2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thephoenix77
    ooh... i feel so bad......it's all my fault - I started the whole seating arrangement dream & obviously didnt read far enough back to see that you were bringing MS (bad bad me.....please forgive me...)...we can work on the revised seating plan...you could squeze in between AT and MS - then we're all good...am I forgiven now???
    Yes… all’s forgiven now…I’ve had my temper tantrum.

Originally posted by Gate Geek
    I had preferred this past year as I missed buying my gold ticket by one day (that was in August last year). As most of the people I chatted with had gold, I really felt left out as I wasn't able to participate in many of the Con activities with them, including the Saturday set tour.
    OK… this had me a little confused GG. I had a preferred ticket last year as well but the Saturday set tour (Bridge Studios) was included in that, as it is this year. For me that was one of the highlights of the weekend!
    The Sunday tour was a separate ticket item. (Non-Bridge Studio sets, Wraith hive ship etc) I’m still thinking about that.

Originally posted by Sarah
    I may be interested in driving up to Vancouver, but I would be flying into Seattle as well. Actually this would be my first trip to the West Coast, so like Blue Jello, if anyone has any ideas about which would actually be easier, flying into Vancouver, or driving there, please help.
    Don’t know much about driving up from Seattle, never done it. However, many of my friends at the Legendary Gathering this August drove up from the States, some from Seattle. The general impression I got was that the border crossings have become a real drag, with long lines, which = long waits. Not good in a heatwave but maybe not so bad in April. True you have to wait in line at passport control in Vancouver airport if you fly directly into Canada so really I guess it’s about which way you prefer to wait and if you feel you need a car when you get here. Public transport is pretty good in Vancouver and Burnaby is right on the Skytrain line if you want to go downtown to the centre of Vancouver.

Don't know if that helps any
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
      What the heck! how did I get left out of tea? I was invited to Krisz first!
      S'okay though, lol
      I'll just take David D. home with me, then I don't have to share!

AG- where are you? Busy? We have to bring AG and cliff with us to tea, but maybe they are not invited either, so they can come with David and I.
      p.s. Krisz you can come too.

I'm just kidding, if I do anything with anyone, it is going to be with all my gateworld buddies! You guys are great!
      oh my god.....i've done it again....sorry snowflake - shoulda read further back alright - you -dd and AG & cliff were in the beginning part of that thread too...

I think we should just get the "gutter slide" installed off Krisz's patio doors and then whoever doesnt fit at the table (we'll rotate thru or sumfin) can play in the rented pool below or sit by the ground level bar beside the pool......so where do we start contributing to krisz's reno fund???

lol....
      thephoenix77

Comment

My goodness! What a flurry of activity and some new faces. Hi

Originally posted by SlytherinGal View Post
        I wanna join in!! I will bring Paul McGillion and David Hewlett...oh and David Nykl. I mean, I gotta admit, those three in labcoats...yum-O!!
        Come on in! Those gorgeous scientists can theorise on the urgency of having the deck built by giving a scientific thesis on the consequences of the lack of solid ground as you step out of the patio door and the effects of gravity.

Originally posted by thephoenix77 View Post
        SILLY RABBIT - THATS WHAT THE DROOL BUCKET IS FOR...BUT WE GOTTA HIJACK IT FROM THE MS/DJ THUNK THREAD.....Do you think they'll miss it??

Yeah its nice to dream - but positive thinking ladies.. if we dream it , they will come.......(oopss.. loosing grip on that line again... gutter slide.....(oh oh so appropriate after above modifications to Krisz house..!)

So who’s going to sneak in and ‘borrow’ it?! Our need is greater at the moment due to the overwhelming selection of ‘gorgeousness’ everyone has invited. Now that would be a surreal experience if everyone did turn up. I would probably still think it’s all a dream! We really do need that bucket!!!

Originally posted by BlueJello View Post
        Hi everyone, I just want to introduce myself and say that I'm planning for my first trip to Vancouver Con. I hope in the next few days (perhaps weeks) to get through all the messages posted so far and hopefully to glean some information about what to do and what's everyone doing to prepare. Hope to contribute info that might be helpful to others as well.
        Hi and welcome Blue Jello

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
        MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
        But those seating arrangements sound GREAT to me! *hugs Toomi*

On this thread, we're loosly organizing our own extras like a "location tour", parties, and other get-togethers. The "tea party" mentioned over the past few pages is a fantasy, in spite of how we may talk. [/COLOR][/B]
        Oh but what a fantasy! As for organizing things, here’s the wish list for our location tour.

Updated List:

Some more locations here to help with choices: http://rdanderson.com/stargate/location/location.htm A really excellent list.

