Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure it was only speculation on Carter's part in Frozen, I don't think we need to take that as canon.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Pretty sure it was only speculation on Carter's part in Frozen, I don't think we need to take that as canon.
      No she was talking about the dating analysis.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is going to sound really horrid but i hate the podcasts when Diana is on.

Its not that she doesnt have interesting things to say, Diana you do, and you often raise some really good and provoking thoughts, and i like your take on the episodes.

I just cant stand your accent. Maybe its an english thing (and im sure im opening myself to lots of retorts here) but it just makes we want to pull my hair out. I dont in general mind american accents, i wonder, is it a particular part of the country diana is from? I think you should get someone from that place in the film fargo to do the podcast, oh you betcha.
        Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
        Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Listening to the last several podcasts in a marathon is getting me through the dreaded annual ritual of sorting receipts and filling out worksheets for tax season.

For that, thanks, Darren, David and Diana!

I appreciated Diana's insight into how the director uses foreground/midground/background elements to help tell the story in a visually dynamic way, especially whenever twin characters appear onscreen together.

They've come a long way with these shots and it's a shame that the party is ending just as the production team is reaching a new plateau of high production values.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            No she was talking about the dating analysis.
            It doesn't exactly sound concrete:

CARTER
            The one found with the Antarctic Gate died shortly after it was brought back to Area 51. It was used a few times and then just ran out of energy. That was the first indication we had that the power sources fueling the Gate technology have a limited life span. We've run a number of tests comparing the power source to other off world DHDs. We think we now have evidence that the Gate we found down there is one of the oldest in the entire system. It could be as much as 50 million years old.

Comment

Excepting when we're given exact dates, that's about as clear a timeframe as any we have for anything in Stargate history.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It could be as much as 50 million years old
                I wouldn't really class that as a 'clear' date.

Comment

Just recorded this week's show on "Hope" ... with a brand new guest co-host! Chad Colvin (GateWorld Assistant Editor) is sitting in for David, who is traveling this week.

Unfortunately we recorded a day later and it took me much of the night to get it properly encoded and delivered to Russell for editing, so it's more than likely that it will be published later in the week. Stay tuned.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Unfortunately we recorded a day later and it took me much of the night to get it properly encoded and delivered to Russell for editing, so it's more than likely that it will be published later in the week. Stay tuned.
                    Any updates on when it will be available?

Comment

Now Available:
                      'Hope' (SGU Episode #214)

Episode 14 of the new season of Stargate Universe saw the return of not just one but two important characters we thought were killed off for good earlier this season. And while Eli, Rush, and Matt dealt with the presence of two extra minds inside Chloe's body, T.J. has her own hands full with a surgery for which she is far under-qualified … with the lives of both Dale Volker and Ronald Greer hanging in the balance.

GateWorld's own Chad Colvin steps in to co-host this week's show! Chad and Darren will talk about Volker's storyline and this episode’s use of humor, the return to Ginn and Amanda Perry, and Destiny's A.I. and the presence of digitized minds in the ship's computer (including some speculation on Dr. Franklin and Rush’s wife, Gloria). We'll also hear lots of interesting theories about the communication stones and stored consciousnesses from podcast listeners.

Join the Conversation! Our discussion on "Seizure" is already in the editing room, but we want to hear your thoughts on "The Hunt!" Watch the newest episode of Stargate Universe this Monday, then call the Podcast Hotline and share your thoughts.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...-podcast-hope/
                      Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-04-04.mp3
                      Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by Friday night and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

love the intro

wooooo
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It was a great podcast! Loved David's voicemail, and all kinds of different theories and opinions about the stones.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            It was a great podcast! Loved David's voicemail, and all kinds of different theories and opinions about the stones.
                            oh rly? i skip all the voice mails ill have to go back

Comment

I couldn't help but smile really big with the intro to the Hope podcast, as well as when David left a voice mail message.
                              "Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties.
                              Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!."

Comment

ric flair would be proud

Comment

Working...
                                X