Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I just being blind or did you not yet link yesterday's podcast?

~~~

Anyway, interesting analysis and I agree: Young will not kill off Telford&Rush for good. He could step right in the room after him if he did that *and* it would also be kind of a blow for Jack's career too (since he authorized it).

Laughed out loud when you quibbled Rush's accent in Telford's body.

Personal Quibble: O'Neill seemed awfully supportive and unquestioning of Young, especially in the scenes on Destiny. Ok, Jack sure isn't known to be squeamish when it comes to earth security, but all but endorsing torture when there is no *immediate* threat? Plus letting the guy do it, who went against his orders once and turn his back? Command of the SGC sure changed him, it seems.

Comment

Is it up?

Comment

I called in for this one, as usual it was awkward. My phone display was completely filled "#3" I could not get it right. I finally gave up and I hope it doesn't sound too bad -_-

EDIT: I checked and the podcast is up, it just isn't linked on the page yet.

http://stream.gateworld.net/podcast/...2010-05-26.mp3

Comment

I can't believe you didn't consider this possibility - http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...e-Cliff-Hanger
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Now Available:
            Episode #91 - "Subversion"

"Subversion" kicks Stargate Universe into high gear, paying off some early character and plot set-up from last fall and setting up the two-part season finale. In this week’s podcast we’ll discuss everything from Colonel Telford and the major developments with his character, to Rush and Young and the lengths to which they are willing to go, to the Lucian Alliance and their secret plans. We’ll also talk about Jack and Daniel’s guest appearances, and the many ways in the Stargate universe to brainwash your enemies and “make” new friends. And we’ll hear what listeners thought about this episode, too!

Join the discussion! Next week is Open Line Night on the podcast -- and we want to hear from you. Call the hotline by Saturday and ask a question, suggest a topic, or share your opinion on anything Stargate or sci-fi. David is off to TimeGate 2010 this weekend, so our favorite Tame Farrar will join Darren for Open Line Night.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...st-subversion/
            Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-05-26.mp3
            Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: It’s Open Line Night! Call the hotline by Saturday and ask a question, suggest a topic, or share your opinion on anything Stargate or sci-fi.

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening!
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

On the accent point. Assuming she didn't just hear Telford's voice (as I've assumed with the comm stones to this point), unless Kiva spent a good amount of time on Earth, she probably wouldn't be able to identify Rush's accent as Scottish. She could tell that it wasn't Telford, but wouldn't have the cultural knowledge to narrow down who it could be.

Comment

i liked this podcast no fancy effects and it sounded good. nice changed ( on the new sound effects)
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

On the accent stuff, here's what JM has answered -

Shawn writes: “When people swap bodies via the stones, it’s not like they’re mind-melding or something, so wouldn’t their own natural accent move with them?”

Answer: Oddly, no.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-mailbag-time/
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Now Available:
                    Episode #91 - "Subversion"

"Subversion" kicks Stargate Universe into high gear, paying off some early character and plot set-up from last fall and setting up the two-part season finale. In this week’s podcast we’ll discuss everything from Colonel Telford and the major developments with his character, to Rush and Young and the lengths to which they are willing to go, to the Lucian Alliance and their secret plans. We’ll also talk about Jack and Daniel’s guest appearances, and the many ways in the Stargate universe to brainwash your enemies and “make” new friends. And we’ll hear what listeners thought about this episode, too!...

David and Darren, after the Earth episode aired, I ask Joe Mallozzi if the first name of Telford was a cognate of Jacob, heel grabber. He said that Telford's first name was David. If I knew that you did not know his name, I would have relayed the information to you.

Sorry.
                    Last edited by Jim of WVa; 01 June 2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Now Available:
                      Episode #92 - Open Line Night!

It's Open Line Night on the GateWorld Podcast! This week Darren and David are joined by the magnificent Tame Farrar, GateWorld Forum moderator, to talk about Stargate, science fiction, and whatever is on listeners' minds. We'll discuss how knowing the cast and crew personally affects viewing a show, Stargate dialing, and whether the episode "200" is canon. We'll also give our spoiler-free impressions of the LOST finale, and David will debrief on his trip to the Stargate / Doctor Who fan convention TimeGate in Atlanta last week.

There are a few spoilers for the recently aired SGU episode "Subversion" in our discussions of naquadria and Nicholas Rush, so beware of those segments if you haven't watched that episode yet.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...en-line-night/
                      Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-06-02.mp3
                      Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What did you think of Friday's new episode of Stargate Universe, "Incursion, Part 1?"

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Great Podcast as always....and who WAS that awesome added guest
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                          Great Podcast as always....and who WAS that awesome added guest
                          I don't know, but she sounded like she wasn't wearing any pants...
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Now Available:
                            Episode #92 - Open Line Night!

It's Open Line Night on the GateWorld Podcast! This week Darren and David are joined by the magnificent Tame Farrar, GateWorld Forum moderator, to talk about Stargate, science fiction, and whatever is on listeners' minds. We'll discuss how knowing the cast and crew personally affects viewing a show, Stargate dialing, and whether the episode "200" is canon. We'll also give our spoiler-free impressions of the LOST finale, and David will debrief on his trip to the Stargate / Doctor Who fan convention TimeGate in Atlanta last week...
                            Darren and David,

This may not be a good thing to bring up on the podcast.

A good/bad practical joke for Robert Carlyle to do on the cast and crew would be for him to do one take not as the character "Nicholas Rush" but as the character "Hamish Macbeth".

Jim

:rush:
                            Last edited by Jim of WVa; 02 June 2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Argh. I wanted to send voicemail for this one, but I was late. Maybe next time.
                              Last edited by Egle01; 03 June 2010, 02:58 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi ALL

Just swingin' by to say Howdy!

Now that Europe has caught up (sorta) I'm back!

Loved the Open Line Night.

Re: Sound Effects during podcast, I like 'em! The Stripped back feel to the podcast is good too, but personal preference is the odd sound effect, chevron engaging / wormhole disengaging etc.

Am thinking of putting together a 30 sec opinion on SGU up to Incursion Part 1 for next weeks Podcast....time permitting.

Anyhoo

Best to all

S'n'T
                                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X