Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updated the list, unfortunately Shipperahoy won't be able to join in in the fun.

NAME, SEKH'S PARTY, CITY TOUR, OUTER REGIONS TOUR

Skydiver - no, no, no
    MAL - no, no, yes
    Suethelurker - yes, no, no
    Diane - yes, no, no
    Feli, yes, no, yes
    Norlioness - yes, yes, yes
    Jynjyr - yes, yes, yes
    Gilder -
    David, no, no, no
    Ruralstar -
    Glenda---No, No, No
    Scarym - no,
    ShadowMaat - yes, no, no
    Xathras - yes, no, yes

Comment

i got my plane tickets today!!!! Only the packing to do now. I had a letter today. It was a Dr's appointment. The appointment is for 12 noon on the day I get back to the UK! Had to get that changed :-).

See you all soon!!!!

Comment

Hey guys! I spoke with Richard about the possibility of us all getting some tables together at the Gatecon convention for a little GateWorld Get-Together. He says because of the concert there's not going to BE any tables at the cocktail party! He says they've got to get the room turned around for the concert following. Also the party as a whole will be much shorter due to the concert. We might have to come up with something else for a GateWorld Get-Together.

Comment

I'm not keen on the cocktail party anyway. There are never enough seats, the food is mediocre at best and the temperature in the room is slightly above absolute zero. Or is it below? I've forgotten.

There's a nice pub down the road, but I don't know how many of us it could accomodate. Or the pizza place across the street. That's always a popular hangout. Cronos.

Comment

I liked Cronos a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by David
              I liked Cronos a lot.
              I really like Cronos too. My friends and I went there at least three times last year. I got a pic of all my friends standing outside the restaurant.

The cocktail party last year was boring. My friends and I stayed for about 10 minutes and then we went and had our own party in our room. Unless some of the Actors plan to show up, I don't see much use in going to the cocktail party. I think a get together over at Cronos would be great. Maybe some tables could be reserved there?
              sigpic
              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

i've never been keen on the cocktail party. like you said, mediocre food, overpriced drinks ($2 for a 12 oz glass of soda????) and just standing around is boring.

and i agree, it would be 'worth it' if the actors showed up, but i guess they don't mingle with us lowly fans anymore

(in reality, i think it's voluntary for them to show up, they're likely busy)

I personally don't plan to attend the concert. I would rather spend time with friends than deal with too loud music that likely isn't even to my taste (i'm boring, i like the oldies <G>)

Cronos is good, so is Boston Pizza (pizza joint two blocks to the east)

cronos is used to us, although i don't know if they're expecting us in july instead of sept.

Both places seem to be pretty accomodating and the food is good at both...although i think the service is a wee bit better at boston pizza.

david, since you're highest ranking GW'er here, wanna pick a time and place?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, think I've eaten at Boston Pizza, too. Bit more of a walk, but still nice, and if it's where I think it is there's a nifty gelato place on the way back. I can also appreciate the irony of flying 3,000 miles to eat at a Boston Pizza.

Comment

yeah, it's funny. go all the way to canada and eat pizza

safer than the Ahi tuna in some restaurants though

still, after the hotel's food, it's a nice break to know that there are two dependable places to get a good meal

sigpic

Comment

Well, with Richard talking that the coctail party will be cut dramatically shorter with a concert afterward, I think we need to take it to a vote at just who would like to attend the mini party and concert. Personally I'd rather be with all of you guys.

What does everyone say we show up at the cocktail party, hang for ten or fifteen minutes to get everyone together, and then take off to Cronos, perhaps go back and check in on the concert, and if it's not appealing, crash someone's hotel room?

Comment

Not planning to attend the coctail party or concert at all, but I'll lurk ominously in the hallway for the rest of you to catch up.

Comment

i can lurk, presuming my friends and i aren't out to dinner (that's what we usually do in lieu of the cocktail party)

maybe if y'all raid a room, stick a note on the bulletin board in the lobby for any late comers

you know, 'gateworld room party room XXX from 8-10' or whatever

sigpic

Comment

Other opinions? I know there's more Gatecon folks than the three of us

Comment

Gosh, David, aren't you going to make a poll about it?

Comment

Actually a poll might be the most handy in this case just to weigh what everyone would like to do and then crunch the results. But naah. I'd rather read detailed responses to what everyone wants to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X