This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Flooder, thanks for the tip. I think I found the problem -- please check the feed again!
    Thanks - I noticed that my Zune had picked it up this morning, so the feed must be good.

Keep up the great work!

Comment

Hey all

Just downloaded podcast, gonna listen now. Thank you KhaosNite 13 for your kind mention! *bows deeply*.

Am flicking thru Season 5 for the upcoming podcast.

Best to all

Shirt'n'Tie
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Hey guys..
        First something on the last podcast, SGvsST.. I was hoping to hear about the so called issue on the TNG budget when they created the borg.. that originaly they wor suppose to be these mecanical bugs like and they ended up with the cybernetic humanoids.. and years later to see them apearing on SG-1.. but thats the past now.. you did preaty much covered most of the big diferences and silimarities betwen SG and ST ..and in my opinion ,it was nice to hear you two..
        On the next podcast the 5th season of SG-1 ..i'll say that I dont have a favorite episode there, but I have to say that in season 5 people started to ask themselfs if the Stargate realy exists. As i read somewhere,some guys belive, Wormhole X-Treme was created to give a background to a already existing "plausible deniability" and to cover up the real thing.. I'm not saing that i agree with those kind of theories..but from my point of view, that episode gave a bit of a push and a bit of a real mistery to SG franchise. I know, my wife started to love SG right after the episode
        Maybe i'm just mumbling nonsense here, but to be honest, i would really like to know what you guys think about this!
        All the best

(if Darren remembers, I am the Admin on Addicted to Stargate on Facebook)
        Defiance tastes like life itself. No river, no water, dry as a desert. Darkness all around...The harvest moon is rising, Wraith are never ending. I know the future. Come inside...I’ll show you your destiny...

Comment

Loved this weeks podcast guys! Thanks for the great work!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Couple of things I wanted to comment on, regarding the podcast not the content.

First off, the volume on the podcast is very low. Compared to every other of the 37 podcasts I listen to I have to turn up the volume about 30-40% to get equal volume.

Secondly, i'd be a bit more picky about voicemails... two episodes ago there was a guy going on and on and on, obvisouely reading directly off a paper and not doing a very good job at it. It was so annoying I almost turned off the entire thing. Then with the last episode there was a guy with such a bad mic and on top of that he was mumbling so I couldnt understand anything.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Loved this weeks podcast guys! Thanks for the great work!
              same here

Comment

Hi all,

two episodes ago there was a guy going on and on and on, obvisouely reading directly off a paper and not doing a very good job at it
                Totally agree.....uh....hang on......wait....my wife says the same thing!! Uh-oh...that was me! Oops!

As my old college Prof use to say : gathered thoughts which leave out the "...ummms" and "aaahhs" and "so anyways" tend to lead to a more listener-friendly contribution. But you're right my delivery was awful, always a bit nervous talking into a voice mail...ah well...back to voice coaching for me. Hollywood: standby!

I tried to be as concise as possible, but given the nature of the discussion (Just War), I personally felt that rather than a terse flippant sound-bite comment ( 30-60 seconds), a more levelled constructive contribution was needed.

I do take your point though and am glad you persevered for what I thought was a great talk by our hosts, Darren and David for a wonderful topic.

With regard to microphone quality, that's another issue, but I for one am delighted to hear as many different opinions (from the contributors personally) and always persevere with the sound quality. I feel it gives the contributor a chance to make their point in their own way. I will often rewind and replay to catch what they say, and listen intently for their contribution.

On a separate note : Cool model by the way! How long did it take to create it?

Best to all

Shirt'n'Tie
                Last edited by Shirt'n'Tie; 12 June 2009, 08:46 AM.
                Sara O' Neill's father;
                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                  As my old college Prof use to say : gathered thoughts which leave out the "...ummms" and "aaahhs" and "so anyways" tend to lead to a more listener-friendly contribution. But you're right my delivery was awful, always a bit nervous talking into a voice mail...ah well...back to voice coaching for me. Hollywood: standby!

On a separate note : Cool model by the way! How long did it take to create it?
                  I figured nervousness was the cause. You're right about concise things without "umm"s and such, but it was a bit tiresome to listen to because it was so obvious it was a direct read. Not at first, but after a while it started to lose intonation, you read faster and the sentences started to sound a bit like a presentation at school. I have the same problem myself, my native language isn't english but I use written english all day so I spit out written words like a minigun, but I never ever get to use my spoken english. When I do tutorial videos on my website I'm then left with the choice of a lot of stuttering if talking from my heart, or losing all the personality in it if I read a script. As a result i dont say **** even if i should xD

Reply to sidenote: took about two weeks. you can read more about it here: http://andreasodegard.com/2009/05/wo...s-class-model/
                  sigpic

Comment

Next Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from the fifth season of Stargate SG-1, and why do you love it?

