X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Available:
    'The Hunt' (SGU Episode #216)

This week on the podcast we're up to Stargate Universe's "The Hunt," the sixteenth episode of the final season! Joining David once again is our friend Diana Botsford. We'll talk about Greer's loss of mojo, Varro's turn to step up and shine, and the encounter with sentient beasts. We'll also discuss the newly discovered stasis chambers (and why Destiny has them at all), and Rush's having fun at his comrades' expense.

First up, we'll get Diana's thoughts on the end of Stargate and the life that the franchise still has in it. And we'll open up an extra-big mailbag and hear what listeners thought of "The Hunt" and other recent episodes, including lots on the Atlantis crossover "Seizure."

Call the Podcast Hotline! Each and every week we're looking for your thoughts on the latest episode of SGU. Call in this week and share your reactions to "Epilogue." You can also share your thoughts on the (current) end of Stargate on television, and what you think the future holds. (Because of the timing of recording this week’s show, we didn't get voicemails on that topic in this week -- but stay tuned!)

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...cast-the-hunt/
    Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-04-25.mp3
    Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by Friday night and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks once again to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Very rare that I disagree with David so vehemently

First, on the loud complaint about the "there's more than one of them line." I thought he took that far too literally and complained about it way too much. Watching the episode, I didn't even remotely get the sense that it was meant to be expository. It seemed to me that it was a tongue-in-cheek rhetorical observation. You know, like "oh, so that's the trigger" or something like that.

The other thing I took huge issue with was calling Park a *****. I found that really uncalled-for. Back when the show began you guys spent ages wondering if Scott was a sex addict and if that would be a story point, but when it's a woman playing the same game she's a *****? Come on dude

And it's more than just the apparent sexual double standard too. He talks about having an issue with her being in any kind of relationship because she's a player, but that was months ago at this point. Lots of things can change in that much time--certainly when one of your ex-lovers is murdered in cold blood by Kiva.

Less obvious, but equally important is how much they've actually been seeding the Greer/Park angle throughout this season. Early this week I finished my re-watch and I was amazed at how well laid out the entire season has been in terms of dropping tons of hints and threads that get picked up as the season goes along, and they've done a remarkable job of seeding that relationship too.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I can't wait for common decent
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

After SGU finishes I think it'd be interesting to see a podcast where you guys give your top 10 episodes from each series.
          "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Mitchell View Post
            After SGU finishes I think it'd be interesting to see a podcast where you guys give your top 10 episodes from each series.
            yeah i would like that aswell
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I want the episode commentary

Comment

why did u guys have Seizure mail played during the Hunt

Comment

Thanks a lot for the last podcasts! I heard them one after another in my little Easter vacation

Yes please, do the favorite episodes discussion after SGU - that would be fun!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aerius21 View Post
                    why did u guys have Seizure mail played during the Hunt
                    Since I was off that week, and I usually do the voicemail, it slipped through the cracks in the podcast for "The Hunt." We also usually get more voicemail on an episode after the recording deadline, and add it to the end of the following week's show.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      I want the episode commentary
                      I agree on this one- the ep commentaries on the discs from cast and crew are great, but this way we in the audience (in the feedback) can add our ten pence, alongside from the entertainment value of hearing Darren, David and Diana's thoughts too!
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Will the new podcast be up soon?
                        sigpic

Comment

I like Todd and Sheppard. Also I am one of the fans who want Joe Flanigan as a regular on Warehouse 13 or Sanctuary. Since they are not going to give us SGA or SGA Extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Will the new podcast be up soon?
                            I haven't seen the "Common Descent" podcast yet. Could be end of the week, but possibly as late as Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              I haven't seen the "Common Descent" podcast yet. Could be end of the week, but possibly as late as Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                Okay, thanks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X