Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for useing my comments in your podcast guys. I love to write and I'm proud to contribute to any aspact of Stargate I can.
    My thoughts on The Queen: I wasn't all that thrilled about it. I didn't feel any fear for Tayla like I should have. I think the fact that we're seeing too much personality coming from Todd hurts the Wraith. They seem to be too human nowadays. They were first shown as rabid bug type creatures that just wanted to feed. Now a days they are developing tech and plotting against each other. They are just too human now for my taste. It would be great if they used other bad guys from previous episodes...besides the Geni.

As Far as Dr. Keller: I didn't think I'd like her when I first saw her and resented that she was replaceing our Dr. Beckett. However she has since grown on me. Instead of her staying the wimpy cliche' girl character she has since proven to be much more diverse and not cliche' at all. She has limits and faults but is also stong when she needs to be. I love that she doesn't take any crap from Ronan or McKay. As for the ship aspects of her character: I really like it. I like that she only had a "moment" with Ronan and is persueing McKay. I think she's good for him and is taking the lead to show him it's ok to open up. She may not be Carson but she holds her own well.

I also wanted to ask David what reason you saw for making Vala part of SG-1. I always thought she was crammed on the show and got away with way too much then suddenly put on the #1 elite team, after being a giant pain,bringing a bad rep to SG-1 throughout the galaxy and then being compramised due to amnesia, without proving what she could bring to the team other that the fact that here Daughter is an Ori. If it was just for intel then once the Ori was defeated she has no reason to be on the team if she ever did. I'm not picking on her(though I never liked the character) I'm just looking for understanding.
    Thanks,
    Mac Jackson
    Singer/Songwriter of
    "Harmony Constant"
    [email protected]
    myspace.com/harmonyconstant
    youtube.com/MacWJack
    Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

For your October 7th podcast, I suggest that you talk about the character of Samantha Carter (her own evolution, and Amanda's self into the character over the years), in celebration of the premier of Amanda Tapping's new series, Sanctuary.

Comment

In regards to podcast #11, I interpreted Teyla's order to shoot down the rival hive ship much differently.

There was something much deeper going on than Teyla trying to prove her power as the new Queen or being influenced by the Wraith DNA. From Todd and the other Wraith's reaction, no Wraith Queen would sacrifice her own hive in such a circumstance. They all knew they had no chance of winning the battle. Upon seeing the other hive, she finally seems to overcome her shock at the situation Todd has placed her in and realizes the extent of the opportunity she's been given. Up to this point, she was basically his puppet. Teyla takes full advantage of the chance to wipe out as many Wraith as possible, from both the rival ship and her own, and in the process saving the world they were about to cull.

Teyla may not show her hatred of the Wraith as overtly as Ronon, but expresses it in more subtle ways. Her actions in this scene and throughout the episode were always for the benefit of the humans and in keeping with her core beliefs towards the Wraith.

Comment

if you went 10 years in the future did you happen to notice if i got married???
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Sorry I havn't responded recently! Been a bit busy.

Response to listener question:

While I absolutely LOVE Jewel from Firefly and Serenity, I've never liked Dr. Keller. I haven't found her character to be very realistic. At first I thought maybe it was pre-prejudice like what I felt for Jonas Quinn when Daniel was gone, but I quickly got over that and liked Jonas! So I gave Dr. Keller some time and tried to like her. But I don't connect with her at all. She's not a character that I would hate to see go. Sorry Jewel! I don't know wether its her fault or not (Based on her acting in Firefly and Serenity I would say NOT) but I don't care for Keller.
            sigpic

Comment

Episode #12 is now available!

This week we are up to "Tracker," the ninth episode of Stargate Atlantis Season Five. Darren and David discuss the new episode, Ronon and McKay, and the growth of Dr. Jennifer Keller.

In a special segment, we'll also run down all six main characters listed in last week's Stargate Universe casting notice. We'll give our opinions on everyone from Colonel Young to Ron "Psycho" Stasiak, and speculate on the overall cast of characters that is currently being put together.

Also this week:

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Preview! Podcast listeners get an exclusive preview of our upcoming interview with Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson"), who appears on Stargate Atlantis this week.

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions on Keller and "Tracker."

Listener Question: We've had SG-1 characters appear on Atlantis, and Atlantis characters on SG-1. Do you like crossover episodes? Which one has been your favorite, and why?

With casting for Stargate Universe now underway, we'd also love to hear whether you think anyone from SG-1 or Atlantis should be given a permanent spot on the new series.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

NOTE: Contrary to the schedule given at the end of this week's podcast, we are taking off next week (David is on vacation and Darren is taking the GRE exam). Check out the upcoming schedule on the Podcast page.

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I enjoyed your podcast again this week. Thanks so much for doing them.

I agree for the most part about Tracker, not one of my favorite episodes but I did like the new Runner. Keller wasn't bad, but I still hate the romance with Rodney angle, and combined with a possible Ronon interest too, not what I want to see in SGA.
                Really looking forward to next week though.

The only way the SGU characters would possibly interest me is if they switched the genders on all of them - now that might turn the cliche's on their heads.

