Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now on antibiotics (and IRN BRU). Thanks, all!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Now on antibiotics (and IRN BRU). Thanks, all!
      we're going to stick you into one of the rebel Asgard suits.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        we're going to stick you into one of the rebel Asgard suits.
        sigpic

Comment

Have you thought about doing shows about individual writers, music, costumes, directors and other people that work on the show but don't get much of the lime light. You guys seems well suited to look at what people have done for the show. Based on the interviews you have done and general knowledge of Stargate. This way your not really looking at a season but really lets you take a more complete look at what people have done for Stargate as a whole. Sometimes it might be just one show in season 2 of SG-1 other times you might be looking at someone that has worked on all three shows.

In the quite times this could a almost endless area for show ideas and goes to your desire to give credit where its due.

Keep up the good work
          ~NM
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Oh, get well soon Darren - I think with the antibiotics and all the good advice in this thread you should be up and running/talking real soon. So, that's why there was no podcast last week.

Happy St. Patrick's day also!

dax

Comment

Episode #81 is now available!

The third season of Stargate Atlantis was pivotal for the show: the writers introduced new bad guys, brought back Richard Dean Anderson’s Jack O’Neill, and wrote out two major characters (… though their stories would go on). In this week’s podcast GateWorld’s Darren and David will talk about the highs, lows, and important character developments in Season Three — from “No Man’s Land” to “First Strike,” complete with showdowns, flashbacks, sisters, and fond farewells.

And we’ll hear from you! In an extra-large Listener Mail segment, Stargate fans sound off about women in the franchise, keeping up with the Destiny, the studio’s selling off of Stargate props, and more.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...-season-three/
              Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-03-17.mp3
              Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: Do you find any of SGU’s characters to be heroic? Do you think they need to be for you to engage with them and their stories?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!

Comment

Phew! The Podcast Cold Turkey was tough!!!!!

And now to listen!

S'n'T
                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                Sara O' Neill's father;
                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Hope every thing's alright with you guys, you're a bit later than usual.

Comment

Editing snafu this week means the podcast won't be up till later today, or as late as first thing Friday morning. Sorry, everyone!

Comment

Now Available:
                      Episode #82 - SGU's Anti-Heroes

The heroes of the Stargate universe have done some “damned distasteful things” over the years, often walking the moral line … and sometimes crossing it. In Stargate Universe, however, the writers’ goal was to avoid the heroic archetypes and create characters who are all varying shades of grey. But can we as viewers still love these characters and engage in their stories? We can relate to their imperfections … but can we look up to them?

In this week’s episode of the podcast GateWorld’s Darren and David talk about the “anti-heroes” of SGU, and the capacity of such true-to-life characters for real heroism. If you haven’t seen the show yet, beware of spoilers through the end of “Justice,” the mid-season finale that aired in December. There are only two week remaining until new episodes return!

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...s-anti-heroes/
                      Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-03-24.mp3
                      Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from Atlantis Season Four, and why do you love it?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!

Comment

Just listened to the 'Anti-heroes' podcast. Great show. I personally like pretty much all of the characters so far as story devices, and weirdly the more evil things they do the more I seem to become interested and involved with them, and love routing for different characters each episode, which differs a lot from SG1 and SGA. I recently re-watched 'Time' and, when Greer is talking to Young about the recording in the Gate Room he says "I wouldn't let all those people die under my watch", which really seemed to show that even though Greer doesn't exactly get along with all of these people, he is determined to protect them at all costs, which gave me a fresh perspective about the character.

Oh, and since Sky1 isn't airing new eps till next week, what happens to the podcasts if Darren hasn't seen the episode until over a week later? Just wondering, as I'll at least know to avoid that podcast until after 'Space' airs here in the UK. Great show and keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                          Oh, and since Sky1 isn't airing new eps till next week, what happens to the podcasts if Darren hasn't seen the episode until over a week later? Just wondering, as I'll at least know to avoid that podcast until after 'Space' airs here in the UK. Great show and keep up the good work.
                          Good question! Just like in Jersey when I couldn't get Syfy (school's restrictive cable service and no option for satellite), here in Scotland I can't get Sky. Something about zoning regulations not allowing a satellite dish. I was worried at first, but quickly discovered that iTunes doesn't block my purchases (apparently since I am using a credit card with a U.S. billing address). I've been a faithful iTunes viewer of Stargate for three years now.

Nice and legal, and I get to plunk down my $1.99 every week to support the show ($2.99 starting with "Space," thanks to the new HDTV!).

Comment

Nice one! Weird that you can't get Sky up there. Anyways enjoy the episode and BTW for anybody else that wants to know, it said in the Sky magazine that starting April 13th episodes of SGU will air from 9 PM. Don't know if this was just a typo or something, but it would make sense, as they are currently airing Caprica in that time slot.

Comment

Sky's online schedule says it's at 8 p.m. Oddly enough, right now it also says that SGU isn't airing April 20.

Comment

Great podcast! I really enjoyed it.

It's interesting that you make comparisons to Dexter. I have to admit I am a fan of Dexter. Though, at the beginning, I doubted that I would enjoy it, in the end I did and I can tell you why. You can't really say that Dexter has truly redeemable traits. He's a cold-blooded killer and though he kills only the bad guys, he's still a killer. But redeemable or not, he's, in a very strange way, likeable. The show is written very, very well, especially the dialogues and inner monologues of Dexter, which are filled with very dark humor. Of course, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the humor was definitely the thing that made me watch the show and made Dexter this strange kind of likeable.

Because I'm sitting here in Europe and have only watched SGU till the episode Earth, it's too early for me to tell if I think the characters are likeable or not, but so far nothing in them truly caught my interest. So far, I don't truly care what happens to them. Hopefully that'll change with time, because if you don't care about the characters, then everything else - their trials and tribulations - is kind of meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                                X