My Awesome Stargate Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Awesome Stargate Cake

Alright...so i visit the gateworld site a couple times a week and love it..

i never visited the board before but i had something to show that i thought everyone here would appreciate so i joined up just for this.

My girlfriend works at the local BJ's Bakery and had her boss create this master piece...

i was blown away like you would not believe. I jumped, i laughed, i hooted i clapped. I even went down to grab a bunch of my random figures to pose with the cake...

the occasion even called on me to open my double of Black Ops Teal'c...

so yeah...i have to add that it spun and lit up as well! this guy spent like 20 hours on it. Best Birthday cake ever!

Originally posted by Jelden View Post

i never visited the board before but i had something to show that i thought everyone here would appreciate so i joined up just for this.

My girlfriend works at the local BJ's Bakery and had her boss create this master piece...
    Wow, that is really a cool cake. Hope it was delicious!

Thanks for sharing!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Very cool!!

This might top it, though.

Have you ever seen the show "Ace of Cakes" on Food Network. It's about this guy that runs a cake shop in the Boston area and each episode feature 3 cakes that are just insane.

Anyway, I went to the bakery's website and they have pics of all the cakes they've ever done....I'm looking through their "fun" category....and I'm seeing the Death Star, TIE fighters, even the ship Serenity from "Firefly", but the whole reason I went there was to see if they had done this, and they did....

I e-mailed them. You can have your very own for $975. LOL
      Attached Files
      Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
      Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
      Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
      Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
      Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
      Con-Version Calgary 2010
      C2E2 2013-2015
      TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
      Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
      Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
      FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
        Very cool!!

Have you ever seen the show "Ace of Cakes" on Food Network. It's about this guy that runs a cake shop in the Boston area and each episode feature 3 cakes that are just insane.

Anyway, I went to the bakery's website and they have pics of all the cakes they've ever done....I'm looking through their "fun" category....and I'm seeing the Death Star, TIE fighters, even the ship Serenity from "Firefly", but the whole reason I went there was to see if they had done this, and they did....

The show Ace of Cakes is in Baltimore MD not Boston MA. I made my family promise to get me a cake from them for my 40th birthday in 9 years. They figure that they have time to save for the cake. I had a stargate on my cake but it was just a sheet cake with a picture transfer from wal mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelden View Post

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/7ca0207b.jpg

i was blown away like you would not believe. I jumped, i laughed, i hooted i clapped. I even went down to grab a bunch of my random figures to pose with the cake...
          Wheee! A very cool cake indeed! The gate actually lit up AND spun around you say? Oh wow...how awesome is that? I'd be just as excited I think!

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
          Very cool!!

hehe...I have to admit I do love watching that show whenever I'm able to catch it. I just love their creativity...and hey, $975 for a stargate cake? A drop in the bucket. j/k

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
          The show Ace of Cakes is in Baltimore MD not Boston MA. I made my family promise to get me a cake from them for my 40th birthday in 9 years. They figure that they have time to save for the cake. I had a stargate on my cake but it was just a sheet cake with a picture transfer from wal mart.
          I've never had a stargate birthday, but that would definitely be cool even if the cake was bought at Walmart. Hope it was a fun day!
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 07 December 2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Both cakes are pretty darn impressive. Although, I can't say I would spend $975 on a CAKE!!! I always wondered when I watched that show how much they cost. Yikes!

Comment

Working...
            X