This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, for me, Grodin as well!

That guy had such a lovely accent, it was pleasant to listen to his voice!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Oh, for me, Grodin as well!

That guy had such a lovely accent, it was pleasant to listen to his voice!

I hated his accent, everyone assumes that everyone in england has a very posh accent and they're many accents. He didn't even do a posh accent well.

As for characters that got killed off too soon how about Kawalsky and Lt. Elliot?
      Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 23 October 2008, 07:27 AM.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Uhhhh.... People were we not just talking all about Paul this week??? Carson. There is one Scottish Doctor who never should have left. This weeks episode reminded me of everything we are missing. The Beckett/Mckay banter had me grinning the entire time. I laughed when Mckay goes "Well you're going to have to cover me" and Beckett says "Right" Then "From which direction?" Priceless.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Darren and David,

I just started listening to the GW Podcast's (I know I'm slow but I was worried about spoilers) and I loved it! I've only listened to the first one so far, but I've just subscribed on iTunes so I've got lost of listening to do LOL.
          Thank you both so much for taking the time to do this.

Also, I hope I'm posting this in the right thread, I don't venture much outside of Samanda and the GABIT Attendee threads LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hello! I have recently discovered the Gateworld podcast and I anticipate
            every new episode each week. I enjoy your thoughts and opinions on all of the plotlines, characters and everything in between. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do to entertain us!

As for who I think was killed off to quickly...
            Grodin, he was more involved in the show than Chuck.
            and Janet Fraiser, she is the best doctor in the series!
            sigpic

Comment

For the podcast:

For me the two characters that went away too soon and improperly were Jonas Quinn and Lt. Ford. There was no good reason for Jonas for Jonas to leave Earth. It would have made more sense to say that he would stay at the SGC as Daniels research partner. That way fans would know that he was still around and ready to go off world with the team now and again. The chemistry with Daniel was excellent.

Lt. Ford had great potential but we never saw any personal story for him. I didn't mind him becomming a bad guy but he was not used enough even then and now I just wish they'd give him a proper ending. Perhaps in the upcoming movie.

However, the one I miss the most is Jack O'Neill since the show was never the same without him. I knew it would be different but without his natural timeing and realistic reactions the show lost a lot of heart and spirit. When RDA was available during the 10th season his appearances were mostly wasted(other than The Shroud and The Return Pt 2). There were new relationships(Vala and Cam) that could have been explored, some comment on where he is now as well as the confirmation we've all been waiting for between he and Carter. I pray he's the center of the next movie the way we've been promised. Difinitive answers are LONG over due.

Hey Darren, I noticed you stole my comment about Family Ties but didn't use my letter Thanks a lot pal Feel free to use any and all my letter above for the podcast. Especially the Jack O'Neill part since TPTB may be listening
              Thanks,
              Last edited by Mac Jackson; 29 October 2008, 05:10 AM. Reason: added/expanded thought
              Mac Jackson
              Singer/Songwriter of
              "Harmony Constant"
              [email protected]
              myspace.com/harmonyconstant
              youtube.com/MacWJack
              Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
              http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                [SIZE="4"]

Listener Question: Clips shows like this Friday's episode "Inquisition" often get a bad rap, but Stargate usually does them rather well. Which clips show from the history of SG-1 or Atlantis has been your favorite, and why do you like it?
                My favorite Stargate clips show was most definitely Citizen Joe. The reason I liked it was that it was so unique. Most of the other clips shows have been characters sitting around talking about things that happened in the past, but Citizen Joe shows a brand new character reacting to things as they happened on the show in much the same way we reacted to them as the audience. We could sympathize with Joe and his reactions.
                ~Melanie

sigpic

Comment

I hope I am not too late

Especially after watching and enjoying Season 5 I would have to to cast my vote for Inauguration. Woosley goes from a pain in the mikta in Heroes to a honest man in Inauguration. It shows him a new light that IMO that audience members can relate to. We all know people who come off as a bad person but are only trying to do the right thing.