Bridge Studio’s Fence! – AG’s BBQ – 11
        Jack’s cabin – 9
        Steveston Village (Nightwalkers) – 5
        Tollana (Fraser Uni) – 2
        Jack’s house – 1
        NID Headquarters - 1
        North Vancouver - 1 (could go to Lynn Canyon, the suspension bridge there, although smaller is scarier than Capilano! And free!)

Of course there is also AG’s most excellent Fan Party, an event not to be missed if you come to the Vancouver con!! Even if I don’t get to the con itself I will be at the party come rain or.....rain!!!

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
        Hello everyone. Just a quick question. Someone at Chicago said when i mentioned wanting to go that Vancouver will sell out before the year ends. Is this true? If so when is a tentative guess by anyone of my absolute last chance to buy a ticket?
        Hi there, welcome! I bought my ticket to this year’s con 2 weeks before its start on Ebay. So it is possible to get tickets at the 11th hour. However if you are certain you want to go, get in there and buy now.

Originally posted by Sechemech-Ib View Post
        OK ...so I leave you guys alone for a couple of days and you leave me out of the seating plan altogether!!

FYI - I'm bringing his Hunkiness MS so...
        I get to sit by him!!!
        ...particularly as I seem to recall that *TEA* was my idea in the first place!

But Krisz, thank you very much...your place sounds great for tea as you're in Vancouver. It's along way for us all to pop back to NB just for tea.... and bloody cold in April I might add!
        Awww, I took it for granted you would be there my fellow Brit! That's why I suggested my place for the convenience factor. You can squeeze yourself and Michael in next to me and RDA!

S'okay though, lol

AG- where are you? Busy? We have to bring AG and cliff with us to tea, but maybe they are not invited either, so they can come with David and I.

I'm just kidding, if I do anything with anyone, it is going to be with all my gateworld buddies! You guys are great!
        Hey, you and David D are still there on my list! I didn’t forget AG and Cliff! There’s been such a flurry of dreaming and drooling going on here my mention of this has been lost about 3 pages back!!! A party without Snowflake and AG?! Unheard of!!!

Originally posted by thephoenix77 View Post
        oh my god.....i've done it again....sorry snowflake - shoulda read further back alright - you -dd and AG & cliff were in the beginning part of that thread too...

I think we should just get the "gutter slide" installed off Krisz's patio doors and then whoever doesnt fit at the table (we'll rotate thru or sumfin) can play in the rented pool below or sit by the ground level bar beside the pool......so where do we start contributing to krisz's reno fund???

lol....
        See, we didn’t forget Snowflake, AG and gorgeous guests!

I like the idea of contributions to the ‘Krisz reno fund’, although I hope that’s for renovating the house and not me!! LOL! Only thing about a pool, it’s a bit cold in April! Brrrrr.

As for the questions about driving from Seattle. I haven't done the drive to Seattle myself but people I've spoken to say it's about 3 to 4 hour drive between Seattle and Vancouver. The border won't be so bad at that time of year. I would say driving is the better option if you want to get out further afield, depending how much time you are spending in Vancouver outside the convention dates. Whilst the transit system is good in central Vancouver a car gives you more options if the traffic doesn't go nuts of course!

Comment

It's good to know the food will be "lively and well" during the convention...

Welcome to the new faces. You'll have a grand old time waiting for the con in this thread. As con time approaches, be aware of excessive squeeing and other unworldly noises. Also note that amount of hyperactivity increases as the con gets closer. If you can not handle excessive squeeing or hyperactivity, it suggested to exit the thread temporarily or bring along copious amounts of sedative when visiting this thread.

Comment

S'okay though, lol

Sorry, I was a VIP at the Chicago convention over the weekend. I just posted on that thread about my experiences, if you want to read about it.

What's this about tea? I think I missed something.
            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Ok... It's time for the random Technowraith question of the day:

Anybody here familiar with cosplay?

The reason i ask is i was perusing one of the Con threads from a year or so ago and there was mention of cosplay. The other reason i'm asking is i've been pursuaded to join the world of cosplay by a friend. With my costume (which just arrived yesterday) my friend says i'm ready for cosplay.

As far as i can tell from what i've googled and seen on the internet, cosplay involves making costumes and stuff to go with the costumes. But that's seems to be it. Is that really all there is to it? Or am i missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Krisz- you are a goddess! I am coming to tea, and I'm dragging AG if I have to pull her there. I'll drag Chris Judge too and he can just bust through the doors if they are not big enough for us all

AG's fan party was a blast last year! It is a must if you are coming to Vancouver this year!

