Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! Excellent. I was just about to ask what had become of it... I think I've killed the 'Refresh' button in iTunes looking for my favourite bus-ride companion!!
    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Hi Darren, I don't know if it's possible, but it would be interesting to have the MGM side of the story about why they put the Stargate franchise "on ice" ? Why did they choose to not do the movies ?

I feel that the new management at MGM is a bit unfriendly toward the Stargate franchise.

Comment

As I think we mentioned on the podcast (I know we talked about it, that is -- I think it didn't get snipped in editing), we're trying to land an interview with Charlie Cohen, a fantastic MGM exec who has always been a big Stargate fan and supporter. Stay tuned.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          As I think we mentioned on the podcast (I know we talked about it, that is -- I think it didn't get snipped in editing), we're trying to land an interview with Charlie Cohen, a fantastic MGM exec who has always been a big Stargate fan and supporter. Stay tuned.
          That would be terrific! I want to know if there is any hope AT ALL for those movies!
          sigpic

Comment

once you get the file will the current servers issues everyone but me is having affect getting the podcast up?
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

At this point you might as well put all the podcasts for the remaining episodes up at once, i mean why wait anymore?
              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I don't think they were waiting to begin with. They're just not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  once you get the file will the current servers issues everyone but me is having affect getting the podcast up?
                  I'm not experiencing any server issues, sorry. So the show will go up. I don't imagine you will have any problems downloading it from the feed or from iTunes, since it is an MP3 file and not tied into any HTML or PHP like the site and forum.

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
                  At this point you might as well put all the podcasts for the remaining episodes up at once, i mean why wait anymore?
                  It's not a matter of waiting, it's a matter of time available. "Epilogue" should be up Sunday; we haven't had an opportunity to record "Blockade" and "Gauntlet" yet.

Comment

I've been catching up on podcasts lately, and wanted to say a few words about some of David's words, which I found pretty insulting.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Very rare that I disagree with David so vehemently

First, on the loud complaint about the "there's more than one of them line." I thought he took that far too literally and complained about it way too much. Watching the episode, I didn't even remotely get the sense that it was meant to be expository. It seemed to me that it was a tongue-in-cheek rhetorical observation. You know, like "oh, so that's the trigger" or something like that.

The other thing I took huge issue with was calling Park a *****. I found that really uncalled-for. Back when the show began you guys spent ages wondering if Scott was a sex addict and if that would be a story point, but when it's a woman playing the same game she's a *****? Come on dude

And it's more than just the apparent sexual double standard too. He talks about having an issue with her being in any kind of relationship because she's a player, but that was months ago at this point.
                    Lots of things can change in that much time--certainly when one of your ex-lovers is murdered in cold blood by Kiva.

Less obvious, but equally important is how much they've actually been seeding the Greer/Park angle throughout this season. Early this week I finished my re-watch and I was amazed at how well laid out the entire season has been in terms of dropping tons of hints and threads that get picked up as the season goes along, and they've done a remarkable job of seeding that relationship too.
                    I second this entire post, but especially the bolded part.

I too was bothered by David calling Lisa a b****. Given that David doesn't seem to have any issues with Scott's behaviour (or any other male, for that matter) I really don't understand why he keeps calling Lisa names. He has never done that for Scott while it's at least a second time (2nd podcast) when he goes on and on about Lisa's sleeping around. He also ignores the fact that she hasn't been seen having sex with anyone since she and Greer hooked up back in season 1 and throughout entire season 2 those have been portrayed as being in a relationship.

So to sum it up: Lisa had a boyfriend on Earth. With no hope of going back she used sex as a way to cope with being stranded on Destiny. Then she liked one of her sex partners - Greer - enough to stop that and enter a steady, serious relationship with him. And for that she gets to be called a b****.

I'll repeat that her story mirrors Scott's, who David doesn't seem to have any issues with.

I'll also repeat that Lisa was in no way at any point leading Volker on, which David also claimed. She was being friendly - girls can do that, you know? It's not her fault that Dale fell for her and read more into her actions that she intended.

I'm not sure if David realises how his words came across, so I hope he'll think it through now.

