post and Rainmaker Digital Pictures, referencing Stargate SG-1. For example, one says:

STARGATE SG-1B DAY: 3PT1&2
      "MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE" TC: 03 HR NDF
      Ep.#8906
      REEL: 073
      Dailies Xfer D.O.P.

CR: A262-266,B157-158,C93
      Length: 39:13
      Stargate SG-1 Prodn. Ltd. Partnership
      TC/KC BURNS OP:CHD
      07-MAY-98
      TCN:8193

D.O.P
      TO: SET

Am I right in assuming D.O.P. stands for director of photography? And that these tapes contain something really cool?
      I haven't tried to play any of them yet as I don't have an S-VHS compatible VCR.

I can snap some pictures shortly.
      sounds cool, good luck with them, hope you find something to play them on.
      Music and Stargate
      sigpic
      Perfection

Comment

s-vhs decks aren't that hard to find. we have some at work
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've yet to find one, which is odd considering how flooded the tech market is here. I'll let you know what's on them when I figure out how to check.

Comment

Working...
          X