AG- I am glad you are okay Hope you had fun!

thephoenix77- no worries, you know I could never be mad at you

TechnoWraith- it will be nice to finally meet you this year. You are always so helpful.
                Music and Stargate
                sigpic
                Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Sechemech-Ib View Post
                  Yes… all’s forgiven now…I’ve had my temper tantrum.

OK… this had me a little confused GG. I had a preferred ticket last year as well but the Saturday set tour (Bridge Studios) was included in that, as it is this year. For me that was one of the highlights of the weekend!
                  The Sunday tour was a separate ticket item. (Non-Bridge Studio sets, Wraith hive ship etc) I’m still thinking about that.

Don’t know much about driving up from Seattle, never done it. However, many of my friends at the Legendary Gathering this August drove up from the States, some from Seattle. The general impression I got was that the border crossings have become a real drag, with long lines, which = long waits. Not good in a heatwave but maybe not so bad in April. True you have to wait in line at passport control in Vancouver airport if you fly directly into Canada so really I guess it’s about which way you prefer to wait and if you feel you need a car when you get here. Public transport is pretty good in Vancouver and Burnaby is right on the Skytrain line if you want to go downtown to the centre of Vancouver.

Don't know if that helps any

I was referring to the times of the set tours on Saturday. As my gold friends got to register first, they got their times and when it was time for preferred to register, that time slot was all gone. so I never got to go on the tour with all my firends. Which really sucked. It was like that for most of the Con.

Do go on thr Sunday Norco tour if you can. It was the best damned tour offered in my opinion. Gah!! I got to touch (Repeatedly!!) and drool over JF's S3 wardrobe!! SQUEE!! GUH!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
                    It's good to know the food will be "lively and well" during the convention...

Welcome to the new faces. You'll have a grand old time waiting for the con in this thread. As con time approaches, be aware of excessive squeeing and other unworldly noises. Also note that amount of hyperactivity increases as the con gets closer. If you can not handle excessive squeeing or hyperactivity, it suggested to exit the thread temporarily or bring along copious amounts of sedative when visiting this thread.
                    I'm not waiting until con time . . . SQUEEEEEEEEEEEING has already started with me.

Comment

Oh my.
                      I've had a moment of weakness.
                      I bought a gold ticket for Vancouver!

I need some serious counceling now...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
                        Oh my.

I may be having a moment of weakness later on... well later on this week, it would seem that I may be able to get the money together for this so we'll see what happens....
                        Then there will be some serious squeeing going on...
                        You guys still have Hewlett reserved for tea for me right? I mean others can sit next to him, but.... nevermind I got nothing....
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                          I may be having a moment of weakness later on... well later on this week, it would seem that I may be able to get the money together for this so we'll see what happens....
                          You guys still have Hewlett reserved for tea for me right? I mean others can sit next to him, but.... nevermind I got nothing....
                          Well, if you do, I'd love to share a room with you. If you'd be ok with that. Share with me and my elephant. He's nice and doesn't need a lot of attention, just lots of Stargate.

Spoiler:
                          Last edited by elephantgirl; 30 August 2007, 04:09 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh my.

You will love it, E. You will say that it was well worth it when it is all over. Trust me on this.
                            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJello View Post
                              I've been holding off on getting the ticket because I was waiting for the list of guests because I reeeeeeealy want David Hewlett to be there and the only person they have down for sure is Dan Shea. But then I noticed someone mentioned that David would be in a few previous posts. Do we know that he is planning on it?
                              Sometimes Creation really lags on announcing guests... well... MOST of the time they lag
                              I'm sure they'll get some yummy ones, no worries!

Oh my.

CONGRATS, eg! Between now and then you might actually pay it off too!
                              There's plenty of time to find roomies (and yes, more than 2 people can fit in a room ) and finalize travel plans. Just make sure you have a passport before December and that it'll be valid until October '08.

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                              Coolness, Sarah

Regarding travel to Vancouver from Seattle... driving is fine. The length of the drive depends on traffic and time of day, but I got from Vancouver to Seattle in about 2 hours when I drove. It was a couple years ago and the wait at the border each way was only about 30-45 minutes, but then passports weren't yet mandatory. I'd expect an hour to an hour-and-a-half wait these days, which would make the drive more like 3 hours. It's still an easy drive and you have the advantage of having the car there with you. I'd call the hotel to see if they charge for parking, too.

There are people who'll drive up from Seattle, I'm sure. They just haven't chimed in yet. I'll most likely fly straight up (from San Diego, CA) since I found that easier, last time.

Anyone wanna share a limo again?!

Comment

I saw that the Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver is only $28 each way, so that's not bad either.
                                Although maybe having a car would be nice to do your own private Stargate filming location tour...
                                Oh, and I have the passport covered, no problems there.

EG
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X