Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) It has been mentioned that there was theoretically a gay character on SGA, my honest question is who cares? The show ignored sexual tension for the most part beyond basic tension. There was no serious advanced romantic interactions between anyone (except for McKay and Keller which was terrible). So why bring it up now? It is almost as bad as when JK Rowling decided that Dumbledore was gay. It doesn't affect the way that I will watch the show in one way or another. If on SGU it will be a major plot point, then fine. But what is the differance if the charachter is gay or straight if it is not a plot device, why should it matter?

2) Do you think that the Asgard in their mass-suicide, and by giving all their knowledge to the humans, also included copies of their personalities so that if the humans could figure out how to fix the genetic problem and then bring the great Asgard race back to life.

Comment

3) Do we ever get an indication as to how the supergate works? We know that it draws power either from a ZPM or from a blackhole. But how exactly is it dialed? Is there a DHD on board the Earth ships? Also, how exactly did SG1 know the address to dial to go to the Ori Galaxy? Furthermore, once they had the first Ori gate, why didn't they figure out how to make a similar one and use it in Pegasus to minimize the time it would take to get a ship from Milkyway to Pegasus in little time at all?

Comment

Hey,
        First of all, I want to tell you that I listen to your podcast every week and really enjoy it…
        A suggestion for open line night podcast:
        I was just wondering what you guys think made the stargate so popular.
        I mean, I'm from a little country across the world from you, and still I can find common ground with the stargate. And I know there are people from all over the world that can't get enough of the stargate franchise. What make it so unique?

Anyway, keep up the good work,
        ~We do not stop playing because we grow old,
        we grow old because we stop playing.~
        ~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Great podcast guys!

Lovin' the whole ascension meaning of life thing!!

RE: Open Line.... am pondering questions...

S'n'T
          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
          Sara O' Neill's father;
          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

For Open Night:

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
            Would you also consider doing a podcast evalutating the evolution of a character over the course of the series/movies?
            I'd love to hear what you think of the changes that occured for, say Daniel, or McKay or, actually, any of the others!
            I agree, I'd like to hear something like that as well. Although I suspect it's too "big" for Open Night. Maybe it should get its own podcast..?

I'm also curious what do you guys think of ships in SG-1 and SGA ("ships" in the sense of romantic relationships shown on-screen)?
            And what is your opinion on shipper wars? Or the general fan wars for that matter.

Sorry if it was covered already, I haven't yet listened to all the podcasts.
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

first of all, when a new podcast is out it really makes my day. love hearing what about guys have to say.

well i was wondering what do guys think about the show Surface and invasion??
              i thought they where really great. but i get soo pissed of when they cancel a show.. just leaving it undone.
              now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

I've been catching up on podcasts as I got a bit behind during exams and this past term. I was listening to Episode # 34 - the main discussion on "are replicators alive"...

Just a question: it's mentioned during the main discussion that the Asurans create a thing of beauty with their city, and it marks them as a more sentient race as they develop their own society. My question is this: isn't their entire society, city, et cetera, based on the Ancients? Isn't everything they are modeled off their creators? So how can they be considered as "creating" it?

Comment

Hey Darren, David and Tame,

Answering this weeks listener question

Question about fanfics: I like reading fanfic b/c it sometimes gives us a darker look (by darker I mean things they can't put on a family show) at charters we all know so well, do you read fanfic? And if so what sort and why do you like it?

Thanks.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hey Darren, David etc..
                    I love the podcast. I especially liked "perceptions of sci-fi fans" and your season commentaries - when will you be doing season 4?

Open night question:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but what aliens races would you like to see crop up in Stargate Universe?

A picture was recently released by David Blue showing part of the Universe gate - what do you make of it? It looks like a cross between the Milky Way gate and Pegasus gate, but it doesn't seem to have any glyphs on it.
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

On closer inspection, I believe the photo is of the back side of the Atlantis gate. The chevron is very blue, and the Atlantis gateroom observation deck can be seen in the background ...
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

i would just like to say wow to the ascension podcast. i'll admit i had no interest in the topic being discussed on the podcast. but yesterday i listened to it anyway and i have to admit you really blew me and my GF away. i was expecting and i'll be honest a boring discussion . but with me and her being catholic and believing in a better place after we die. you really hit a great balance .

podcast 41 is definitely a kepper thank you both
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Episode #42 is now available!

Darren and David are kicking back this week for another Open Line Night, where we have no topic in particular to discuss — so we talk about whatever you ask! This go-round the guys are joined by GateWorld Forum’s Tame Farrar. We’ll talk about romance on Stargate, naquadria, Stargate Infinity, fan fiction, and whatever else is on listeners’ minds.

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest news from the Stargate universe

GateWorld Features! What's new on the site?

Interview Preview! Catch an exclusive preview of our upcoming video interview with Joe Flanigan

Listener Feedback!

Next Week's Listener Question: Do you read spoilers? Do you like spoilers? How do you think the existence of Internet spoilers has impacted your favorite shows and your enjoyment of them?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything Stargate-related you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the podcast!
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Great Podcast, I really enjoyed this one and the variety of subjects you discussed.
                            I always seem to love the ones where Tame shows up!
                            (and the little snippet of Joe Flanigan didn't hurt either)
                            Re Spoilers, I wish I didn't want to look at them, but I can't help myself and read any that I can find.
                            When Altantis was airing I had a terrible habit. I live in California and found myself reading the comments on the episode thread from people on the east coast before seeing it myself.
                            I found I never enjoyed the episodes as much when I did this and so tried (not always successfully) to stop myself from peeking.
                            And it honestly helped my enjoyment of the episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

Lythisrose...the payment is in the mail

I truly enjoyed this podcast as well and I seem to listen to the ones I do faster then the others... conceited much Tame LOLOLOL

Thank you again to Darren and David for allowing me to participate I had a BLAST!!

and David...it is never a good thing to leave a candle burning when you aren't home

and YES..all you non-listeners...Damn you to hell .... j/k
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I like spoilers. Alot. I like to get a heads up on what's in an episode, and it makes me more excited to see an it. I can read the description of a particular episode on wikipedia, and still enjoy said show.
                                Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X