• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the end of time and caprica. for open line night
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Episode #76 is now available!

We’re going back to the past this week, as the GateWorld Podcast’s series on Stargate history continues! David and Darren talk about the first season of Stargate Atlantis, which aired on Syfy Channel from 2004 to 2005. How successful was the first spin-off show in its early days? Which episodes stand out the most, and which story elements (and characters) were rightly set aside?

We’ll talk about everything from “Rising” to “The Siege,” and hear from listeners about your favorite episodes.
      David and/or Darren,

You did a good job editing my voice mail for Episode #75. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to make more voice mail calls and less e-mail messages to the podcasts that I subscribe to.

I have noticed that Farpoint Media (Phoenix, AZ) does not have a Stargate Podcast. Have you considered using their company to assist in the marketing of your podcast?

Thanks
      Jim of Parsons, WV

Comment

I'll look into it, Jim. Thanks for the suggestion! I've looked at Farpoint's member shows in the past, and David and I are definitely looking for ways to take the show to the "next level" in terms of promotion and possibly advertiser support.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi all

Loved the look back at SGA. Was it just me or did anybody else get a little hairtingle hearing the old Atlantis theme? Gosh, I really miss that show.

Re: Open Line night: Your thoughts on the on-going "hold" on the SG movies, the state of the DVD market and its affect on SG and indeed SciFi in general? Also, is 3D the next big thing or another flash in the pan??

Best to all

S'n'T
          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
          Sara O' Neill's father;
          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
            Hi all

Loved the look back at SGA. Was it just me or did anybody else get a little hairtingle hearing the old Atlantis theme? Gosh, I really miss that show.

Re: Open Line night: Your thoughts on the on-going "hold" on the SG movies, the state of the DVD market and its affect on SG and indeed SciFi in general? Also, is 3D the next big thing or another flash in the pan??

Best to all

S'n'T
            Same here, I miss it muchly!
            sigpic

Comment

Episode #76 is now available!

It’s time for Open Line Night on the GateWorld Podcast! These are the shows where we talk about whatever is on your mind, be it Stargate or other sci-fi television and film. Joining Darren and David for this week’s conversation is our friend Michael Hinman, owner and site coordinator of Airlock Alpha — one of the Internet’s premiere genre news sites!

Up for discussion are things like Avatar, Star Trek Online, Stargate: Resistance, TV broadcast and DVD release strategies, a moon base for Stargate Command, Syfy’s new series Caprica, and more.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...en-line-night/
              Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-02-03.mp3
              Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: How much of a television character do you think comes from the writers, and how much from the actor who plays the character?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!
              Last edited by Darren; 11 February 2010, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                This Week's Listener Question: How much of a television character do you think comes from the writers, and how much from the actor who plays the character?
                I think it is about 90% the writer and 10% the actor. David Hewlett, for instance, is a classic character actor. If, starting back in Season 5 of SG-1 "48 Hours", Rodney McKay was given heroic lines to say instead of sexist and comedic lines, then it would have work for the episode, but McKay would not be that interesting of a character and Hewlett probably would not have been asked to join the cast of Stargate Atlantis. The actor's look and delivery of the lines is the 10% that he brings to the table.

Comment

Great podcast guys!

Thanks for the indepth response to my question re: DVD market and the on-going "hold" on the SG1 / SGA movies. Interesting times we live in, to say the least. Also, what was/is that Super Secret Project David was up to in Vancouver?? Or did I miss the memo??

Will ponder this week's question....in a Teal'c like comtemplative way.....

S'n'T

PS : Speedy recovery to Darren's 2yr old with temp....have been that soldier. Hope she/he is better.
                  "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                  Sara O' Neill's father;
                  COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Thanks, Paul! She's feeling better now, and her temp is back to normal.

Comment

for the upcoming women in stargate podcast. i recommend bring in a female for the chat. tame maybe.

Comment

It's underway! We should be able to announce the guests for that show next week.

Comment

Episode #77 is now available!

Jack O’Neill, Daniel Jackson, John Sheppard, Rodney McKay — we love ‘em, and we love the actors who bring the characters of Stargate to life. We welcome them into our homes, cheer for them at conventions, and thank them for inspiring us. But just how big a role do the actors play in creating the characters we love? Do we, as fans of Stargate or any television show, not give the writers enough credit for conceiving the character, writing the dialogue, and sending him or her on adventures?

That’s this week’s discussion topic on the podcast, as David and Darren consider the role of the actor, the role of the writer, and what goes into making some of our favorite TV characters who they are.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...ected-emotion/
                          Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-02-10.mp3
                          Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from Stargate Atlantis Season Two, and why do you love it?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!
                          Last edited by Darren; 11 February 2010, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I've have just finished listening to the two latest podcasts and I enjoyed them. I listened to Misdirected Emontions first and there I thought that you brought up some interesting points. I also get the feeling that a lot of the times, the fans gives a lot of praise to the actors, while at the same time the don't realize of much effort the writers have put into it.
                            I don't remember a lot of stuff from Open Line Night, except for all the praise you gave to Bear McCreary. Which he definitely deserves. My reason for not paying much atention was that I was writing the final darft of scene 3 of my short film project. I found my self in deep thoughts about the scene and I just forgot about the podcast. Then something in the podcast snapped me out of the trance and I just listened for a moment, wondering how you ended up talking about that particular subject.

My favorite episode from Atlantis season 2 is probably "Runner". It did a great job with introducing Ronon, a character with great potential that wasn't utilized enough. I also enjoyed seeing Lorne again for the first time since SG1's "Enemy Mine". I found McKay to be grating in the episode, but that doesn't mean much since I really don't like the character. Knowing a person just like him in real life doesn't really help me to start liking him as a character. Although David Hewlett is a fantastic actor.
                            Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 11 February 2010, 03:39 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Finally caught up on the podcasts

Excellent job Guys as always ...and I loved the Bill O'Reilly reference ... I am sure only a few actually caught it but that is what made it fun
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

didn't check it ... oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X