Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished listening to this week's Podcast and I just had to comment on what Darren and David said about the Aschen coming in and helping Earth out medically. While they were talking about that all I could think of was V. They come to Earth saying they are "friends" offer their advanced medicine but in reality they have their own agenda. Which is what the visitors did in V. I think Earth is WAY better off now then in the episode 2010. I thought in the episode 2010 that it went against human nature just to roll over and let some aliens take care of us. We as human beings take pride in inventing and defending ourselves. So that episode just seemed wrong to me. I would never want to live in a world like that. I would love the technology but to be dependent on an alien race no way.
    sigpic

Comment

To Darren or David would you guys mind doing a podcast on the children of the gods final cut? I think it would be an interesting topic.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Now Available:
          Episode #97 - Stargate vs. LOST

When is a Stargate like an airliner crash? How does Destiny mirror the island? In this week’s podcast we’re putting the Stargate franchise (and particularly SGU) up against one of our other favorite science fiction series, LOST! GateWorld’s Darren and David talk about SGU and character-centric storytelling, flashbacks, and inner conflict and external threats.

We’ll also give our take on the (somewhat controversial) LOST series finale, and why we found it so satisfying. (If you haven’t seen the end of LOST yet, do beware of spoilers.)

We’re taking the week off next week as David heads to Vancouver for Gatecon! We’ll see you in two weeks for the first of our final three shows of the summer.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...rgate-vs-lost/
          Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-07-07.mp3
          Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: Have a science-related question about the first season of Stargate Universe? F.T.L. travel, or flying a star, or getting those pesky blood stains out when you have no laundry detergent in space? Call in now and ask it, and we’ll see if we can find an expert special guest to answer!

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            How about Stargate versus Babylon-5?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim of WVa View Post
              How about Stargate versus Babylon-5?
              Darren's head would explode he LOVES babylon 5

and for someone who is going to be jumping into lost soon this podcast make me more excited
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                Sadly it's more of SGU vs. LOST than Stargate universes as a whole Had I known that I won't be listening to this so eagerly ... I was expecting to hear where you would've put Jack O'Neill equivalent in LOST (Jack vs "Jack" ??? ) or where would Rodney be..

Next time , could you do a podcast about LEADERSHIP in Stargate universes ?? as Mckay said.. it's important!
                sigpic
                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I've only been listening to the podcast for a year now so thi may have been covered but if it hasn't....

how about one the covers the lingering plot threads from SG-1 and SGA?

or maybe one dealing with the SG expanded unvierse (Books, Comics, Games)? Just some thoughts.

Keep up the great work guys. I love your podcast. It's always the first to get listened to once I update my phone!

Comment

Why not download it from this site (GateWorld) - always works for me. But then again I'm in Pegasus galaxy and don't have an ipod
                    Love the podcasts and I often listen to the old ones again i.e. when I'm rewatching SG1 it's fun to hear the season SG1 podcasts (they are the best actually)

Comment

Hi ALL!

Been insanely busy, hence my absence...but I'm back!
                      Just about to listen to the SG vs Lost Podcast.

Have a question for all here...I know this prob isn't the place, but I'm pretty sure someone here can answer this quick question...I heard a rumour that the Stargate Magazine is to be discontinued??? Is this true?

Many thanks all

S'n'T
                      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                      Sara O' Neill's father;
                      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Yeah, I believe there is one more issue left after this month's comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post

Have a question for all here...I know this prob isn't the place, but I'm pretty sure someone here can answer this quick question...I heard a rumour that the Stargate Magazine is to be discontinued??? Is this true?
                          yes
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hi All

Many thanks guys for that. I also asked over on Mr Mallozzi's webpage, and he kindly confirmed same too. I (for one) am very disappointed that the mag is going. Sure, I can understand that we net-access fans can get our information on-line...here on GW and elsewhere, but call me old-fashioned, but I love the old-school touches of a mag. Plus, the quiz at the back of each edition (usually) was great, particularly if you are in a minority of ONE in the house watching the show!

Anyway, thanks again and thanks to D and D for latitude to ask the question on this thread,

S'n'T
                            "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Now Available:
                              Episode #98 - The Science of SGU

Is it conceivable to power a ship with the stars themselves? Are alien lifeforms like the dust devil and the blue "Space" aliens really evolutionary possibilities? And how does faster-than-light travel work? This week on the GateWorld Podcast we examine the science of Stargate Universe, with a special guest expert on hand to discuss how the television series lines up with real-world science. Astronomer and science fiction writer Diane Turnshek joins David and Darren to talk about all this, and more.

It’s the first of our final three shows of the summer! Stay tuned next week for our discussion of Ancient history, follow by the 100th Episode Bash on August 4.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...cience-of-sgu/
                              Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-07-21.mp3
                              Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode, character, or element of the Ancients and their backstory? What is it about the Ancients that you find most interesting?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Do I need to put on the extra efficient thinking cap for this one?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X