This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon H View Post
    Apologies if this has already been asked, but it was mentioned in the last podcast that there are some very well written novel length fan-fiction floating about on the internet. I am totally new to fan-fiction and thought that this would be a great introduction into the genre. Therefore, please could you provide me with the details of the novel-length fan-fiction referred to in the podcast. Thanks.
    Hi Simon. There are various fanfic sites, but you can try The Stargate Novel Archive, fanfiction.net and Heliopolis.
    sigpic

Comment

Tame was no doubt the one who made that comment, since she's much more familiar than us guys with what is out there.

Tame, could you recommend a few longer, quality fics?
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Hi Simon. There are various fanfic sites, but you can try The Stargate Novel Archive, fanfiction.net and Heliopolis.
        Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Tame was no doubt the one who made that comment, since she's much more familiar than us guys with what is out there.

Tame, could you recommend a few longer, quality fics?
        I was going to But the Fabulous Bev beat me to it (((((((BEV))))))))))...those are some very good links as well as The Stargate Awards
        The 2008 awards are just gearing up BUT if you click on the Archive button you will see links for the years past.

I highly recommend these as well since many are recommended across the fandom
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Loved the spoilers pod cast.

i have to say though that the assumption that revealing a character will not be on the show can be too large of a spoiler to tell. If a character is such a main character that their departure in any way (be it death, retirement, promotion, new job, etc) drastically effects the show then it shouldn't be posted. For example if theoretically on Star Trek they had revealed that William Shatner wasn't returning, that is really big or
          Spoiler:
          In 24 when they revealed that the show had been renewed for an 8th season it is obvious that despite the fact that Jack is in great harm he will not die because the entire show is based around him

What happened to the star trek discussion that was supposed to happen after the podcast, is that being saved for the last 10 minutes of the Star Trek v. Stargate podcast?

Comment

For the Pocast Listener Question:

For me Season Four was continueing the excellence from the beginning. It was wonderful to watch a show and have complete faith in every episode as it aired. Many of the fun "what if" ideas fans wanted to see were present with Upgrades(super powers) and Double Jeopardy(robots). Plus, it was a wonderful shipper heavy season without losing focus of the overall team. We got a wonderful mix of the silly and important issues too. The only episode that lacked was "The Curse". I just didn't care for the story. Plus hardly any Jack.

Thanks,
            Mac Jackson
            Singer/Songwriter of
            "Harmony Constant"
            [email protected]
            myspace.com/harmonyconstant
            youtube.com/MacWJack
            Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
            http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

This is for David especially, considering how you view spoilers, but I wanted to know your thoughts on the story on my friend Jeff, being a hermit, in the week before the 7th Harry Potter novel. Was it too much of an effort to avoid spoilers, or could this be a viable way to avoid them?

Originally posted by KhaosNite13 View Post
              During the week before Harry Potter #7 came out, my friend Jeff became a hermit. He avoided going on MSN, MuggleNet (Harry Potter fan site), and even hanging out with myself and my friends, to avoid the potential spoilers of the novel. He did however join us on the midnight release. While it may have been at a point of being extreme to avoid spoilers, he succeeded, and avoided being spoiled.
              Listener Question
              My favourite episode has been and probably always will be Window of Opportunity. While I watch now for the comedy included, the story behind it was very well written, and the prospect of being caught in a time loop brought out the comedy. My favourite moment in the episode has to be Jack's "wacko" line and the mustard and ketchup smiley. Very serious line for Jack, but oh so funny for fans.

Comment

My favorite SG-1 Season 4 episode is "2010".

It's a beautiful episode with a great concept; stylistically one of the best of the series. Add in some good humor at the mothballed SGC, and a classic is born.

Season 4 is my favorite season and there are no shortage of classic episodes in it!!!
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Hey all

Another great podcast!!! Many thanks.

Tame: Yes, you are right, I should have qualified my line a bit there (oops...mea culpa) Each fan to their own..what I should have said was..I don't personally look for spoilers, but if I stumble across one (eg: Lost Tribe and THAT photo) then I'm not too put out.... Should have made that clear...apologies for same.
                  In fact Tame, as I thought about what you said and indeed listened to the podcast, I was remembering the days before the 'net and no spoilers...Let me give an example....Many many moons ago, I was (and still am) a Magnum PI fan. Well, living here in Ireland, in the 1980's with just TWO television channels...choice was just not around! Another of my fav series was Simon and Simon... Anyhoo, in about 83 or 84, they did a cross over show (Yep..MacJackson, I'm on your team re: Cross Overs!!)...Had I known before hand that this was to happen I would have been denied the thrill of seeing my two shows join up!! I don't necessarily believe Spoilers are a good thing at all (and echo Darren's comments re: BSG /Ron Moore... I also echo David's query re: how they managed to keep Star Trek under wraps : leading to a Spoiler free airing!)

