This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode #13 is now available!

The GateWorld Podcast returns this week with "First Contact," the first half of Stargate Atlantis's fifth and final season! Darren and David discuss the new episode, Daniel Jackson's big arrival, the new alien race introduced in the episode, and some important questions about the Wraith's identity and future.

Also this week:

News! Breaking news from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Preview! Podcast listeners get an exclusive preview of this week's new interview with Tony Amendola ("Bra'tac").

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions on cross-over episodes.

Listener Question: Watch "The Lost Tribe" this Friday night, and then call the GateWorld Podcast Hotline and tell us what you think of the new bad guys' secret identity. Is it a good move to bring in this race, or not?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi All!!

Darren and David, many thanks for your kind mention of my suggestion in Episode #11... As we here in Europe are a couple of weeks behind, I am listening to the podcasts in order...The Queen just aired here on Tuesday night. I got a text from my good buddy (and fellow GateWorlder) Rak'nor to say I had been mentioned!! *bows deeply* Many thanks for taking the suggestion on board! I finally got to listen to it today!

What's even more bizarre is that I find myself actually saying the EXACT same comments you guys make...EG: I cited "Face of the Enemy" to Rak'nor when talking about The Queen, and whadda-you-know, you guys quote same!!! Also, with regard to the SGA Cancellation, I also felt that the SGA bond is very different and less "family" than SG1...something you mentioned in a podcast a little back there.

Keep up the good work!! Bummer that you can't get numbers on the uploads.. I would reckon you would be amazed who and where this podcast is listened to..

Keep up the insightful comment!!

Best to all

Shirt'n'Tie
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Love your podcasts, I listen every week. Keep up the good work, guys!
        sigpic

Comment

i have a painful idea

you could make the post you always do for every podcast but attach the mp3 to your post (using the forum built in attach system) and direct the folks to the main site to that post and if a user downloads the file it tells you in your attachment menu how many people have downloaded it.

hope thsi makes sense

now i'm not sure if people need a membership on the forum to download but it's at teast something
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Not sure of this is the place, but it does say feedback on the title so here goes.

In the last part where you talk about the listeners mail. You received a e-mail from "Teachergal" in which she talks about the fact that Rodney is sometimes portrayed as a goofball with a gun and sometimes a full fledged pro.

And where you responded to that, that you could not think of an episode in which Rodney was handeling a P90 with precision. Well, i am working on a project in which involves alot of Mckay action. And when you watch Kindred II you will see Rodney handeling a P90 with deadly care. so there. Rodney can shoot without looking like a goofball and there are also some other scenes in which rodney shoots pretty good.

Mckeller music videos and Captation Archive
            Spoiler:

Comment

i reckon after the 100th podcast im gonna have to make a compilation of all the begining lines. love this weeks one about the zat. good job guys.
              sigpic
              The 11th Doctor. Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Comment

First off, I just want to say thank you for doing such a great job with the podcast. I've been listening since the first one and now it's one of the highlights of my week. I love listening to you guys talk about the new episodes and updates on the franchise and all the people involved.

Second, I wanted to quickly address the new listener question (if this is allowed in this feedback forum): I have only watched SGA, with very little background in SG-1. I know of the Asgard through the limited interaction we had with them on board the Daedalus in the earlier seasons and through random episodes of SG-1 that I caught in the past. So the revelation of this new race did not hold for me the same impact as, I expect, veteran fans of the Stargate franchise. "The Lost Tribe," to be honest, had been slightly anti-climatic. Despite a strong lead-in "First Contact," the big twist fell short to someone who lacked the history with the Asgard and Daniel Jackson. I am not particularly keen on seeing more of this "new" old race in the future because I really want Atlantis to do more than recycle the plot points of its predecessor. I watch Atlantis for its own right; I think the show is strong enough to cast off the shadow of SG-1.

Comment

Hey Guys, As always, thanks for makeing me part of your podcast. In response to this weeks listener question:

I'm proud to see another excellent crossover episode. Not only do we get to see more of the Mckay-Daniel dynamic but we also get a great, much needed new villian in the asgard. Since their quick and rushed demise in our gallaxy they have been missed. It's great to see these once powerful allies become the villians and raise such intriguing, intellectual questions. I hope we get to see them in the upcoming Atlantis movies. Just another example of why Atlantis should not have been canceled.

Just another thought along those lines: It would be great to see the good Asgard came back to fight the bad group. Perhaps they faked their death to see how we would handle the tech that they gave us. Just a thought since I always felt gypped by the fact that TPTB never showed Thor say goodbye to Jack before he died. Oh Well, I guess I'll just have to add it to my list of things I hope to have addressed in future movies.
                  Thanks as always
                  Mac Jackson
                  Singer/Songwriter of
                  "Harmony Constant"
                  [email protected]
                  myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                  youtube.com/MacWJack
                  Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Thanks for answering the listener question, wintering and Mac! Just so you don't wonder why they aren't included in this week's podcast, David and I record on Sunday nights. But your comments and feedback are always very much appreciated!

Comment

LOL. No problem Darren. I appreciate you thinking of me. I'll make sure to add my thoughts sooner next time. I always look forward to hear what you guys think of my 2 cents. Thanks for giving me an outlet to share my thoughts. I'm proud to help in anyway I can.
                      Until the next podcast,
                      Mac Jackson
                      Singer/Songwriter of
                      "Harmony Constant"
                      [email protected]
                      youtube.com/MacWJack

Comment

I'll definitely have to reply to the listener question earlier in the future. I'm excited for the new podcast! I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about The Lost Tribe.

Comment

Episode #14 is now available!

In this week's installment of the GateWorld Podcast, Darren and David discuss "The Lost Tribe," the second part of Stargate Atlantis's mid-season two-parter. We'll talk about the shocking return of a familiar alien race, the Travelers, Todd's betrayal, and the rest of the episode.

Also this week:

Preview! Podcast listeners get an exclusive preview of this week's long-awaited interview with Corin Nemec ("Jonas Quinn").

News! Breaking news from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions on cross-over episodes.

Listener Question: As Atlantis heads into its final run of episodes, what do you think of the Wraith? Do they still make you tremble in your boots, or are they just not scary?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!

Comment

Hey Guys, I have yet to hear the new podcast (tonight I hope) but I wanted to reply to the listener question.

I haven't thought of the Wraith as "Scary" since the first season. I enjoy the idea that they are ravenous creatures that have no soul. I think the more personality and brains you give the Wraith the more they look human and therefore less threatening. I understand that there needs to be an explination to their technoligy but I think it would have been better to have had them be lead by a different, more manipulitive race thereby adding more villians to the show and leaving the Wraith a race of heartless predators.

Thanks as always
                            Mac Jackson
                            Singer/Songwriter of
                            "Harmony Constant"
                            [email protected]
                            youtube.com/MacWJack

Comment

Corin was your most requested interview? What about RDA? I would have thought he would have been more requested.
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Im posting feed back for you number 9 podcast i just what to say after replaying the podvast that i was 13 when i start to like stargate and maybe if the put stargate and not just scifi ever friday but on nbc or something like that the younger people will se it i saw my first stargate atlantis show on upn 50 in chicago ever since i buy the episode from amzon each week becuse we don`t have cable or dish.

Comment

Working...
                                X