X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Darren and David,

Your science expert is incorrect. What prevents the tips of a very long pair of scissors from closing faster than the speed of light is not special relativity, but elasticity. A pair of scissors long enough to close at a speed close to the speed of light would have to be made of a material stiffer (greater Shear modulus) than any known material.

James M. Stiles, Ph.D., P.E.

Comment

David,

BTW, with FTL, instant communication across galaxies via the stones, and calcium carbonate being employed as a carbon dioxide scrubber, SGU is no more realistic than SG-1 and SGA.

Comment

I am probably picking one of the more insignificant points of the podcast to comment on, but oh well!

Just on the criticism of the chairs, door handles, etc, on Ancient ships being too Earthlike, although that kind of thing does tend to bug me, with the Ancients I don't necessarily take as much offense to it, as we must remember that the Ancients are precursors to human life on Earth, some Ancients actually living among us before dying/ascending/etc, so it isn't too difficult to buy us taking influence from them with little things like that.

Well, there's my two cents. Thoughts?
        O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
        [Cut to shot of the door]
        [Cut back to O'Neill]
        O'NEILL: Any time now.
        [Cut back to door]

Comment

my head hurts
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
            Hi All

Many thanks guys for that. I also asked over on Mr Mallozzi's webpage, and he kindly confirmed same too. I (for one) am very disappointed that the mag is going. Sure, I can understand that we net-access fans can get our information on-line...here on GW and elsewhere, but call me old-fashioned, but I love the old-school touches of a mag. Plus, the quiz at the back of each edition (usually) was great, particularly if you are in a minority of ONE in the house watching the show!

Anyway, thanks again and thanks to D and D for latitude to ask the question on this thread,

S'n'T

Hi all, I am afraid I can also confirm this - from the magazine itself. I was leafing through issue 35 July/Aug in Forbidden Planet Bristol yesterday - the inside page of the rear cover confirms that issue 36 is the last one. A shame, but I did notice that many news items they were printing (for example Beau Bridges getting cast in the new Rockford Files) was mentioned on Gateworld ages ago.

Darren & David, - I too would like to support Lt Colonel John Sheppard's suggestion of a Podcast for the Children Of The Gods Final Cut. You guys like many of us have been with Stargate from the start, to hear your thoughts and perspectives on the Final cut would be great. - I can also re-submit the review I did of it by email for readers comments if you like?

Apologies for not listening to the Pod for a while (goes red) I have had a lot on!
            Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 24 July 2010, 04:12 AM.
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Thanks, gang! We published an extensive text review of COTG: Final Cut when it was released, so it feels to me like a podcast on it would just repeat everything that was said there --

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...ods-final-cut/
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Fair do Darren,

I did a rake around and for those maybe interested, here is my COTG - Final Cut review.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...1#post10576241

There are no specific storyline spoilers, I was careful about that when writing it, but I do mention noted changes.

I was thinking, - how about a podcast talking about and comparing, Stargate's position alongside other long running and popular Sci Fi franchises? (Trek, B5, The X Files, Farscape, Dr Who) - and, where it stands alongside new kids on the block, such as the Galactica/Caprica format, Warehouse 13, Chuck, and V? (the new version).
                Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 24 July 2010, 02:01 PM.
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Just saw this on Itune:

SG1 Children of the gods and SGA rising are free to download. For those of you that like the new one, its the original version of Children of the Gods with the stupid lines and the nudity sorry, and Rising is both parts 1 and 2 So enjoy
                  Last edited by Ramses818; 25 July 2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Now Available:
                    Episode #99 - Ancient History

Who are the Ancients? Where did they come from, when were they in our galaxy and the Pegasus Galaxy, and where are they now? In this week's "Stargate 101" podcast, David and Darren will examine the vast history of the Stargate builders, spanning at least three galaxies and tens of millions of years. We'll consider the ideological dispute with the Ori, the plague, the immigration to Pegasus, the development of fantastic technologies, their discovery of ascension and non-interference policy, and more.

We'll also debrief David on his trip to Comic-Con 2010, and discuss some recent Stargate news.

Next week is our big 100th episode celebration, and our final show of the summer! Call in by Sunday to be a part of the show, and tune in for some special guests.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...cient-history/
                    Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-07-28.mp3
                    Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: We're celebrating 100 episodes of podcasting! Tell us when and where you listen to the GateWorld Podcast, what you like about the show, and what you'd like to hear in the next 100 shows.

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
                    Last edited by Darren; 01 August 2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Special thanks this week to Russell, who edited the show for us!

We're aware of the audio issues (my side is muffled), and are working on improving for next week. But we're trying to move all of the audio editing off of David's mighty shoulders, and that means a little transitional growing pains.

Hope you enjoy this week's show!

Comment

Hope you enjoy this week's show!
                        listening now
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Another great show. Going to miss the podcast for the next month or so, but I appreciate that you guys need a break.
                          BTW, looking through the SGU S2 Episode Guide, not sure if you know or not, but the episode 'Twin Destinies' has now been moved to the #9 slot, and 'Visitation' has moved to #12.
                          I think it was on JM's blog recently.
                          Thanks for the podcast.

Comment

How could I let the 100 Ep go by without a word eh?

Voicemail left guys.

Congratulations on reaching the BIG 1-0-0!

A big THANK YOU to all involved with podcasts, past, present and future!

Best from Ireland

Shirt'n'Tie
                            "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Great show as always!
                              sigpic

Comment

Sshhhh!!

Who's got the cake? Where are the party hats? Who's got the streamers?

It's the BIG #100!!!!

Congrats Guys...

S'n'T
                                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X