Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can pretty much guarantee that we'll get Diana's thoughts on Destiny's mission the next time we have her on! We'll do a Season 2.0 recap show in December, after the finale airs, and talk about the whole story so far. Hoping she can join us for that one.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is planning to call into the hotline with your thoughts and reactions to the big reveal!

(951) 262-1647

Or record a short message on your computer and e-mail the WAV or MP3 to webmaster -at- gateworld.net. I'd love to have lots of discussion from other fans about this on next week's show!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      I can pretty much guarantee that we'll get Diana's thoughts on Destiny's mission the next time we have her on! We'll do a Season 2.0 recap show in December, after the finale airs, and talk about the whole story so far. Hoping she can join us for that one.
      Sounds good .

Ah, and sorry for forgetting that points of the last episode are still considered spoilers on this thread, my bad.

Comment

Now Available:
        'The Greater Good' (SGU #207)

When we look back on Stargate Universe years from now, it might be said that "The Greater Good" was the episode that changed everything. Rush's secret is out, Colonel Young and his people now have some control of the ship, and Destiny's true mission -- the reason the Ancients launched it so long ago -- has been revealed. These are just a few of the big, big things GateWorld's Darren and David have to talk about on this week's podcast!

We'll also discuss the discovery of a new alien ship, the return of Amanda Perry, Rush and Young's knock-down, drag-out fight, and more. And we'll hear what listeners thought of this incredible hour of television.

Join the conversation! Be a part of next week's discussion of "Malice" by calling the GateWorld Podcast Hotline. Be sure to leave your message by Saturday to get on the show.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...-greater-good/
        Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-11-15.mp3
        Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

Listener Question: What did you think of this week's new episode of Stargate Universe, "Malice?"

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by this Saturday and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

Destiny's destination couldn't be the center of the universe because there is none.

The Big Bang was not an explosion but rather the creation of space itself. Without space there cannot be a center.
          If you look around us you see that everything is moving away from us. Yet we are not at the center of the universe.
          It's not matter moving away from one point but space expanding. Distances increase.

Also, if there was a center the cosmic background radiation would be coming from this centre. So it would be possible to determine/approximate this center. But the radiation is actually coming from all directions.

Comment

To my understanding, there was some accident when Perry was nine years old. So, she hasn't been quadriplegic for her entire life.

Borrowing GW transcript -

PERRY (smiling happily): This is the first food I've been able to feed myself since I was nine.

[...]

PERRY: Well, for years after my accident I had dreams that I could walk.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              To my understanding, there was some accident when Perry was nine years old. So, she hasn't been quadriplegic for her entire life.

Borrowing GW transcript -

PERRY (smiling happily): This is the first food I've been able to feed myself since I was nine.

[...]

PERRY: Well, for years after my accident I had dreams that I could walk.
              thank you i just ran here to post thagt
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hi Darren, I've just done a pod cast reply for 'The Greater Good', from [email protected] under the title 'Pod Cast AH1'.
                After such a disastrous encounter, Ksht’ar Uresh had been called to the Imperial courts on the Homeworld to discus matters with the Emperor. He remembered a phrase one of his instructors always said to him and his students ‘And remember, the Faruk Empire is at stake ever single second – apply that cold Faruk steel to any situation.’ Well he did, he had done so for the past 60 years, from the Mikrosh war to their current predicament with the Terrans. But despite his ruthless dedication to the Empire in service he failed in these times of peace and disparity to apply this ‘cold Faruk steel’ successfully. The Faruk Empire could not afford a war now in its weakened state, despite their ruthlessness to fight it.

Comment

Thanks, Darren and David for the wonderful new podcast!
                  Although I still haven't watched SGU I really enjoyed the discussion.
                  sigpic

Comment

Will the new podcast be up before "Visitation"?
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry, nope -- still waiting for the edit to hit my inbox.

Comment

I really love the podcast, but it seems that each week it gets released later and later. Is there a problem forcing you guys to record later or is it a delay with the editor?

I really enjoy your podcasts. They are a great compliment to the show, and this site. I really do hope that what ever issues that are causing these delays without causing too much trouble or sacrifice.

While listening to the last episode, I had an idea. Have you guys ever thought of doing live specials? Through blogtv or some other medium.

Comment

when does it matter then it's released

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            when does it matter then it's released
                            To you apparenty never. To others it's more important. According to some of the reviews on itunes I'm not the only one who cares.

I enjoy listening to this podcast before the next episode airs. That way the discussion is still current and unspoiled.

I was just curious about what was causing the delays. Depending on the cause maybe the fandom can helpout in some way. Be it in the form of donations or a back-up editor.

Comment

They're always doing their best to get it up on time, delays happen. People have their personal lives, too. No donation or back-up editor will change that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Luther View Post
                                I was just curious about what was causing the delays. Depending on the cause maybe the fandom can helpout in some way. Be it in the form of donations or a back-up editor.
                                Darren's married 2 kids. david works and travels.

Comment

Working...
                                X