X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine:

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789
      Here's my second offering. I like it more than my first, but something is still off... What do you guys think?

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps88d71f22.jpg
      The lower left corner feels awkward to me.
      edited to added:
      The rest of it is really nice. For the lower left maybe a hint of a "positive" sam/jack? I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789
        Here's my second offering. I like it more than my first, but something is still off... What do you guys think?
        I was thinking you could sharpen the images, especially Jack's one (unless you're going for the gaussian/film blur look), and maybe decrease the saturation especially on the skin tones.

As for the text, perhaps play around with different sizing. E.g. Key words get a bigger font, or a different colour, or even a different font.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

they're looking *at* something - what? obviously not each other, so they need some sort of a focus because they are not looking out at the audience either. It's not really clear what they are looking so concerned and/or wistful about. how about a "dream" image where their vision is directed

something along this line?

also, you might gently fade the cello strings as they come up to Sam's face or make sure there's a good sharp distinction for the edge of her cheek. Right now, it looks a tiny bit like the strings are piercing her.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

The artie was meant to be an ode to "Unending", what with the cello and all, and the aspect of time. Nola, you have a great idea about having a fade-in of what they're thinking about... that's what Jack is technically there for. It was meant to be Sam thinking of Jack. I guess it didn't come across that way.

Maybe if I found a screen cap of the ship frozen in time with the Ori blast about to hit, and then played around with some of the other pics' sizes...

Ikorni, I love your idea too! I played with the font for hours before I ended up just changing it back to the way it was. Though, that might be my neurosis acting up. I have a thing for clean, straight lines, so wonky text just never seems to look right when I do it. Maybe if I had fewer words, it'd be easier to work with... I'll have to think about that one...

And for skin tones, if you're talking about the blue-ness... That's something I stumbled upon that I thought actually worked well. See, the constituent Sam and Jack images were of different "temperatures"-- Sam's was pale, with the blue light of the computer ruining my attempts to warm her up a bit to match Jack... So I shifted Jack's to match hers, and they just so happened to tie in to the blue of the "clocks" image.

But if that's not what you were talking about, then please disregard.

I'll post the newer version once I've played around with it some more...

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              Thanks for the input guys!

{{snip}}
              Maybe if I found a screen cap of the ship frozen in time with the Ori blast about to hit, and then played around with some of the other pics' sizes...

{{snip}}

I'll post the newer version once I've played around with it some more...
              I can get that cap for you. Let me know if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                I can get that cap for you. Let me know if you need it.
                That would be AWESOME! My software is horrible for screencapping. Well, I say software, but odds are I'm just horrible at using it. Either way... YES PLEASE!!

Comment

That would be AWESOME! My software is horrible for screencapping. Well, I say software, but odds are I'm just horrible at using it. Either way... YES PLEASE!!
                  Yasureyoubetcha!

This (Ori_blast_ship_explodes) is single frame caps of the final scene of the Ori blast and the ship exploding. It's a 20 MB zip file of 118 PNG files. I know there isn't much variance frame-to-frame but I think you should be the one to choose which frame to use. If you need something else just holler.
                  Last edited by UhSir; 25 January 2013, 12:37 PM. Reason: update link

Comment

Yasureyoubetcha!

This (Ori_blast_ship_explodes) is single frame caps of the final scene of the Ori blast and the ship exploding. It's a 20 MB zip file of 118 PNG files. I know there isn't much variance frame-to-frame but I think you should be the one to choose which frame to use. If you need something else just holler.
                    Wahoo! Gracias. I really appreciate it! I'll be playing around with these today...

Edit: Actually, I just tried the link, and it says the file is blocked...

Comment

May I join to the challenge?

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/...ps06f3c9de.jpg
                      Last edited by jasminaGo; 02 February 2013, 07:15 AM. Reason: oversized image

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfairy View Post
                        May I join to the challenge?
                        Why not? It's for everyone! And the more, the better!
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Wahoo! Gracias. I really appreciate it! I'll be playing around with these today...

Edit: Actually, I just tried the link, and it says the file is blocked...
                          Grrrrr!

Okay, try this link. *crosses fingers*
                          Last edited by UhSir; 25 January 2013, 12:35 PM. Reason: add new link

Comment

Grrrrr!

Okay, try this link. *crosses fingers*
                            Got 'em! These are perfect! Thanks!

Comment

I like the ship between them! (In a way, it was)

as to the text - the way it reads right now looks like this:
                              Hour by hour
                              I weep and weep
                              plays on and on
                              But still my heart

see - it doesn't make sense. The last two lines need to be reversed so that on and on comes last. I'd recommend losing the first part all together, and just go with "But still my heart plays on and on" - that way you bring in the musical component. The time component is implied in "still" and "on and on" which compliments the clock.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                I like the ship between them! (In a way, it was)

as to the text - the way it reads right now looks like this:
                                Hour by hour
                                I weep and weep
                                plays on and on
                                But still my heart

see - it doesn't make sense. The last two lines need to be reversed so that on and on comes last. I'd recommend losing the first part all together, and just go with "But still my heart plays on and on" - that way you bring in the musical component. The time component is implied in "still" and "on and on" which compliments the clock.
                                That's a good idea. I thought the second part looked weird, but switching to how it should be looked a little boring with the top the way it was... But your idea works it out perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X