Originally posted by m3122 View Post
                    I like Todd and Sheppard. Also I am one of the fans who want Joe Flanigan as a regular on Warehouse 13 or Sanctuary. Since they are not going to give us SGA or SGA Extinction.
                    Please, no JF on Sanctuary. I actually enjoy that show...
                    Last edited by Petra; 15 May 2011, 04:10 PM. Reason: typo in Volker's name :o
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Wonder what jennifer spence would think if she ever listened to that podcast? I think the SGU cast been called enough cude names over the past 2 1/2 years. It's not something we need in a podcast done by people who are supposed to be fans of the franchise.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This is an excellent point. I too was upset by the remarks about Park - they were more than a little jarring coming in the middle of what is ordinarily a measured and intelligent commentary/discussion. I love the podcast and am very appreciative of the hard work both Darren and David (and Russell!) put in, but this was disappointing.
                        "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                        ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

I agree -- the comment was over-the-top. We actually hashed this out and gave Lisa her due in the "Epilogue" podcast that is coming any day now. Hope you all give it a listen.

Name-calling aside, however, I do grant David's point that the character was not treating the men who were vying for her affections very well in "Life," and that aspect of her character hasn't had much more development since then. We don't know (or didn't, I think, before "Epilogue") if she's "settled down" with Ron or if she's still a player. At the end of "The Hunt," she could still be playing Ron (and Dale?), for all we know. I think that was the source of David's comments.

Comment

This goes back to the ' i dont approve of that kind of lifestyle ' debate. I found those remarks offensive, and found Davids remark about Park offensive. But i do agree with what you said Darren back then, you do have the right to say these things after all, and we have the right not to agree with you and to raise it in the forum.

When does free speech go to far (note i'm English, and we dont have the same free speech rights as in america exactly) ?

This is obviously something that has been boiling over in the US for a long time, but its beyond me how your courts could allow the Westboro Bapist Church to continue in the way they do, though i have no doubt that plenty of americans in this forum agree with me about that!
                            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Thanks for replying Darren

I'll certainly be listening to the new podcast - I just need to finish catching up on the older ones first.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              Name-calling aside, however, I do grant David's point that the character was not treating the men who were vying for her affections very well in "Life," and that aspect of her character hasn't had much more development since then. We don't know (or didn't, I think, before "Epilogue") if she's "settled down" with Ron or if she's still a player. At the end of "The Hunt," she could still be playing Ron (and Dale?), for all we know. I think that was the source of David's comments.
                              I think so too, but I still disagree. Honestly, I find this logic baffling and I agree with Digi that it smacks of double standards.

How was Park "not treating the men who were vying for her affections very well in "Life"? Please correct me if I'm wrong (it's been a while since I last saw that ep), but didn't she simply ignore one guy she had previously had sex with? How is it worse than how Scott treated James?

I keep bringing up Scott because he seems to be Lisa's male counterpart in that aspect and as I said, nobody calls him on that. Park's the only one getting flak for her actions.

Also, how is her not showing any interest in anyone besides Ron for 1,5 season not a character development in that aspect?

And why are you guys so eager to assume that she may still be playing Volker (despite having been shown having a thing with Greer) when in an analogous situation with Scott/Chloe/James you believed pretty quickly that Scott hooked up with Chloe for good and didn't just play her? It really is the same situation, just with genders switched.

I'm starting to think that it may be some sort of cultural thing. I've seen posts like yours and David's about Lisa "playing" Dale around the forum and they all seem to be made by Americans (in my personal experience of course). Otoh I'm from Europe and as I said earlier I don't see anything in Lisa's behaviour towards Volker that would suggest she's interested in him or that she may be playing him. All I see is innocent friendliness and a desire to help a friend.
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                                Thanks for replying Darren

I'm starting to think that it may be some sort of cultural thing. I've seen posts like yours and David's about Lisa "playing" Dale around the forum and they all seem to be made by Americans (in my personal experience of course).
                                Ha! I've always felt that that coloured Darren, Davids, and Dianes (3 d's, just noticed lol) attitudes towards Rush. I.e the way English/British people always seem to be evil in American films, its hard to stop yourself thinking that way, if you have been brought up with so many cliched examples.

Comment

Working...
                                X