This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the Podcast downloaded still need to listen to it

I knew Lou Diamond Phillips from his guest stars on NUMB3RS and George Lopez and I LOVED him on those shows.. but what he is most famous for is La Bamba at least imo.. Actually I was excited when I heard Lou Diamond Phillips was going to be on SGU.. Hadn't heard of anyone else on the cast but him
    sigpic

Comment

Forgot to mention that I am 99.9% sure radio waves cannot pass the wormhole with 9 chevron connection, as established in "Air" pt 1. It was also mentioned when the LA gated onboard.
      sigpic

Comment

Loved the Twin Destines podcast. I've missed a few podcasts, but I could not miss this one I loved TD sooooooo much!

I had to mute my computer when Farscape came up because I am currently watching the show for the first time and didn't want to be spoiled so I missed a bit of the podcast as I was unsure how long the Farscape talk lasted. I'm currently on the third season.

But I definitely think "Twin Destinies," "Time," and "Subversion" are in my top three favorite episodes of SGU. Subversion because of "SG1" it felt if you get my meaning, I'm sure "Seizure" will be a favorite as well although I don't know much about the episode.

But I agree with DigiFluid on LDP, I've never heard of him prior to SGU but is he really considered a big star? I'm in the US and I have heard of Robert Carlyle but not Lou Diamond Philips.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Ooh, Diana's back eh? Awesome, I always love hearing what she brings to the table.
          she won the podcast with the chasing shadows line.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Lou is a pretty big name in the U.S., having made himself a pretty good career in film with La Bamba and Young Guns. But in recent years he has turned to television and done lots of different things (like I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here), so he's probably not demanding a superstar paycheck. But he could easily be in Richard Dean Anderson territory for his SGU guest spots.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Lou is a pretty big name in the U.S., having made himself a pretty good career in film with La Bamba and Young Guns. But in recent years he has turned to television and done lots of different things (like I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here), so he's probably not demanding a superstar paycheck. But he could easily be in Richard Dean Anderson territory for his SGU guest spots.
              I can't agree with that! RDA was an EP so I'm pretty sure that when he was on SG-1 he got much more money then Lou gets for SGU...

Comment

... for Rick's SGU guest spots, that is.

Comment

Will the podcasts always be 2 weeks after the episode now, or should we expect the new one soon?

Comment

Now Available:
                    'Alliances' (SGU Episode #213)

Stargate Universe continues its final stretch of episodes every Monday on Syfy Channel, and this week on the Podcast David and Darren are talking about episode 13, "Alliances." This episode welcomed a couple of big guest stars in Kathleen Quinlan (Senator Michaels) and French Stewart (Dr. Andrew Covel), forwarded the story of the Lucian Alliance threat, and gave us some good character moments.

We'll talk about Wray and Greer being forced to improve their relationship, the attack on Washington, D.C., and Wray and Greer's decision to try and disarm the bomb. We'll also talk about the intentions of Dr. Covel and Senator Michaels, and the possibility that Earth might fund Destiny's mission. And we’ll hear what other fans thought about this episode.

Join the Conversation! Just call the GateWorld Podcast Hotline by the end of the week and share your reactions to this week’s new episode of Stargate Universe. Try and organize your thoughts before you call, and please keep your message brief so that we don’t have to cut into it.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...ast-alliances/
                    Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-03-28.mp3
                    Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by Friday night and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      ... for Rick's SGU guest spots, that is.
                      oops, sorry

Comment

Oh, another one already!
                        *hurrying to download*

Thanks for the "Twin Destinies" with Diana and the nice English guy who mentioned that SGU is aired in Germany on RTL II
                        sigpic

Comment

In the Alliances podcast, it was discussed that Wray's reasoning for identifying the Lucian Alliance spy was sketchy. However, there were other clues in the episode: the man didn't know which way the exit was, and he also didn't know what a geiger counter was.

Comment

hello and thank you for the birthday message. i went further and watched redemption 1 and 2.
                            but the reason i'm posting is this

it keeps coming up in episodes of sgu that destiny is a million years old, and we've herd it more than once. the only reference i can think of atlantis being older is in the pilot, are we to believe atlantis is several million years old? i believe atlantis is younger, considering we see merlin at the atlantic outpost in the pilot and atlantis couldn.t be much oler than that.
                            also i think your correct, the wormhole jumped back in time and seeded the plant coming up in "commin desent"
                            keep up the great work, you may not realise but your podcasts are great and i listen to them over and over again.
                            thanks, brad from australia

Comment

Hey Brad -- thanks for the message!

The age of Atlantis is established in the opening moment of the SGA premiere:

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...lbum=252&pos=3

That, in addition to the many references to the city's age that I think probably came up in dialogue over five years, is how we are dating the city. So the SGU references to Destiny being around a million years old' just doesn't fly, if we are really to believe that it predates Atlantis.

Comment

Pegasus gates follow MW gates. MW gates are at least 50 million years old (Frozen). Destiny gates predate MW gates ('Destiny Tour' Kinosode). Ergo, Destiny is at least 50 million years old.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X