Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started my stargate rewatch today and went to the gateworld to see if there are any new podcasts. I'm really missing it. It was nice to listen to people who think similiary as me, and not just about stargate (especially about stargate) but anything, from scifi to other stuff you talked about,... What I'm trying to say is that I think that there are still people who would love to listen to the podcast. And I don't think the theme necessarily needs to be about stargate (like the last podcasts). I would love to see more of them. But I understand if there are reasons that there can be no more gateworld podcast. It's just that I miss stargate and podcasts were kinda a reminder of the time stargate was still alive. But well I guess everything has to end someday.
    Today, it is difficult to be a jerk. Competition is too big!

Comment

I started these last summer and finally worked my way through all of them, they were awesome. Thanks for all the hard work that went into making them.

Comment

I love the podcasts too. Have listened to them many times. Miss them, new ones - and miss Stargate (just rewatched Atlantis),

Comment

Any chance of a podcast discussing new movie announcement? Would love to hear your thoughts :-D

Comment

Amazingly I was thinking the same thing when I heard the announcement.

Comment

Podcast should be coming shortly. Maybe this week.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                Podcast should be coming shortly. Maybe this week.
                Hurrah!
                Can't wait

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

i don't to listen to the podcast. i don't want to hear how excited the podcasters are... out with the old, in with the new.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Sally, trupi commands you to listen, some answers to question will be answered
                      sigpic

Comment

finally a new podcast! the second i got the tweet that there was a new GateWorld cast i went to my podcast app and started the download and listened to it!

so nice to hear your voices again even tho over the past couple of months i have been re-listening to all your old casts several times its great to get new content!

really hope that you guys will be continuing the podcast once or twice a month as i have been really missing my GateWorld casts! remember that just because its a GateWorld podcast doesn't mean that 100% of it must be about Stargate, i for one would be more than willing to hear you talk about anything sci-fi related with relevant sprinkles of Stargate news and updated thoughts exc.

Hope you all are doing well and that the cast will be around!
                        thanks for all your time and effort you put towards both the website and podcast, its really appreciated
                        -Paint

Comment

Hi!

I'm a huge fan of the podcast and would really appreciate some new episodes . However, I always like to go back and listen to the old ones. But recently they don't work anymore. It gives me page-not-found errors. Is it just me or is that a general issue? Does anyone know when the podcast is gonna work again?

Hope for your answers soon

Comment

Hi and welcome! Thanks for the info.

Some of the podcast links don't work for me either,so I've referred this to Darren so he and our SysAdmin can check it all out.

All should be back to normal soon!
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Ahh today it works again and there's even a new episode, great!

Comment

Just listened to the new podcast - great to hear you guys again! (And yeah, would've been great to hear Darren's thoughts!).

I'm not sure if or when I'll get to see Dark Matter (New Zealand TV being random at the best of times!), but will definitely keep an eye out.

Three sci-fi things that have recently caught my attention -
                                1. "The Martian" - loved the book, am cautiously optimistic about the movie
                                2. Hugh Howey's novels - I found fascinating, if a little inconsistent (some parts failed to hold my full attention).
                                3. Ex Machina - the movie, watched it on the plane from Singapore a couple of weeks back, knew absolutely nothing about it, it blew my mind! I had no idea where the plot was going to end (which is incredibly rare for me), the special effects were completely believable (well, on the airplane screen of an A380!), and it was psychologically torturous.

Would be curious to hear any discussion.
                                Also, random thing, but you might want to put a boiler plate "coming soon" page up on that new domain, it's offputting to go look at it and see some crappy sales related holder page...

Looking forward to future discussions! :-D

(PS, Hi Baggy!)

Comment

Working...
                                X