No announcement yet.

Peg and Linzi do Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent write up to an awesome day, Peg. So happy you were given special attention and everyone sounds absolutely fantastic. What memories to treasure - meeting Joe AND having lunch with him and pictures. The day sounds like it was perfect. I'm so happy that it was everything you dreamed of. Thank you so very much for sharing with us. Makes me squee just reading about everything you got to see and everyone you got to meet, especially Joe and David. Awesome, just awesome! Thank you! Good to know dreams do come true!

Comment

Thank you so much Peggy and Linzi for sharing such a wonderful, detailed report. I felt a tiny sliver of what it must have been like to be there and experience all that wonderful magic. To the people who work there its an everyday thing but I felt your excitement at being there. Thank you for sharing what it was like to be on set, observing scenes, the conversations and lunch.

I had high hopes this would be an amazing time for you both and I'm glad it sounded that way.

Lol on giving Joe the bottle of Scotch. I've picked up form tiny things in interviews that he enjoys drinking a little and I have this wonderful image of him and Jason enjoying that bottle!

Thank you thank you!

Kristen
      My fanfic-
      http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

That's so amazing!!! I'm so happy for the two of you!!! *grins*

Such a vivid description! I almost feel like I have been there as well!!
        My absolutely amazing sigs are by the very talented CazzBlade, scifan, Susanne, Fainne, Gate Medic, kali1, Pandora, AddyQ, Pic, csom, Stef, Spacemonkey_J., Icarium, Donna Booth, Rachel-Kree, Jill, Torri,
        Achaja, LiliJ, Kazbaby, Dr. Jackson, Maccie, Snowball, Camy, CKO and Luciana!!!

Comment

Thanks for the fantastic write ups, Peggy and Linzi!! Sounds like a major fun day and what you said about David and Joe together was just too cute! True McKay/Shep banter at it´s finest and it wasn´t even "in character"

So sorry to hear about Joe´s dogs though

Really happy for both of you, and congrats on getting these gifts

Well, only one thing left to say here:
          SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
          picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

I haven't had time for GW for some months and what a great way to start with this forum again.

Thank you both very much for sharing this fantastic event with us!
            It's probably the closest I'll get to the set

Please forgive me, I admit I'm green with envy - maybe I look like this:

But I'm also happy for you that this day has been everything you dreamt of - maybe even more.

And what a pity that the memory card has been damaged. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for saving the pics.
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!!

Linzi - you can buy photo recovery software to help with corrupted files

Here's one you could try:
              http://www.imagerecall.com/

We stock this software where I work and have never had any complaints

However there are other similar products, so I'd shop around and ask your local camera/computer store for advice
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                Sounds like you had a fantastic time!!

Linzi - you can buy photo recovery software to help with corrupted files

Here's one you could try:
                http://www.imagerecall.com/

We stock this software where I work and have never had any complaints

However there are other similar products, so I'd shop around and ask your local camera/computer store for advice
                ~Thanks! I'll try that!
                sigpic

Comment

Peg and Linz, thanks so much for the awesomely detailed write-ups and for the wonderful pics! I'm so happy that you two had the time of your lives there and that they all were so nice and kind!

Thanks for sharing the squee with us and I hope this experience will stay with you guys forever!

Thanks to the lovely Pegasus SGA for the awesome sig!

Comment

Thanks for the amazing write ups! I hope Linzi can recover her photos.

I'm looking to seeing the spoiler photos and the stories behind them when you can show them.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Thank you for sharing about your visit! What a fantastic day!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Greetings! I know you don't know me from anyone, but Pavaneofstars linked to your set visit report in her LJ and I had to read it! I've had the wonderful opportunity to visit the sets four times as part of the Vancouver SG cons, but it was always in a group setting - not a personal, all-day visit like you had.

Thanks so much for sharing so much detail in both of your reports. I've always thought it would be so interesting and fun to be able to watch the actual filming - I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought (even though I wouldn't understand much about the process) - so it was fun to read about your experiences. And to have Joe, David, Paul, Robert, and others all come over and chat with you - how very fun and what a great memory!

I also appreciated your comments about the crew, actors and all having such a family feel and desire to make a great show for the fans. I have always had that impression as well, and at the risk of sounding completely sappy, it's one of the things that has drawn me in and caused me to appreciate this particular show on a different level than merely entertainment. (Ok, that sounded kinda weird, eh?)

Anyway, I'm happy that you two had such a fabulous experience and the memories to go with it! Thanks again for sharing so that we could get a taste of what it was like for you.

An appreciative Stargate fan,
                        ~Jennie
                        OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Here's one of my retrieved piccies.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is GW playing silly beggars? I'm struggling to get on.... it could be that I damaged the keyboard or drooled over it one too many times.

Here's some of the Wraith piccies, remember, Andee is 6 foot 1 and errr well we're not.

demonlinz.jpg

demonlinz2.jpg

pegleg.jpg

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the write ups, it's so hard to remember everything, especially with squeeing so much, it kinda disrupts the old braincells. I'll send some to JM and if he says they're not too spoilery i'll post the rest here, but bear in mind they are a bit blurry. Sorry hands were shaky from too much squeeing coffee.

Comment

I apologise for the poor quality of these, unfortunately this is all I could retrieve from my dodgy memory card!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34.../rodwhump2.jpg

The banner David is holding up says: McKay Rocks! says whump Rodney!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                I apologise for the poor quality of these, unfortunately this is all I could retrieve from my dodgy memory card!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34...dSGAsetpic.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34.../rodwhump2.jpg

The banner David is holding up says: McKay Rocks! says whump Rodney!

Well, you can still see they´ve been great sports about it!
                                Thanks for that!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X