Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are stellar ideas. I especially liked the one about speculating where those loose ends wound up. I'm certainly not the only fan who has daydreamed about the Reetou recognizing the Tau'ri's eventual technological superiority and reconsidering, only to be wiped out by the Ori months later.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Is the podcast for "Life" up? Becuase the hyperlink is there, but I cannot download the MP3 file

@SupremeLegate
      Apogee Institute
      Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

In the works, but delayed by the unusual circumstances of Thanksgiving week!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

then we shall cancel the holiday
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Episode #70 is now available!

Stargate Universe heads into its final episodes of 2009 with "Life," last Friday's new and somewhat controversial episode. GateWorld's own Darren and Tame are talking about the ins and outs of the episode in this week's podcast. What do we think of gay characters on SGU, and how Camille and Sharon's relationship was portrayed? How about the surprises in store for Lt. Scott and Colonel Young when they returned home to Earth? And just what is that chair on the Destiny all about? There's a lot to discuss in this episode, which turned from more traditional sci-fi back to the drama well.

We’ll also hear what listeners have to say about "Life," as well as more on last week’s stellar episode, "Time." And we’ll nitpick a bit about this week's episode in the Quibbles segment.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...-podcast-life/
            Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2009-11-25.mp3
            Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What do you think of the inclusion and portrayal of sex on Stargate Universe? Has it been appropriate for learning about these characters – or gratuitous and unnecessary?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

You thread-posters are awesome and insightful, but we want to hear your voice. Now that new episodes of Stargate are airing we're doing our best to get away from reading written comments on air.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

NEW NUMBER! Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks again to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!

Comment

just downloaded podcast 70 and ti took about less then a minute....awesome

Comment

The fact that you have spent the first ten minutes of the latest podcast talking about the characters sexuality and the nature of their relationships is for me exactly what is the problem with sgu.

This is not what stargate is about, or at least what i want to see in the show!

We have greys anatomy for this.
                Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

The show might as well have been called stonegate sexverse so far. Its mostly been a waste of time.
                  Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I liked the podcast, you handled the discussion of the gay character quite respectful.

What I am about to say might sound 'political', and I don't want to be righteous, but....you all guys do know that being gay is *not* a choice? It's just a fact that it isn't, just like it's a fact that the Earth is not flat and that the sun is not orbiting the Earth. Therefore, the whole question of 'endorsing the lifestyle' sounds quite awkward. Because, you never hear people about endoring the 'lifestyles' of people with red hair, or caucasians, or old people.

It's not my intention to start a whole discussion about it, but it are just my thoughts.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, Arjanni. I'm sure you are aware that there are other perspectives on this issue out there.

Here, I'd rather keep the discussion to Stargate and its portrayal of gay characters. The general debate over homosexuality is best left for another thread (and podcast).

Comment

listening now you did do a great job with the discussion

Comment

Hey,

Just listened to the "Life" podcast. Darren and Tame, you guys did a great job. I agree with a lot of points. Life was not one of my favorite eps, and you guys hit the nail on the head how there were too many B and C stories going on with the episode and there was none that really stood out.

I think you feel how I feel about this series, and that is it is very good, but still waiting for that grand slam.

Keep up the good work!

B.G.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Thanks for your thoughts, Arjanni. I'm sure you are aware that there are other perspectives on this issue out there.

Here, I'd rather keep the discussion to Stargate and its portrayal of gay characters. The general debate over homosexuality is best left for another thread (and podcast).

I agree that this is best left to another thread.

However i do think you were on very dangerous ground when you and your co-host started talking about whether or not you approved of this 'lifestyle choice.'

And i would also mention, the caller you had in who said ' as a christian i cannot approve of their lifestyle choice...'

I'm sorry when did christianity become bigotry?

Comment

As the co-host I will speak for myself and say since the point of the podcast is to give honest thoughts and opinions, that is what I did.
                              However, as Darren stated above there are many varying perspectives on the subject. Including the caller's personal belief system and how it shapes that person's opinion.

So while the topic in and of itself is not really appropriate in this thread. As part of the episode, it was appropriate within the discussion that was had. I would hope every person that listens to any podcast always knows that the opinions are only of the person stating them and in no way is meant to define or pass any judgment on any person who holds a different or even opposite opinion.
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                The general debate, yes. But in regards to what was said on the podcast, I would like to leave the feedback that I felt it was offensive and need not have been said at all. When you've been talking about the other relationships on the show - Scott maybe being a sex addict or Young having an affair - you haven't gone out of your way to prefix those discussions with a "Why I don't personally agree with" statement. I'm just hoping that in future podcasts you will refrain from doing so as it really isn't a nice thing to hear. Rest of the podcast was great though.

Comment

Working...
                                X