This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    It's strange. It never used to do it for me, and only has done for the last two podcasts...
    Did you get it eventually, though?
    Maybe it behaves like that when/if many downloads at the same time...
    If it still acts us, maybe you should ask Darren/Darren should have a look at it...

Great podcast btw - but @David sound a bit pensive. Or tired? He/you spoke much slower than normally, maybe a bit distracted? Or is it the heat in Arizona? Anyhow, it was great to have you back and I'm looking forward to next podcast, as always

Comment

Originally posted by daxmaryrussel View Post
      Did you get it eventually, though?
      Na, I just gave up after the third or fourth time.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        Na, I just gave up after the third or fourth time.
        try again later, well worth it...

Comment

Finally got up the courage to listen to 'Gauntlet" podcast, great job guys! Listened to it on a long walk, so I could be alone if I cried, but happily I didn't. Must be making progress, a grown woman so upset by a tv show! Sad but true!

Now looking forward to the next one sitting there on my Ipod, maybe a long drive this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Could we get an update on the podcast schedule?

Comment

Our show on "SGU Deconstructed" should be up this week. After that, we'll probably do one or two shows per month. The next one hasn't been scheduled, so probably watch for it in October.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Now Available:
                SGU Deconstructed (#129)

After more than two years of podcasting on Stargate Universe, we're ready to put the series to bed with a final wrap-up discussion of SGU as a whole. Joining Darren and David for "SGU Deconstructed" is our friend Diana Botsford, author of the Stargate SG-1 novel Four Dragons (and its upcoming sequel, The Drift) and Assistant Professor at Missouri State University, where she teaches on screenwriting.

On this installment of the GateWorld Podcast we'll talk about the visual beauty of the show, arc-based storytelling and the show's slow start in Season One, and the likability of the characters. We'll also compare SGU to its Stargate predecessors, talk about romance and sexuality on the show, cliffhangers and scheduling, and a whole lot more.

Call the Podcast Hotline! Our next show will be an Open Line Night, where Darren and David will talk about whatever is on your mind -- be it related to Stargate's past, future, or something else in science fiction.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...deconstructed/
                Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-09-26.mp3
                Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the GateWorld Podcast Hotline and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night).

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

To my pleasant surprise i have just noticed that you have released a new podcast today. Thanks for your efforts, and im listening to your thoughts now.
                  Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                  Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Me too. Like it! A lot! (a few somewhat long pauses - guess it's time lag and not that you have to think so long before you speak )

Comment

If you guys are running low on podcast ideas I think that it would be great to have a “The Science of SGU (Part 3)” podcast and get Diane Turnshek back and go over the science of the show now that it’s over.

Comment

I thought the podcast was very balanced with loads of viewpoints mentioned, even negative ones. Interesting to hear Diane talk about how a story is built up in sections.

End music was beautiful … and great it was a bit longer than usual so as to make us ponder a bit. Well edited David.

I will listen to it again for sure (I’m an addict you know

(also I like the voice messages from fan but downside is the quality can sometimes be a bit bad – being over the phone as it is, it sort of stops my hearing flow [ha there's a new concept for you ])

If you need more ideas – why not a very geeky quibble podcast with quibbles from all series. Or will that be too much nitpicking maybe…

Comment

Originally posted by PaintPauller View Post
                          If you guys are running low on podcast ideas I think that it would be great to have a “The Science of SGU (Part 3)” podcast and get Diane Turnshek back and go over the science of the show now that it’s over.
                          We're definitely planning on having Diane back for another exciting installment

Just waiting for her schedule to mesh with ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Now Available:
                            SGU Deconstructed (#129)

After more than two years of podcasting on Stargate Universe, we're ready to put the series to bed with a final wrap-up discussion of SGU as a whole.

<snip>

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
                            Re the above, this is the first podcast I've listened to. It was very interesting from a fan perspective. I have to state a few biases though - I was a big fan of SG-1 and SGA, and was upset when the latter was cancelled for SGU. I'd heard a lot of bad stuff about it on the net, so didn't get around to watching it until fairly late. I was expecting it to suck, and only rented it for the SG-1 stuff.

Your comments about the changing viewing habits seem especially apt. I don't count anyway, given that I'm overseas, but even when it aired here I didn't bother to watch it. This isn't a stinging blow for SGU, it's just that it's easier to watch stuff on DVD. It's how I watched SG-1 when they moved it to a later timeslot, and how I watched SGA as a whole. It's unfair, but this sort of stuff doesn't count in terms of ratings.

I also found the criticism of Lt Scott odd. I get it, it's a family show. But having sex with James in the pilot says as much about her as it does about him, yet why is he singled out? She had a dream that involved killing him!! And frankly, two girls in one year (esp one in a committed relationship!) doesn't scream man whore to me. I understand that some people would've liked things to be drawn out over three or four years in a will they/ won't they situation, but SG has done that before and it ended up pissing off a lot of people. In real life, you **** or get off the pot. You don't continue to pine over someone when you can't have them, that shows a fundamental weakness in a character that we are meant to look up to.

Perhaps as a DVD viewer, the slowness issue in the first season wasn't such a big deal for me, as I wasn't waiting a week for the next ep. It's hard to say after the fact with any real conviction. I didn't find the first season to be especially slow, but the four halves of SGU comments seem pretty accurate.

I could write an essay on the differences between the shows, and the reasons for SGU's demise, but instead I think it's worth echoing what was said about BW. Whatever disagreements I may have re direction, he is an exceptional writer, and I'm thankful for the years of entertainment he has given me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to thank Darren and David for their very fun and extremely entertaining podcasts. I have been downloading them for my runs and it's helped the time go a lot faster. I've been doing Stargate SG1 History and it's just been great!!

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, Ilana!

We recorded #130 a few days ago, and hopefully it'll be along before October is done.

Comment

Working...
                                X