Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren you should ask Diana next time if she'd be willing to get together with Brad and MGM and write SGU a proper novel resolution!

Comment

Well yes i would like the commentary as well, with it now almost 2 weeks overdue. However, i cannot blame Darren, Diane et all if they are somewhat less than enthusiastic about getting it out on time in the current stargate depression.
      Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
      Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

If there's been any confusion over the episode commentary idea: It's not something we are currently doing, while SGU is airing. It's an idea for "what do we do when we don't have any new episodes to discuss?" So watch for it later in the summer, probably.

Details forthcoming!

"Common Descent" podcast will up by Monday.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          If there's been any confusion over the episode commentary idea: It's not something we are currently doing, while SGU is airing. It's an idea for "what do we do when we don't have any new episodes to discuss?" So watch for it later in the summer, probably.

Details forthcoming!

"Common Descent" podcast will up by Monday.
          In that case - if and when it happens, I volunteer to submit my review of the Final Cut of COTG, to add something as a podcast extra! I appreciate that it may be a while.
          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Once SGU is over we should just start a rewatch thread, and then go through the series from the beginning watching a new episode every Monday and Friday or something. Would be interesting to see the level of critique we offer now applied to the old episodes. I think people would be surprised by how much tighter the script are now.

Comment

Now Available:
              'Common Descent' (SGU Episode #217)

Stargate Universe is certainly going out with a bang! On this week’s show Darren and David are reunited to talk about “Common Descent,” a terrific episode with the return of a powerful foe and an interesting science fiction premise. We’ll talk about the return of the drone ships and the new tricks they have up their sleeves, Destiny's descendants and their hope of returning home to Novus, and our first glimpses at an alternate history for our crew.

First up we’ll talk about Syfy’s decision to move Sanctuary to Mondays (note that we recorded this show before those first ratings were revealed). And in the voicemail segment we’ll hear more of your thoughts on “Seizure” and “The Hunt,” and some initial reactions to the end of Stargate on television.

Call the Podcast Hotline! Give us your thoughts on this week’s new episode of Stargate Universe. This week we want to hear from you on tonight’s new episode, “Blockade.” We’d also love to hear your thoughts on the 14-year history of the Stargate television franchise, and on the (temporary) cancellation.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...ommon-descent/
              Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-05-02.mp3
              Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by Friday night and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks once again to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

i nearly wanted to throw a book at you two for failing on the TJ young relationship. your on a ship with 70 ish people close quarters and how could you not know young was the father.

as we've seen in many eps background players just chatting away random shigossipsp
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What? I think that's pretty much what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    i nearly wanted to throw a book at you two for failing on the TJ young relationship. your on a ship with 70 ish people close quarters and how could you not know young was the father.
                    Could have been Varro.

Darren and David, with the Stargate, maybe they didn't feel like they needed hyperdrive.

Comment

maybe i midunderstood ... in any case no worries wasn't trying to come off as a jerk

sorry D
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Still loving the podcast D&D (&D!)
                        These last few eps of Universe have made me sad, they've been SO good, I loved Epilogue, and it's so frustrating going into the last two knowing that we'll be left hanging

I do believe Stargate will be back, at some point in the future. Five years feels too soon, but then again given Hollywood's proclivity for "refreshing" things, who knows

Comment

I would watch the new series Echoes, if they had Joe Flanigan as a regular on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by m3122 View Post
                            I would watch the new series Echoes, if they had Joe Flanigan as a regular on the show.
                            LOL, Doubt that will happen, but I'd watch it too!
                            sigpic

Comment

Dare i ask what has happened to the podcast?
                              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Still waiting on the edit, sorry. Hopefully any moment now.

Comment

Working...
                                X