Its an old one but I thought Martouf was killed off way too early. When I say Martouf I mean the one who was killed by the Zatarc.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

From the clip shows, Citizen Joe is definitely my favourite. I liked how they integrated the clips into the storyline in such a way that it didn't seem stilted. I often find that clip-shows can feel awkward if they aren't done quite right, like the episode was only done to recap old stories.
                    I just re-watched Out of Mind and even though I enjoyed the episode, I felt like many of the clips were just thrown into the stream of the episode. Also, I found Joe quite funny; I love the part where he's meeting SG1 and they have no idea who he is, but Jack keeps saying "he's a barber". Especially the bit about Jack's house and how people keep breaking in because Jack hasn't locked his front door.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      Listener Question: Clips shows like this Friday's episode "Inquisition" often get a bad rap, but Stargate usually does them rather well. Which clips show from the history of SG-1 or Atlantis has been your favorite, and why do you like it?
                      So far Inquisition has been my favorite clip show.
                      I have a new found respect for Mr. Richard Woolsey!
                      sigpic

Comment

Episode #16 is now available!

Stargate Atlantis reflects on its history in a clips show, "Inquisition." In this week's podcast GateWorld's editors talk about the episode, what we really liked about it, and how we think it might have been improved as a dramatic hour. We'll talk about the new coalition of planets and their charges against Atlantis, Woolsey's coming to the rescue, and more.

Also this week:

Preview! Podcast listeners get an exclusive preview of this week's interview with Stargate SG-1 make-up artist Jan Newman.

News! Breaking news from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions on clip shows.

Listener Question: It's natural for a show to write out characters and sometimes kill them off, and Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis have lost their share of beloved characters over the years. Which character do you still mourn the loss of -- not necessarily because you were sad to see them go, but because you think they left too soon?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

General Jack O'Neill, because he bought humor to the show and I loved it. He was always making me laugh. Even though it was RDA's choice to leave the show and not the producers, it has make the show since then lack a certain comedic thing to it. In every episode he guest stars in is always better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok my list of characters

*Senator Kinsey
                            *Col. Frank Simmons
                            *Maybourne
                            *Grodin
                            *Halling

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Jackson View Post
                              For the podcast:

For me the two characters that went away too soon and improperly were Jonas Quinn and Lt. Ford. There was no good reason for Jonas for Jonas to leave Earth. It would have made more sense to say that he would stay at the SGC as Daniels research partner. That way fans would know that he was still around and ready to go off world with the team now and again. The chemistry with Daniel was excellent.

Lt. Ford had great potential but we never saw any personal story for him. I didn't mind him becomming a bad guy but he was not used enough even then and now I just wish they'd give him a proper ending. Perhaps in the upcoming movie.

However, the one I miss the most is Jack O'Neill since the show was never the same without him. I knew it would be different but without his natural timeing and realistic reactions the show lost a lot of heart and spirit. When RDA was available during the 10th season his appearances were mostly wasted(other than The Shroud and The Return Pt 2). There were new relationships(Vala and Cam) that could have been explored, some comment on where he is now as well as the confirmation we've all been waiting for between he and Carter. I pray he's the center of the next movie the way we've been promised. Difinitive answers are LONG over due.

Hey Darren, I noticed you stole my comment about Family Ties but didn't use my letter Thanks a lot pal Feel free to use any and all my letter above for the podcast. Especially the Jack O'Neill part since TPTB may be listening
                              Thanks,
                              PS- I agreed with both of your thoughts about last weeks episode. I was pretty disappointed.
                              Mac Jackson
                              Singer/Songwriter of
                              "Harmony Constant"
                              [email protected]
                              myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                              youtube.com/MacWJack
                              Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                              http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

We've seen two reviews of the GateWorld Podcast this week!

Daniel and Sue at That Podcast Show included us in their audio review of podcasts (the first of three in Episode #52).

And there's a review of the podcast in Issue #19 of SciFi Now magazine (Watchmen on the cover).
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X