Visiting Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting Vancouver

I will be in the area of Vancouver soon. Is there anything Stargate related that one can see there? Are they still filming at the end of Sept?? Help!
    sigpic

The All Seeing Eye

Originally posted by eye doc View Post
    I will be in the area of Vancouver soon. Is there anything Stargate related that one can see there? Are they still filming at the end of Sept?? Help!
    There are a ton of things, from the studio itself to shooting locations. I have been to Vancouver many times, pm me if you want me to point you in the right direction.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

There are a ton of places to see. There's all the various locations used in the stargate series. For example, go to Frasier University and you're at Tollana. There's entire lists of loations you can visit. I don't know the list. However, if you're interested in finding out the locations, post in the 2008 Vancouver con thread and ask anyone there if they know the list of stargate filming locations. Someone should be able to help you out. Note that some locations are on private property, therefore you CAN NOT enter unless you get the property owner's permission. A case in point is Jack's Cabin by the lake. Don't get yourself in trouble by trying to sneak around someone's property!

As for seeing the studio, the best you can do is stay at Accents, the hotel right across the street from Bridge studios and peer out the window and see when people come and go. Bridge Studios offers no public tours, especially during filming hours. There are a few places right around Bridge where actors and producers tend to hang out, so scope out those places on a regular basis and you're bound to run into someone. (I don't even know the filming schedule, so there may not even be anyone there filming for stargate when you arrive in Vancouver. But there could be people around. Don't go expecting to meet anyone, because you very well may not meet anyone. But there's always a chance, though).

As for tourist attractions, if you're not afraid of heights, go to the Capilano Suspension bridge. Great attraction!

here's also the water front attractions, the zoo and loads of other places. Google "Vancouver" and i'm sure you will find many tourist attractions and points of interest.

Comment

You may also want to visit rdanderson.com. The site was recently updated with many Stargate and MacGyver locations. The info shows the show and then the actual address - pretty cool!!

Don't know if their still filiming the movie but there is enough around town from the series that you shouldn't want when you want to 're-live' some of you're fav moments.

Vancouver is one of the coolest cities I've ever been to.
        sigpic
        Vancouver 2010
        Chicago 2010
        Chicago 2011
        Jack's CSM

Comment

Working...
        X