2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bar View Post
    Merry Christmas to all watching the 2008 con thread. I had to rescue the thread from falling off the front page...
    Hope you and everyone else who lurk on this thread had a very merry Xmas, and no doubt will have a very merry New Year!

2013, no Vancouver Con, a sad thought. So I cheer myself up with memories of this great con year and wish all a happy and prosperous New Year!

Perhaps a ten year 2008 Con attendee reunion in Vancouver would be a nice thought, AG may be able to organise another Fan Party! Joe M may have another great restaurant he could recommend since Fuel closed down earlier this year.

Comment

Hi all
      Hope you all had a good Christmas.
      Happy New year to each.
      Glad to see you are still keeping this thread alive and yes, a 10 year reunion sounds like fun. Maybe by 2018 there will be a new con in Vancouver to bring us all together who knows?

Have a great 2013 every body
      Sech
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hi there everyone . Quick Test to see who Lurks in this Quad ... All good in Chilly South West Ireland .... Still Cheffing away .. Charlies Whistler { Watch Out } I'll be over in 10 months for my Cube Roll ... Best Steak ever ..
          Last edited by Master Bray Tack; 14 January 2013, 10:31 AM. Reason: Spelling error
          CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
          Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
          Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
          Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
          Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
          Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

It's been freezing in Phoenix.....go figure. There's a freeze warning until 9am tomorrow morning. People are told to keep pool pumps on overnight so water pipes don't freeze. So much for a not-so-cold winter here.

EDT: the freeze warning has been extended to Wednesday morning 9am.
            Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 14 January 2013, 08:53 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Here is an appeal from Amanda but it impacts on all those actors and crew we love from the Stargate shows and Sanctuary. I would especially urge all the BC residents to sign. You are the people the BC politicians will listen to:

This is important. Show the love and please sign. Many thanks. Xo Lets keep this film industry alive. http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/SAVE_BC_FILM/?wtvxRdb ...

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Good Morning Vancouver!!!

Just thought I'd mention I'm here again...

Deeds xxx
                sigpic

Comment

Lucky

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    Good Morning Vancouver!!!

Just thought I'd mention I'm here again...

Deeds xxx
                    Back in your second home! Are you still here? The sun came out finally today, you got a crap deal with the weather though, wetter than usual! Shame there's no more Stargate conventions but at least the scenery is still there and I still love the place even in the rain.

Comment

Wasn't that bad actually....we had 2 days of rain during our stay in Downtown, but as we had no need of sightseeing stuff we just chilled around the town, shopped, hung out with the guys at the door of the Pan P etc....we flew home from Seattle on Friday evening though....took the Amtrak down there from Van on Thurs a.m....weather in Seattle was sunnyish and very mild....came home on Saturday to bitterly cold east winds, rain and horrible UK weather, which is still with us....sadly I'd take the warm, mild rain of Vancouver over the later Winter crap we've got over here anyday...

Didn't really miss the Vancon this year though....haven't really participated fully in one since 2010 so the pull of it wasn't so bad...ECCC more than made up for it...we had a great time with the Shanks family and Misha Collins to name but 3....and it was a true "Comic Con" experience for us as well...

But, I do wish that I'd postponed my Canadian visit until end april...then I'd have gone via Calgary Expo and grabbed me that elusive double photo op with Shanks and RDA...15 years of waiting for them to appear on stage & in a POp together and I'm a month and a half too late!!!..

Oh well, maybe they'll do it again and I can go then...

Deeds xx
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd thought about doing the Calgary Expo as I've taken on a new role this year (just for the year -covering a maternity leave) so I'm not teaching, which means I'm not tied to the college teaching year (Whooo-hooo!)
                        But the end of April hits something else in my current job and I was feeling Vanhomesick so I've opted to go for the Vancouver Fan expo. A quick trip out and back it will be... but it might just save my sanity after a crazy year. I'm sure I'll see some familiar faces and I'm looking forward to seeing all the comic stuff and things that go beyond the Gate!
                        It won't hurt to get away from all the east coast snow as well! Brrr

Love to all on this thread
                        Sech.
                        sigpic

Comment

How can it be that no-one has replied to this thread in so long?

e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Because the con was back in 2008 and the last van con was last year.
                            Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
                              Because the con was back in 2008 and the last van con was last year.
                              Aha. So you must be the person who walks into a party and tells everyone it's time to go home?
                              e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                                Aha. So you must be the person who walks into a party and tells everyone it's time to go home?
                                I'm just saying that the other posters saw no need to post in a thread for a con that was over years ago and have had threads for the other Van cons since then.
                                Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X