X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!!

Many thanks Jump237.

Left a voice mail for the show. I listened back after recording the listener mail and at one point I say something like:

"I love the sets, decor, lighting etc".....when I listened back it sounds like I say.....

"I love the sex, decor, lighting etc....". So just warning all podcast listeners!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure uber-cool editor David will have caught that (or indeed laughed out loud!)

Best to all!!

S'n'T
    "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
    Sara O' Neill's father;
    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

I just assumed it was "sex." Perfectly on-topic for a show about SGU.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Re-Announcement!

The Internets have finally come back on in my household, but just in time for me to lose my voice to a Christmas bug holdover. The next podcast is now scheduled for Wednesday, January 20.

So ... you still have a few more days to call in with your thoughts on SGU so far! I think this is an important topic, and we don't have a whole lot of calls to play yet.
        NOOOOO now i wont be able to have the podcast untill after exams

Comment

Thanks Darren

Actually, what happened was my wife was walking through the kitchen as I was leaving the voicemail and eyed me suspiciously as I reached "that line".....then when I listened back, I understood. Reminds me of the SGU cover for the S.F.X Magazine, where the lower part of the F is obscured by Robert Carlyle. So, it looks like SEX....again bit of explanation necessary when I brought the mag home http://twitpic.com/ga9ty

What is it with SGU and SEX????

Later all

S'n'T
          Sara O' Neill's father;
          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Just listened in to the Podcast. Good discussion guys. Loved all the listener comments. Agree re: the Slow Burn etc.

Anyhoo, onwards for the SGA S1 discussion!!

Best to all.

S'n'T
            Sara O' Neill's father;
            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

So you're going back to discussing SGA seasons? Great! I'll be able to listen again! (We, here in continental Europe, are still waiting for SGU and I didn't want any spoilers. Hopefully, it'll be shown here soon.)

Season one of SGA is probably my favorite. It's just got this hopeful, frontier feeling to it, mostly due to them still being cut off from Earth. There are so many good episodes in this one. Though I like Rising, I have to admit that The Eye/The Storm is the best episode of this season. There are so many powerful emotions in it! The threat of truly losing Atlantis, losing Weir and Sheppard mutating into a vengeful, dark man only with the wish of killing the Genii, made the episode spectacular.

Comment

Just realized I forgot to post this here yesterday!

Episode #74 is now available!

The GateWorld Podcast returns for 2010! In our first show of the new year, Darren and David are weighing in on the first half of Stargate Universe’s premiere season. Now that we’ve seen 10 episodes, what do we think of the show? Who are the stand-out characters? Is the balance right between character drama and plot-driving action? How well does SGU carry on the Stargate legacy, and how is it doing judged solely on its own merits?

We’ll also hear from listeners on the topic of SGU So Far, and other topics in Listener Mail.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...st-sgu-so-far/
                Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-01-20.mp3
                Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from Stargate Atlantis’s first season, and why do you love it?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!
                Last edited by Darren; 11 February 2010, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Ahhh its good to have the podcast back it makes for some good bed time listening for me

As for my favorite episode of stargate atlantis season 1, i would have to say that it has to be Rising part 1 it did a great job of introducing the characters and the premise.
                  sigpic
                  Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                  Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from Stargate Atlantis’s first season, and why do you love it?

I'm throwing my in 2 cents. I liked the pilot (Rising 1&2) the best. Almost immediately, I connected with all of the characters. They were introduced wonderfully, and the premise of the show was also well-displayed. I liked the Wraith. I also liked them exploring a new galaxy.

Comment

Thanks for bringing the podcast back! I love listening to them. And especially happy to listen to discussions about SGA - I still miss it so much.
                      I think my favorite episodes (hard to pick one) were Rising for the sheer joy, inspiration and promise that it held. The Storm and The Eye were terrific adventure eps and 38 minutes for the Shep vs Iratus bug.
                      sigpic

Comment

S1 was my favorite season, so it's hard to pick one, but I would have to go with The Storm/The Eye. Kolya was probably the best villain of the series, and I love the way John, Rodney, and Elizabeth are all portrayed here, fighting for the city in their own ways. And to be honest, this was probably John Sheppard at his best (IMO anyway).

Personal runners up would be Rising of course, Before I Sleep (the best of the Elizabeth episodes), The Defiant One, and The Brotherhood.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Before I Sleep, for the mindblowing time-travel aspect. I dig the wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

Comment

Ah, but did you blink?

Comment

Episode #75 is now available!

We’re going back to the past this week, as the GateWorld Podcast’s series on Stargate history continues! David and Darren talk about the first season of Stargate Atlantis, which aired on Syfy Channel from 2004 to 2005. How successful was the first spin-off show in its early days? Which episodes stand out the most, and which story elements (and characters) were rightly set aside?

We’ll talk about everything from “Rising” to “The Siege,” and hear from listeners about your favorite episodes.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...is-season-one/
                              Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-01-27.mp3
                              Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: It’s Open Line Night! Call in and let us know what you want to hear us talk about with special guest Michael Hinman from AirlockAlpha.com. Stargate, Caprica, LOST, other science fiction TV and film … the sky is the limit this week.

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!
                              Last edited by Darren; 11 February 2010, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Assuming that you guys have seen the pilot of Caprica, what do you think?

Me, I'm not as amazed and awestruck at this series as much as I was with the miniseries of BSG...but, it is interesting only because of the creation of the Cylons.

I do like that the beginning of the "skinjobs" was accidental because the daughter of a computer genius, who created the original Cylons, was also a genius. But, that's all that I'm interested in so far. I think Joseph Adama is the strongest character so far because of the background of his family.

I spent most of the time confused until watching the last 30 mintues and I finally started to get what they were going to do with this series...but I'm not amazed yet.

BSG was awe inspiring from the very beginning. Within moments I was connected to many of the characters, whom they took the time to introduce before the Cylons attacked. You knew who these characters were going to be and the kind of choices they were going to make. I don't think the characters are as well established in Caprica as they were in BSG.

Although I'm not expecting this show to be anyway close to the masterpiece that BSG was...but I was a little disappointed.

Oh....and when are we gonna get a BSG vs. Stargate podcast???
                                Far from home
                                A man searches for hope.
                                Far from home, he finds it.

Comment

Working...
                                X