Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SG Sites

Hi,
    My name is Hawk, and I have just started a new SG forum just liek this one, and i have made this forum so that others can inform people of new SG sites as they are discovered.

The address is:
    sg1gateway.xpt.net

-Hawk

It's not an encouraging sign as to the quality of a fan site when the name of one of the regular cast members is mis-spelled in the title of her own discussion thread/forum....
    sigpic

Comment

Forum looks a little biased since Cameron Mitchell, Vala Mal Doran, and Hank Landry don't have forums.

The free forum hosting and low quality template put me off.

He spelled the name right in the description of her forum.

Also the admin cheating his posts.
      Last edited by mikeroq; 29 March 2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
        Forum looks a little biased since Cameron Mitchell, Vala Mal Doran, and Hank Landry don't have forums.

The free forum hosting and low quality template put me off.

He spelled the name right in the description of her forum.

Also the admin cheating his posts.
        Just out of intrest what do you mean by cheating
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
          Just out of intrest what do you mean by cheating
          I have looked at other sites and they just don't match up to the quality of this site.
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Cut the guy some slack!

It's hard to set up a site...give it a couple of weeks...if there's no improvement then you can be critical...It takes a while to get into the swing of things with regards to web design, layout and ettiquete
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by GatewayHawk View Post
              Hi,
              My name is Hawk, and I have just started a new SG forum just liek this one, and i have made this forum so that others can inform people of new SG sites as they are discovered.

The address is:
              sg1gateway.xpt.net

-Hawk

Not bad mate but if you can you might want to find a template that will better suit your banner either that or try to design one that matches the template that your using now I agree with the free forum hosting thing but thats only because you are really limiuted as to what you can do with your forum and normally limited as to the types of template you can have, usually without upgrade options i.e. adding spoiler tags and the like

Comment

Yeah well, They banned my other account, but I am back, and I have changed the skin, not the crappy blue thing that I had there, and I have changed the smilies, added a C BOX made it easier to register and look around the forum.
                I haven't added a few cast members because I don't like them, Landry is Okay, but i like Hammond better, and Mitchell's is just annoying as far as I am concerned, so my site remains clean of them.
                So anyways, take a look, you might like it, I made it because I think that GateWorld, although a great site, is getting a little bit overcrowded.
                Oh, and what do you mean by I am "cheating" my posts?? I have an overly large post count because of all the pictures I had to upload, as an afterthought I should have used a SiteEdit profile and then deleted it, but I didn't, so I have degraded my post count.
                One of the better things I did was to add a ranking system on the site, so now you get a USAF rank to go with your profile!!

And Anyways, I made this thread to tell other people about other SG Sites they find, I have been helping a friend make his own site, it is called The Iris and it can be found at the following:
                The Iris

-Gate_Hawk
                Last edited by Gate_Hawk; 01 August 2007, 03:48 PM. Reason: Needed to add more info.
                [URL=http://www.sg1gateway.xpt.net/]

Comment

This topic has died, I recommend that the Mods close it.

-Gate_Hawk
                  [URL=http://www.sg1gateway.xpt.net/]

Comment

Working...
                  X