The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    ROFL I had to switch back to the old one with a cord.....Naomi would run off with the cordless one, clicking away....it'd scramble up the screen as she was running off giggling...little monster
    ROFL!!!! If only I could have seen that happen...it sounds cute ....and I know how it feels...coz my brothers(yes those of 22 and 24) do it to me often(I have a cordless one on my computer)

Dad is different...he just takes the whole keyboard and starts talking to my online friends

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Hey guys, can you acces photobucket? Cause I can't
    Yup...I only have problems with GW loading...one time it works...other time doesn't
    sigpic

Comment

I guess it's only me then. I get a message from some group of hackers, but most of it isn't in English and I don't understand the language. It won't even let me on the start page.
      sigpic

Comment

I guess it's only me then. I get a message from some group of hackers, but most of it isn't in English and I don't understand the language. It won't even let me on the start page.
        aw no. Did you try to clean your computer and all...reboot it...etc...maybe that could work...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
          aw no. Did you try to clean your computer and all...reboot it...etc...maybe that could work...
          I tried everything I can think off, but nothing works, I can't even see pics from pb that are posted on GW.
          sigpic

Comment

I tried everything I can think off, but nothing works, I can't even see pics from pb that are posted on GW.
            ...that sucks...maybe its just temporarly...or only in your country...that could be it...I hope it goes away soon...

also tried a virus scan or so?
            sigpic

Comment

ROFL I had to switch back to the old one with a cord.....Naomi would run off with the cordless one, clicking away....it'd scramble up the screen as she was running off giggling...little monster
              Naomi

I've done that before, to my friend called Naomi...
              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                ...that sucks...maybe its just temporarly...or only in your country...that could be it...I hope it goes away soon...

also tried a virus scan or so?
                Yup, with 2 diferent anti-virus programs. Nothing. Maybe the problem isn't here but in pb. In which case I hope they fix it soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Jasmina that's awful! Have you tried a System Restore? If it's something that's hacked onto your pc setting your system back a day or two before it started might cure the problem. It won't affect your files, just any downloads you've made.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    Oh, if only! I find the free select and the intelli-scissors quite hard to work with
                    That magnetic lasso sounds perfectly wonderful!

I still haven't figured out how to get those stupid scissor things to work

I use the Paths tool, enlarge the pic to 400% - sometimes bigger if its tiny, then click path to selection, invert and cut. It takes ages, but the results are good. I used it for the SOM sig.

Speaking of SOM, I just borrowed it from a friend cos my kids have never seen it!!!!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    Oh dear...this may be a tad too depressing...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...OPcard0616.jpg
                    Ohhhhhh! *weeps* I really missed seeing stuff like this!

It's a brush called Arrogance. I use it in the eraser function. I love it.
                    Eraser function?????? Hmmmmm....never thought of that.....*opens gimp to play*

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                    I think I like the Forever, it seems more... I don't know, more MOPy I guess,
                    Forever, Confirmation etc
                    plus it makes it more pink and fluffified
                    Marvellous addition to the shiptionary AA!

*sigh* I've been trying to Gimp "Fluffy" all morning. It just isn't coming out right. Guess I'll have to stick to the darker, more angsty stuff for now.
                    Please do!!!! *does the happy dance cos the general's joining the cavern dwellers*

*conveniently ignores pink fluffy stuff*
                    Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
                    I've been trying too... but I can't get anything to work right. LOL

But I found a really cool tutorial on color contrasting. HERE (I'm sorry if it has been posted before.)

So I have been playing with that... but still nothing... but angst! *sigh*
                    Thanks for posting this!!!! I've seen sigs using that technique and wondered how it was done.

I did see a few short cuts that could be used while I was reading the tut tho

Like you don't need to open the pic in separate window to greyscale it, you can just duplicate the layer and desaturate the copy.

Also, you don't need to open an alpha chanel on the colour image. You just cut away the parts of the colour image you don't want. I just tried it on this pic of Sam...

I did it quickly to see how it would work...so the cutting out isn't very neat. I used the eraser and free select - I think I'll use the path selection tool next time.

Cos of the original colour of the shot, the eyes looked kinda red....

So I used the Layers>Colourise to make them look blue, then added a gentle softglow to the b&w layer, and finally lightened it up a little.

Hmm, not quite sure I got the colour right there, but the actual making of the effect is really simple! Thanks again Madaline!

*hypervenilates*

I don't have a WoO Kiss pic!!!!

*dies of embarrassment*

Could someone please post one?
                    Shameful! *runs to check caps folder*
                    sigpic

Comment

Now this one worked well
                      sigpic

Comment

*sigh* I've been trying to Gimp "Fluffy" all morning. It just isn't coming out right. Guess I'll have to stick to the darker, more angsty stuff for now.

Yes, josiane, send me a link! The MOP site is getting so slow, I didn't have the heart to post pic with the Shiptionary.
                        Hehe - how funny! I've been wanting to make some angsty artwork for ages, but all I can make is fluff...IO think we need to swap

Thanks, Aveo!

My attempt at fluff for the day:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a.../dreamcard.jpg

I know...it's pink. *sigh*
                        ahhhhh - beautiful Great work
                        sigpic

Comment

Now this one worked well
                          Very very well!

Here is my atempt at Fluff... I think I just need to go and crawl back under my rock.

Spoiler for size
                          Spoiler:
                          Last edited by madaline_7; 17 June 2008, 07:33 PM. Reason: size
                          Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                          You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Gimp%20Tut%20stuff/Danielbandanablueeyes.jpg

Now this one worked well
                            Thunk it did! I mean, yes, it thunk! I mean...D'oh! Sorry Jack!

Madaline, I LOOOOOOOVE your latest! Where did you get that texture!? I vote that Madaline does the next tut! Very, very well done!
                            sigpic

Comment

madaline love the wally

WOOHOO PB is back *happy dances*

Thanks guys for the advices but the problem wasn't in my computer, I just went to bed last night, and this morning it worked
                              sigpic

Comment

*phew* That must have been a major relief! *huggles pb - I don't know what I'd do if I lost access to my pb account *

madaline - great WP It's really effective. *seconds luvnjack's nomination*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X