Season 5 is the only season in which I don't have one favourite episode. I think it's the most even season ever produced. There are no real stinkers in it but it also lacks truly outstanding episodes. Everything is just..good. Each character gets his/her own episodes, we find out new things about old allies/enemies, allegiances shift and of course Daniel dies.

I think Meridian is an interesting episode because it feels like it was made especially for fans. We, the fans who came to care deeply about Daniel are very moved and the episode is a great send off of a beloved character, the end of his journey on the show. But almost all the casual viewers I know personally think it's just slow and dreadfully boring and tend to avoid it. So what do you think? Can the perception of Meridian change depending on how much involved the viewer is in the show?

To be more on topic, my personal favourite is a toss up between Red Sky, 48 hours and Revelations - I can't narrow it down more. These 3 episodes are team episodes but each one of them represents a different face of the show.

Red Sky is the most sci-fi one out of the 3 but it also explores another culture and poses some moral questions. It's also very difficult for the characters. It's the only episode apart from Abyss that shows Jack in rage.

48 hours is Earth bound and shows each character's strenghts and abilities as Sam, Daniel and Jack do everything they can to save Teal'c and thanks to their combined efforts they succeed.

Revelations is a typical action episode involving the Asgard, which is always good, but with the team mourning Daniel's "death" and Thor's captivity it lacks the usual Stargate lightness in favour of more realism and team interaction. Great episode.
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

hey guys. Just got caught up with all the podcasts i missed during my exams. So thought i'd get back into replying here. I would phone, but have no idea how expensive it is.

Anyway, season 5 hasn't got a lot of stand out episodes in my opinion. But my favourite episode has got to be Last Stand. It's action packed, with 2 great stories involving Daniel undercover and the rest of SG-1 and Lt. Elliot (if im not mistaken) escaping from the Tok'ra base. The ending is very moving, with Elliot scarificing himself, on his first misison, in order to save SG-1 and Jacob. The episode was a great second parter full of action and a few great character moments.

Other than that season 5 was a good season, but nothing too special.
                      "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                      O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                      Woolsey: What does that mean?
                      O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Hi Darren and David,

Answering this week's listener question

My favourite episodes of season 5 are (because I can't pick just one LOL)

Red Sky - I like this episode because see SG1 actually getting it wrong and not being able to fix it, I like the fact that Sam has no solution for this problem, it made her more real to me, she can screw up just like the rest of us.
                        My only regret with this episode was that they fixed it at all, this was one of those times I wanted to see SG1 fail.

Rite of Passage - I really liked this episode, I loved the interaction between Janet and Cassie and also the interaction between Cassie and Sam I loved the recall to Singularity. However I think Jack let his feelings get in the way when he agreed to let Nirrti go.

Desperate Measures - I like this episode because it is very Sam-centred and the lengths the team go to to find her, but parts of this episode I found to be a bit unrealistic, such as Sam being able to run the halls with a gun during her rescue, I'll give that adrenalin might have kept her on her feet while she was in danger but IMHO we should have seen some repercussions of all the drugs Sam had had put into her body, even if it was just her collapsing back at the SGC.

Meridian - I was still pretty new to Stargate when I watch this episode, I was sad that Daniel who I was just getting to know was going away a very heroic way to go though, at that moment I felt very much part of this 'family'.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Episode #47 is now available!

The fifth season of Stargate SG-1 was nothing short of epic, with events ranging from the downfall of Apophis and the rise of Anubis to the death of Daniel Jackson himself. The season has some of our favorite episodes of the series — plus the show’s landmark one-hundredth episode. It was also the series’ final year on Showtime. In this week’s podcast, GateWorld’s Darren and David run through the highs and lows of Season Five and what made it one of the strongest years in Stargate history.

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest news from the world of Stargate

GateWorld Features! What's new on the site?

Interview Preview! Hear a preview of our interview with Wraith queen actress Andee Frizzell.

Listener Feedback!

Next Week's Listener Question: Are all characters equal? Do you think that some should be utilized more than others — or should every member of the team have equal time?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything Stargate-related you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the podcast!
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Re: Zippies Death
                            How bout this as a scenario (mind u didn't know zippy had dies till just now so yeh ), Zippies told that theres a tokra thats been found. He then rings down to the planet to interrogate him. BAMN the tokra poison, and by by Zippy.

Also, the end of the podcast has been cut off
                            u will need to repost it
                            it cuts off at around the 40 minute mark

Comment

Hi all!!

Yep, Spinobreaker when I downloaded from iTunes it is as follows:

On iTunes registers as 59:53 but downloads to 40:02. I'm sure D and D will sort it out. Need my podcast fix!

Best to all!

Shirt'n'Tie

PS:This is for anyone to answer: What was the deal with the Aschen? Surely with Earth's address, they would continue to dial up and keep bombarding the gate with a bio-weapon? Also...no tears for the Senator?? That'd take some explaining...and a Special Election!!???!!
                              Sara O' Neill's father;
                              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

I checked and the download through the podcast page on the site cuts out halfway through Proving Ground too.

Comment

Working...
                                X