RE: Season 4 : OMG!!!!! Gathering thoughts on same.

Best to all

Shirt'n'Tie
                  "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                  Sara O' Neill's father;
                  COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses818 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    In 24 when they revealed that the show had been renewed for an 8th season it is obvious that despite the fact that Jack is in great harm he will not die because the entire show is based around him
                    I have to agree with you 100% on that example. But just to play devils advocate...

Spoiler:
                    You do know that Kiefer Sutherland is one of the producers for that show. He could just die in the show and still have his involvement with the show or; they could have just ended it with Jack dying and do a a prequel season. So it doesn't really mean anything.

In the end you still have to watch and see what happens.
                    Last edited by Underground Wire; 21 May 2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Well, here in central Europe we're getting everything one year later than you guys in the US, so it's practically impossible to not be spoiled by things if you are connected to the internet, especially if you're involved with the fandom.

So like them or not, I will probably still be spoiled one year before I see the episode.

As for the listener question, season four of SG-1 absolutely rocked! There were so many good episodes that it's hard to decide which is the best. For me, two episodes tied for first place: Window of Opportunity and 2010.

WoO was the funniest episode of SG-1 ever. Even now, so many years later, I laugh when I watch it. It's simply a classic.

2010, on the other hand, embodied everything SG-1 as a team is. Even after ten years of being apart and estranged from each other, they still set out to change the history of mankind on a suicide mission. Jack going to them to help, even after rejecting Carter, and her rushing back to help her team shows that no matter what happened or will happen, they will face it together and succeed or die trying. I will go as far as to say that it is the best team episode of the whole series. A moment where the dynamics of the team were so pronounced never happened again, especially in seasons nine and ten. The difference, I believe, is that I think the original team was not only a team, but it was also family. What do you think?

Comment

Hi Darren and David,

Another great podcast!!

Answering this weeks listener question

Season 4 was a great season especially for us shippers, with eps like “Window of Opportunity” a really fun team ep with a little flair of Sam/Jack with that wonderful resignation and kiss that Sam will never remember. And “Beneath the Surface” where their attraction/love is allowed to shine through b/c Sam and Jack don't remember who they are. When Sam said "Sir" and the end of the ep, boy I felt Jack's pain, that look in both their eyes hurt to watch. Last but no means least “Divide and Conquer” the pinnacle (so far ) of all the shippy eps, the 'confession' from Jack still makes me Squeeeee! And look the looks they share from opposite sides of the force-shield is heartbreaking, they say so much to each just with their eyes, its wonderful, great acting by AT and RDA.

There were some great team moments too!! I think S4 was one of the best SG1 seasons!!

Thanks guys keep up the good work.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hey guys, great podcast!

Just wanted to say thanks for promoting the Stargate SG-1 First Prime audio drama; I had a great time writing it and working with the team in the recording studio! The final cut has been completed and we're all very happy with it...

Out Now:
                          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Twitter

Comment

Hey, gang!

Our mini-cast discussion of Star Trek is up now! It's just under 30 minutes long. Look for it on the podcast feed or in iTunes, or on the site:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...ast-star-trek/
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for the Mini-cast on Star Trek, now I have to go watch it again and look for some of the things you guys mentioned.

This is one of the advantages of the podcast, in depth analysis leads the watching of the show/movie so much differant

Comment

I think that the best
                                Spoiler:
                                Nero moment in the movie is after he refuses help from the Enterprise. As the Narada is sucked into a black hole and being pelted with fire from the Enterprise, Nero simply looks remorseful. So much must be going through his mind at that moment.

And Darren's view of Karl Urban's performance has to be the first remotely negative feedback for him I've heard/read to this point.

And the only thing I didn't like was Scotty's little assistant.

Other than that, it was simply great.
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 May 2009, 09:11 AM. Reason: Spoiler-tag inserted.
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X