• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ISP do you have, Shadow?

Comment

Originally posted by David
      What ISP do you have, Shadow?
      Oh, like I'd tell you. It'd be frontpage news on Gateworld: Shadow Blogs Gatecon! No way, dude. I'm safe in my relative anonymity. Thus far.

Comment

Well I have Earthlink and know plenty of local numbers with no additional fees, but ok.

Comment

Well I have Earthlink and know plenty of local numbers with no additional fees, but ok.
          Doesn't the hotel charge crazy fees, though? And ISP, well, that's another story, I guess. I actually have a couple. Sticky situation I haven't worked out yet. Earthlink might be one of them...

Comment

I don't remember any fees. I do suppose there are a couple.

Comment

I don't remember any fees. I do suppose there are a couple.
              I thought the hotel charged for everything. Reminds me of the Vineyard, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I thought the hotel charged for everything. Reminds me of the Vineyard, actually.
                That all depend on the hotel, actually. I'm quite surprised how many of them offer free broadband access, but the ones who don't charge outrageously.

What Vineyard?
                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                once done, cannot be undone...
                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Best Western Local Calling Fees:
                  First 30 Mins: Free
                  After 30: 10 cents per minute.

I'm bringing my stopwatch.

You can't cheat it by going 29 mins and calling again. It totals up as if it were one great-long call all week..

Eeh, I can shovel it.

Comment

With my net addiction, I'm better off composing everything before-hand, logging on long enough to post it, and then signing off again.

Of course, then there's trying to keep up with Gateworld. I don't know if I can manage that. Don't know if I can do without, either. It's an evil, evil drug...

Oh, and Vineyard as in Martha's Vineyard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      With my net addiction, I'm better off composing everything before-hand, logging on long enough to post it, and then signing off again.
                      That sounds like a money-saving option. I noticed that Gatecon is at a Best Western. I think it's a local decision, but I stayed at two BW hotels this year that had free broadband or wireless access.

I thought you were talking about Martha's. I was there this past Spring and probably going back late summer. Couldn't get my ISP to work there, though. Had to console myself with just drinking.

Sorry...off topic. If you do decide to blog, it would be great if you want to share!
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I still miss that little cybercafe across the street. *sigh* And they had this cool sitting area with games. There was this one that had a bunch of cards with partial sayings on it... absolutely hysterical when taken out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                          Gatecon is still 3 months away but I thought in honor of the new forum we could start our GW rollcall. Here it is as far as I can remember (please don't hurt me if I forgot you), please add your name and info.

NAME, SEKH'S PARTY, CITY TOUR, OUTER REGIONS TOUR, STUDIO TOUR (if available)
                          ABHarding
                          Sekh's Party NO
                          City Tour NO
                          Outer Regions Tour No
                          Studio Tour No

But I would love to met up with the people on this list.
                          ABHarding

Sheppard: You think it's worth checking out?
                          McKay: Any significant energy emission generally indicates technological civilization.
                          Sheppard: So... you think it's worth checking out?
                          McKay: [sarcastically] I'm sorry. Yes. Energy field good.

Comment

Best Western Local Calling Fees:
                            First 30 Mins: Free
                            After 30: 10 cents per minute.

I'm bringing my stopwatch.

You can't cheat it by going 29 mins and calling again. It totals up as if it were one great-long call all week..

Eeh, I can shovel it.
                            Or you can go wireless.

Susan - piggybacking...
                            Furlings, they sound cute. Like Ewoks. --- SG-1

sigpic

sig by Mala50. You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokmonster
                              Or you can go wireless.

Susan - piggybacking...
                              And... how do you do that, if I may ask? I know I saw the wifi hotpoint thing in the lobby, but I couldn't remember the addy and the Telus website was too much trouble for me to navigate. I'm a lazy girl.

Have ya run into Davey yet? Such a cute lil' puppy. Well, big puppy. Tall. Very tall... Will be ready for dinner tonight and am honing my reflexes to duck out of view of the camera.

Cya guys 'round!

Comment

Finally figured out how to go wireless. Now I need to find out how to lodge an official complaint with the Con staff. There is someone here wearing an "I hate Pete" shirt and it offends me deeply. I also find it incredibly embarrasing. There's stating your opinions, but then there's having some tact about it- particularly when the actors are going to be here! Will be around.

Comment

Working...
                                X