This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocket4477
    I think it's considered Ultimate because the Director's Cut is on there.
    Actually, the Director's Cut was on the previous DVD edition as well.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Oh. Never mind then. We'll just say that calling it "The Ultimate Editon" was a marketing gimic.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
        Oh. Never mind then. We'll just say that calling it "The Ultimate Editon" was a marketing gimic.
        Yes, we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          Actually, the Director's Cut was on the previous DVD edition as well.
          But was it included on a separate disc?
          END OF LINE

Comment

Roland and Emmerich were unlucky. Unlike George Lucas and his Star Wars movies the rights to the story were bought by MGM and Emmerich and Devlin did not own the rights to their story therefore MGM could do what they liked. Devlin and Emmerich were asked to AUDITION for the TV show franchise. At that point they were disgusted at having to audition for something they spawned. Quite rightly so, pah! Anyway, I think it seems though that Dean Devlin was the man who had the biggest uproar and complaint about Stargate, even though it was Roland's idea originally. Roland has went on to do other stuff than Stargate, but the bitter Devlin has not. Not too keen on Devlin because he feels so spiteful against SG-1 and his partner in crime doesn't.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
            from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

The Ultimate Edition DVD I have is only one disc...some of you guys have an Ultimate Edition with 2 discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                The Ultimate Edition DVD I have is only one disc...some of you guys have an Ultimate Edition with 2 discs?
                Yep. One for the Director's Cut (with Russell on the label) and one for the Theatrical Cut (with Spader on the label). I suppose it's not really necessary to include an entirely separate disc for a mere 9 minutes of different footage, but it does make the set seem a bit more "ultimate".
                END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                  But was it included on a separate disc?
                  No, I believe it was done with seamless branching. They should have done this for the 'Ultimate Edition', too. Using a whole disc on a slightly different version of the movie is a waste. If they had included a second disc filled with extras instead, then it would truly be "ultimate".

For a look at how it should have been done, look no further than to the first DVD release of ID4: Both versions of the movie on disc 1, lotsa extra goodies on disc 2.

Comment

Working...
                  X