David, enjoy your vacation and Darren GOOD LUCK with the GRE!
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  I haven't listened to the new podcast yet(soon) but I wanted to answer your questions since I think they are some of the more important questions asked and I'd love to add my 2 cents

I ADORE crossover episodes. It reminds me of being a kid and watching the Justice League when you get to see Batman,Superman and others on a team together. Stargate has been wonderful about making sure we know both shows are part of the same universe other wise it's hard to make the connection. There is nothing like seeing such strong personalities coming together and interacting to answer the questions about how certain characters would get along and who wouldn't and why. It fuels the imagination, a lot of questions get answered and a lot of excitement comes from those episodes. My favorite Atlantis episodes are the ones that have SG-1 in them. I hope the future movies have more of that.

As far as putting anyone from prior series on Universe? I'm all for it. Everyone is scared that this line up won't mesh with what we know of Stargate and it would help to throw in cast members who we haven't seen enough of. My picks would be Jonas Quinn( he never should have left earth the SGC after Daniel came back), Major Davis( everybody likes him and he's a strong character) and Lt. Ford(who never got the attention he deserves). It would also be nice to have guest spots from SG-1 and Atlantis members like Gen. O'Neill.
                  OK, Thanks so much
                  PS- I was surprised how much I ended up likeing "Tracker". Keller was neither the wimpy victim or the hero of it.
                  Mac Jackson
                  Singer/Songwriter of
                  "Harmony Constant"
                  [email protected]
                  myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                  youtube.com/MacWJack
                  Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

In regards to Stargate Universe. When I heard "every teenage girl's dream" I immediately thought of the current teen heartthrob Robert Pattinson (Actor cast as Edward in the upcoming Twilight Movie). My mind went wild from there, visions of pretty blonds in combat boots tossing their hair trying to get the attention of the young guy with the perfect hair. I understand that these descriptions are lenient but it doesn't sound like Stargate anymore! I'm afraid that things may get out of hand if the writers and producers can keep their heads.
                    sigpic

Comment

First time posting here but I really do like your podcasts and look forward to hearing them. I have two comments on podcast #12.

First, when discussing the Universe cast, one of you pointed out that Daniel Jackson was only 25 when he joined SG-1. That is a mistake. Michael Shanks was 25 or 26 when the show began, but Daniel is at least 5 or 6 years older than Michael. We learned this during the episode "1969" when Daniel comments that he was 4 1/2 in 1969 even though Shanks wasn't born til December of 1970.

Secondly, I do agree that Rodney McKay has to be better at handling weapons and in self defense than he is portrayed in the show. It's been 5 years, he has to have been receiving training. I liked "Tracker" for the most part although Ronan was annoying at times. The worst part was how well Keller handled herself 1 on 1 with a Wraith while Rodney couldn't even load a 9 mil. Scenes like that just give the Keller haters more fuel for their fire.

One of my biggest beefs with the series, and I love Atlantis, is the inconsistency with McKay. One show he's handling a P-90 like a pro and is standing up to the enemy, the next he's a coward running and hiding or firing his gun in the air. I find that both Carl Binder and Robert Cooper write the bumbling, comic relief McKay way too often in their stories and that choice detracts from their shows.

Keep up the good work with the show.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Great podcasts. I really enjoy listening to them as no one I know has ever seen the show! It's nice to hear you guys talking about the show I enjoy so much, even though I don't always agree with your opinions (I loved Tracker).

I just had to comment on your "we love South Korean girls" when talking about Grace Park and Kim Yoon-jin (if she's still pronouncing her name as it would be here in Korea, it should be "jean" rather than "jin", but she may have Americanised it). What was that about?

I can say that I too find South Korean women very interesting...I even married one!

Thanks again for the podcasts, and keep them up!

KPRROK
                        sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to comment on David's comment on "ugly heavy set" girls, and only hot girls being in SciFi shows;
                          1. They are nicer to look at, if Stargate was an audio book i would have no problem with "big" girls.
                          2. The gate could not possibly de-molecularize that much information without exploding.
                          3. They try to keep it as realistic as possible. And I can't possibly imagine a "big" girl running through the forest, being shot and chased by Wraith.
                          4. Your claim applies to the male cast aswell. The only "big" guys that have appeared on the show is Machello and the legend, Don S Davis.

**for the record i have lots of ugly and heavy set friends, i have nothing against them, unless the try to ruin my favorite show.**

Listener Question - I haven't liked a single crossover episode yet. I don't know why but I think it may be the characters being out of their element that throws off whatever it is, the acting, directing, but for some reason they just don't work.

Comment

Do any iTunes-savvy people know why I can't click on the "Subscribe" button for the GateWorld podcast? I have an account with iTunes, but there is no way for me to subscribe to this podcast! Thanks.

Comment

That's odd.

Try going to the "Advanced" menu in iTunes and clicking "Subscribe to Podcast." Enter the feed URL there:

http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, when I click on the Advanced drop-down list, "Subscribe to podcast..." is not an option. (It's that light grey color instead of black, and I can't click on it.) I listened to the first podcast online, and now I'd love to take the rest of them with me on my iPod! I've never bought anything from iTunes before, but I had set up an account in the hopes of fixing this problem - no luck. I haven't a clue what do to!

Comment

Working...
                                X