Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I was really glad to hear the podcast again. I've missed it. Looking forward to more.

This is the Sean from Ohio that has left messages on the "hotline" several times in the past. Could've sworn I had an account here. Guess I didn't. Figured I'd use my real name, since that's what I always call in with. Silly to try to be anonymous one way but not another.

Comment

Originally posted by Insight View Post
      Awesome podcast guys! Well worth the wait.
      indeed.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Thanks, everyone! Glad you enjoyed this one. It was hella long, but hopefully we covered a very important episode from top to bottom.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Darren, do y'all plan releasing new podcasts more often to catch up from the break? I would love to see the podcasts catch up with the rewatch.

Comment

Ok, just got around to listening to the podcast, Congratulations David on a great cut for the first?? time, especially the ending musical overlay. One thing I would like to comment on (and at first I thought it was a recording artifact, but wasn't sure) is the actual sound and tenor of your respective voices in this podcast. It is bleeding obvious (to me) how "down" you both sounded during it (David more than Darren). As such I just wanted to say thanks for the PodCast, I don't always agree with some (ok, alot ) of what you say but I do apreciate the time and energy you put into them.

Thank you
            Gatefan 1976

(bleach, I'm going soft )
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Double post
              Last edited by Gatefan1976; 14 August 2011, 04:42 PM. Reason: errr..... :P
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Looking forward to listening! I've missed you guys!

Gatefan - I believe David did the editing on most of the podcasts, it's only recently someone else took over. Bummer about the delay, but life can catch you out sometimes!

Comment

Better late than never is the saying. I'm glad that you found a way to finally get the latest podcast edited and out for all of use to listen to. Like the others have said the ending with that piano score was just spot on. Every time I hear that piece of music I get a bit sad knowing that Stargate itself has been put into an Ancient Stasis Pod, to be woken up one day in the future.
                  "Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties.
                  Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!."

Comment

It was a good final episode podcast. Usually when I see that the length of the podcast is longer than 1h10m, I groan a little. But this one was over and done before I even noticed how much time had passed.

One thing I want to highlight about it is how much more on-the-ball D&D were than they/you had been in the other podcasts since the cancellation. Listening to those previous installments, it was pretty obvious (at least to me) how deflated you were over the whole thing. That translated into your discussions at some level and made the podcast a little harder to get through. But with this one, the two of you seemed to be back to your old selves again and I really enjoyed it.

It's too bad you've lost Russell (I'm assuming that's the editor who isn't going to be doing it anymore). I imagine that'll delay future podcasts as well, but hopefully not for as long as it took this one to get out!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thanks for the podcast David and Darren - it was a great one and well worth the wait
                      sigpic

Comment

Boy, have I been away!

Thank you guys so much for your comments, the positive and the negative. I'm sorry it took as long as it did to edit. Editing this show is extraordinarily time intensive and Russell did a great job, but things happen in life and for now it's time that I jump back into doing it. Darren's right, the podcast was a helluva long show, but look at it this way -- we were gone a helluva long while so this episode's length on a certain level was necessary and expected.

Turnaround time for podcasts should return to normal now, knock on wood. Now that my job at eBay is settling into a rhythm (not to mention three days off in a row per week) there should be no problem.

Comment

That's what I like to hear.

We do plan to get back into a regular routine, though as I stated in the show notes for this latest podcast, it won't be weekly. And there's no "catching up" with the Rewatch -- we've already published shows dedicated to every season of the shows, which is the Podcast's main tie-in with the Rewatch. We'll have other things to talk about when we record new episodes.

We're also doing two episode commentaries per month now, which is tied to the Rewatch schedule but is also stand-alone from the GW Podcast.

Comment

Sounds good, guys
                            I'm looking forward to it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Well! Ive been away from my PC for a couple of weeks. Just logged on here, and to my great surprise the pod cast has been released! Going to listen to it now, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
                              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Happy Friday, all!

We recorded show #128 (SGU Season Two recap) last night, and David is busy editing today. I'm hoping we'll have it ready for you by Monday or so [[knock on wood]].

Comment

Working...
                                X