No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reposted this over on the Team Flyboy thread.

Hope you all have a wonderful time and I hope to stop in and check out the festivities.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
      I reposted this over on the Team Flyboy thread.

Hope you all have a wonderful time and I hope to stop in and check out the festivities.
      Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        Yes! Yes you do!
        Now that class is out, I just might be able to, although I have to work that day. Saturday is my day to work.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY SHIP DAY

Ship Day Thread
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Someone beat me to it!

Happy Ship Day!!!

Stop on by the Ship Day Thread in the next 24 hours and join in the fun!!!!

by selene0789

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Ship Day!

sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Attention All Shippers: Probies and Veterans

SGSuzi and I decided to lead another Shipper Rewatch and we need volunteers!! The rewatch will take place on the discussion thread here. I'll post the schedule as soon as we've finalized it, but to do that we need your help! We're looking for people to volunteer and do reviews. If you're interested please PM me and let me know how many episodes you'd like to do, if there's any dates you know you won't be around, and if there are any episodes you particularly do or don't want to review. This is a great opportunity for our new members (including me) to share our thoughts about our favorite show and of course our favorite couple!

We're also looking for people that are willing to create banners for season 1 so please let me know if you're willing to make a banner for an individual episode or a general rewatch art! Thanks so much!!

sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to create some S/J artwork and have so far, been taking the pictures from the screen captures/promotional pics on this website. I've seen some manipulations however, that have taken "behind the scenes" and more intimate of the cast horsing around/hugging - anyone knows if there's an archive for those?
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

There are quite a few on the MGM website in their Behind the Scenes shots
                      sigpic

Comment

This is so great! Can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks!
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                          I'm trying to create some S/J artwork and have so far, been taking the pictures from the screen captures/promotional pics on this website. I've seen some manipulations however, that have taken "behind the scenes" and more intimate of the cast horsing around/hugging - anyone knows if there's an archive for those?
                          You can also look through the Ship Day Thread. We often post our favorite behind the scenes images there. You might also find pic you can use on the thunk threads: Sam/AT Thunk; Jack/RDA Thunk.

If there's something specific you're looking for just ask. I've amassed quite a collection over the years and I'm sure others have to. Amongst us we can probably find it for you.
                          Last edited by hlndncr; 22 August 2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

hlndncr, your images have given me so much inspiration - some are done (unconsciously sometimes!) in tribute to you.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              hlndncr, your images have given me so much inspiration - some are done (unconsciously sometimes!) in tribute to you.
                              Wow. Thanks! I'm so honored.

I was thinking your banners are so beautiful that I need to get out my PS and try and mimic them.

I'm so glad we can inspire one another.

Comment

Curiously though, is there a tool in your photo-imaging software that you find you use the most often?

Ever since I started out doing S/J, I've needed to use a few filters like sharpen/lighting adjustments (which can be very harsh in Photoshop), but mostly, I'm always spending time trying to cut-out (via Eraser/Magic Wand tool) the figures from their original background to blend them into the one I've chosen. The hardest thing that I've had to do is make it look like S/J belong in the new background and I just don't know quite how to do just that yet.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X