please help me save our videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help me save our videos

hey, i'm new around this part of town, but come asking your help.

i dont know if anyone has noticed, or anyone has had this done to them, but loads of music videos and stargate fan videos in general are being deleted daily and the owners have been accused of copy write. my friend's youtube account got deleted just the other day, right after youtube was forced to remove some of her best videos. now i think this is just wrong.

i am writing letter to MGM....(or an email, could be one of two) explaining that myself, and many other people i'm sure, are angry about this. here is what i have written so far

"Dear MGM

I am writing to inform you of your cruelty towards us loyal fans of Stargate who have made fan videos and have had them deleted and been accused of copy write.

The fact is, we aren’t trying to use our fan videos for any personal gain except for fun. We earn no money what so ever while making these videos and think it’s unfair of you to force youtube.com to delete them. These fan videos actually help make both sg1 and Atlantis more popular. Without them I am sure that I would not be as involved in the Stargate community as I am today, and I am sure that goes for many other people as well. It is possible that we helped you earn money. So, why stop? Again, we are not making these videos for any prophet only for fun. We are all one giant fan base and all we want to do is enjoy other peoples videos and see how they interperate the brilliant episodes. We aren’t trying to steal the show. We would never do that because we love it so much. So I don’t understand why you’re doing this to us.

We are loyal fans and we don’t expect to be treated like this, and accused of copy write. Without the show’s giant fan base, it’s meaningless. So without us where would you be? You’re deleting a form of expression. We have come so far as a society and now our views and opinions are suppressed because you think we’re trying to steal from you? "

if you have anything you would like me to add email me at "[email protected]"

i am also going to start a petition which anyone can sign. all that is requires is you're first name and email address. if you want to be on the list also email me at [email protected]

please help me =]
    ~hugs & kisses~
    alex
    Last edited by xalexrose1039x; 04 April 2007, 06:39 AM.

I don't really know what to say, I don't create any myself and don't really watch them, but the fact is that the images used in music videos and the like do belong to the copywrite owners - MGM and Sony. Unless you have permission from them then I believe that technically you are breaking copywrite law by using the image. They aren't the only ones putting a stop to this. Other tv companies have been having images removed from Youtube from shows they own.
    sigpic

Comment

I would suggest you get someone to proofread your letter/email before you send it - your use of the phrase "accused of copy write" makes no sense. Perhaps you mean to say "accused of copyright infringement"?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I would suggest you get someone to proofread your letter/email before you send it - your use of the phrase "accused of copy write" makes no sense. Perhaps you mean to say "accused of copyright infringement"?
        yhus, i noticed that. we're far from posting it. its only a starting point and many people have pointed it out to me. but thanks anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          i understand, yes we are breaking rules. we may be breaking them, but the only thing that comes out of breaking them is good. we have fun, and stargate becomes more popular maybe even earns, so i dont see why they are so worried about it? we aren't getting any money or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by xalexrose1039x View Post
            i understand, yes we are breaking rules. we may be breaking them, but the only thing that comes out of breaking them is good. we have fun, and stargate becomes more popular maybe even earns, so i dont see why they are so worried about it? we aren't getting any money or anything.
            I understand how you feel. It is art, you are using the thing you love most, and you feel violated every time someone takes you art away. It is illegal though. I think the reason they take them off youtube is that some people are not just doing it for fun, and the studio has to cover its *%s. If they just stop everyone no one can say someone else gets away with it. I know that does not help, and I love the videos people make, I just do not want you to get in trouble.
            Music and Stargate
            sigpic
            Perfection

Comment

As a vidder who was deleted I was not surprised... just surprised it didn't happen earlier. But who needs you tube anyway when we have this place...http://stargatesg1.com/default.aspx?home=1

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

Working...
              X