Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely say that being a sci-fi fan, a Stargate fan in particular, makes me the odd one out at school. Literally not one of my friends likes a sci-fi show. If i say Stargate is my favourite show the response i usually get from them is "is that the show where that big guy has a golden symbol thing on his head?"
    I don't really get made fun of for being a sci-fi fan, but most people do see it as "uncool", since today most my friends tend to watch teen dramas like 'skins' or '90210'. And if someone that i know does watch sci-fi, it's usually Star Trek. Stargate unfortunately, isn't too big here in Scotland.
    "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
    O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
    Woolsey: What does that mean?
    O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Hi all

In response to the listener question, I feel that being a Sci Fi fan, people generally think about low budget B-movies or early 1960's rubber face prosthetics. They also think of the rather extreme elements of fandom. Recently, I discussed this with some "non" SciFi fans and told them a few stories, briefly mentioning the works of Kage Baker and John Scalzi. Interest piqued, my buddies devoured a couple of their books....reversing their limited view of what a SciFi fan may be. The broader question is perhaps to what degree we classify ourselves as SciFi fans. If you look at the writing staff/ production crew and cast, they all have several strings to their "professional bows" and are not "just" SciFi people.

Any-hoo that's my 10cents worth...Lovin' the podcasts! Keep up the good work guys!

S'n'T
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

I finally got a chance to listen to the podcast and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out because I was wondering at the time how it would sound with all the background noise and interruptions but it was pretty much a non-issue.

Thanks again to Darren and David for letting us be involved, it was great fun!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
          I finally got a chance to listen to the podcast and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out because I was wondering at the time how it would sound with all the background noise and interruptions but it was pretty much a non-issue.

Thanks again to Darren and David for letting us be involved, it was great fun!
          maybe you,tame and kiwi can have a mod podcast. tell us how you really feel about us forum members
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            maybe you,tame and kiwi can have a mod podcast. tell us how you really feel about us forum members
            How we REALLY feel? We wuvs you all of course.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

MODCAST! Run for you liiiives!
              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 11 April 2009, 07:38 PM. Reason: stupid de-capslocker

Comment

I so want to do a Forum Podcast .... or something of that nature ...How fun would that be
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                  I so want to do a Forum Podcast .... or something of that nature ...How fun would that be
                  5 hours of the mods venting about the forum ...yup really fun

Comment

But it could be 5 hours of why I am so awesome. I know that is what you think about Tame. My awesomeness.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

We just recorded this week's podcast with Tame, and offered her her own spin-off: The Tame Farrar Show.

Now you all just need to talk her into doing it. I'm envisioning Tame, by herself, talking for an hour. No special guests, no clips, no topics. Just all Tame, all the time.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        We just recorded this week's podcast with Tame, and offered her her own spin-off: The Tame Farrar Show.

Now you all just need to talk her into doing it. I'm envisioning Tame, by herself, talking for an hour. No special guests, no clips, no topics. Just all Tame, all the time.
                        noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but that

david's lurking he'll save us

Comment

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but that
                          I hope this podcast spin off comes with some complimentary asprin because we are going to need it.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

You think that is what we would do ??? No WAY!!! there are way too many cool people on this Forum for it to be something like that

Wouldn't you want to know about *other* areas of the Forum...A *Featured Folder* or Thread
                            Or I could just talk and and talk...and talk...and talk
                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            But it could be 5 hours of why I am so awesome. I know that is what you think about Tame. My awesomeness.
                            WOW....Jel... I am so impressed ..you picked the very thing I would never have thought of
                            Originally posted by Darren View Post

Oh yeah....great.... way to sell it Darren....
                            I think even the Hubs would have to say no to that subscription

Tame's daily twitter comes to a Podcast near you....

...incoming message..Hey today I washed all the laundry YAY me
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              You think that is what we would do ??? No WAY!!! there are way too many cool people on this Forum for it to be something like that
                              to bad my flame burned out a long time ago

Comment

to bad my flame burned out a long time ago
                                as long as you have an ember...a flame can be built

its all in your own personal perceptions

And coincidentally...be sure to tune in to this upcoming Podcast ..part 2 of Perceptions of Sci Fi fans....and how you too can be uplifted

Sci Fi fans are the best

Comment

Working...
                                X