This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
    Lets see whats happening first. I've seen your PM.

Looking forward to meeting you!
    You too!
    See ya on Friday!!

Comment

arrived safe. Had a problem at Eustan station. I was eating a burger and a peice of food got stuck in my thoat.... :-( luckly I managed to get the attention of a man who banged my back.

a few people have arrived. Bryan is at the check in desk ;-)

I have a ground floor room.

See everyone soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
        Ok guys. this is the roll call as it stands;

1. Gipsy
        2. Feli
        3. Mal
        4. Matt
        5. Suethelurker
        6. KitKatLady
        7. Trish (FoxyBrown)
        8. Magnolia Anaglypta
        9. Shelsfc
        10.Angel (Zoe)
        11. Merl
        12. Star
        13. Moterfrog
        14. Rowangreen

As you have seen our usual CO (Gipsy) is going to be busy. Looks like i'm her 2IC ;-).

I'll be around the bar in the convention centre at 19:30 on the Friday. I'm thinking the Friday evening will be the best time for a meet up meal. Is that ok? Then maybe we can eat in the hotel restaurant. If I can have the names of those keen, or any other ideas asap please?

I'll be online at times tommorw. Then again before 09:30 on Thursday. Anytime after that i'll be either traveling or in London.
        Count me in for food! With Motorfrog in tow.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Matt G checking out:

See you there!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

So Matt, and everyone else, what did you think?

Looking for reports from everyone!

Wish I could have spent more time with the GW folk, but we didn't get back from LFCC until after 7pm on the Saturday. Still, will have some nice interviews to put up on GW later.
            sigpic

Comment

Yes it was a great weekend, very well organised as usual. The guests were all outstanding and gave us everything they had.
              Neil made a great impression for his first convention. 19 from Seychelles then Kenya then Canada. His mum and dad and best friend were with him. He obviously thought the world of his parents and they should be rightly proud of him. His dad asked him if he would change anything and he said that the bads and goods were what had made him who he was, so no. His mum asked him what he would take away from the weekend and he said something quite complimentary but can't remember content. Poor lad was shaking when he came to our table at meet and greet but he was chatty and shared with us the fact he wasn't wearing underwear as advised by 'The Judge' but that he had been told not to prove it!
              Paul is SINGLE and made sure we all knew it every time a girl asked him a question. He was really pleasant and funny, though he was rather limited in what he could spill about Atlantis as we have only ''seen four epis'' well some had anyway!
              There was no news on season 9. DSD thought that the fact RDA didn't want it was a big factor but then he said that he thought it should go on and on as some programmes like NYPD and Law and Order do, even if the characters change. The news on the Maggie Rose is that it has been dropped though he has the option to pick it up again in two years. The fact is it is too dear to keep the option open waiting for MS to be free in the summer when the water will be warm enough to film it, (lots of MS in wetsuit diving!!!!!_)
              Will think of more
              jan t
              jan t

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                So Matt, and everyone else, what did you think?

Looking for reports from everyone!

Wish I could have spent more time with the GW folk, but we didn't get back from LFCC until after 7pm on the Saturday. Still, will have some nice interviews to put up on GW later.
                I'll atempt a report later. I've just dl'ed my pictures into dads puter. I have a few good ones, which i'm pleased about :-)).

The whole trip was great. All the guests were great, Teryl and Don remembered me. Have to admit I was a bit emotional in the autograph lines. I was approaching Teryl when Merl and Zanny came to say goodbye. I dont know when i'll see them again, which upset me. Then talking to Teryl was hard. She's so sweet. i ended up having a kiss and a hug off her :-)).

Comment

OK...

Friday: Planned to redezvous with Motorfrog at Richmond station. We both arrived at roughly half 6. But he was in one part of the station, I was in another, and it took us the best part of an hour to work out our cack up(Motorfrog does not have a mobile)! So we hire a black cab to the Thistle, I get out a load of cash to pay for cab home. We booze, grab some food at the OakandAvacardo bump into Riz and Zoe, rave, get a cab home.

Saturday: Due to the cab taking a while to get to my place in the morning, we wound up late to the first talk of the morning, which turned out to be Neil Dennis aka Ry'ac. Managed to find a lot more of the Gateworld crew, did dinner with Mal, Merl, Star and Motorfrog at the Sheraton. Boozed in the bar with the entire crew while Ronny's performance was on before going down for the rave.

Sunday: Made it to Thistle on time this time out, wound up waiting ages for the autographs to get round to my number but eventually got Paul McGillion, Neil and Peter Wingfield to sign my SG8 poster. Did the rave afterwards but had to bail early(probably due to dodgy steak sandwiches)

Apart from that though - it was the usual blast!

Guests:

Teryl was her usual Mad Energiser Bunny self
                  Don was just as talkative as he was for SG6
                  Ronny was still as up for the weekend as last time out(though he didn't want to rerun his Kinsey act).
                  Neil: Was pretty chilled on stage(though got into a mess with security on Saturday night)
                  Peter: Came accross as a classically trained actor, a lot different in feel to the other guests.
                  Paul: Don't know if the guy ever did get laid on the weekend but he seemed to be having a blast anyway.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                    Paul: Don't know if the guy ever did get laid on the weekend but he seemed to be having a blast anyway.
                    ROFLMAO! Oh Matt, that was priceless!

Comment

Great weekend, it was my first SG con, and was lucky to have Mal as a guide! Also briefly met Gipsy & Suethelurker - btw Gipsy, I'm sorry if I came across as being a bit rude, I didn't mean to be!!

I'd heard a lot of how great Teryl is at cons, but it didn't do her justice, she's fantastic!! They all were!
                      Don was so sweet - he was giving out hugs like they were going out of fashion at the photoshoot!
                      Ronny & his band are great, they must have done about five encores!
                      Peter was very interesting to listen to, though I've never seen Highlander, so I was a bit out of the loop with a lot of the Highlander questions!
                      Neil was just lovely. He seems really genuine and funny onstage - I can't believe they put him on first for his first convention!
                      Paul was so funny - "Single!!" LOL! At the photoshoot on Saturday, after hugging about the 20th girl, he sighed and said "This is such a horrible job..."

The vid tribute to Janet/Teryl made me cry, it was so lovely!
                      LOL @ the Hey Big Spender vid!!

Comment

good grief of course you didn't come across as rude! I'm only sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Me too, I would have liked to meet more people from GW! Ah well - next year!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                            Me too, I would have liked to meet more people from GW! Ah well - next year!!
                            Hey. it was great meeting you! Friday was fun. :-) I'm glad you came into the city with me.

Cons are great fun but very busy. I did'nt spend half the time I would have liked with my friends. Its always like that. But I had 2 great meals on Saturday and Sunday.

Friday with you and the time I spent with Gipsy on Monday was great. Though on Monday Gips and I were restricted by time.

I'd love to meet you again at a convention. :-) What time did you get home? I did'nt exactly fly home. Though it felt like it! LOL

The Virgin train is expensive compared to the coach, but well worth it for the speed and comfort.

Comment

It was great meeting you too, I'm glad I went with you aswell!!

I got home at half seven yesterday - in time for Stargate!

When my Mam & I wemt back to the hotel room on Sunday evening, we discovered Birthright on Channel 4 - well we just had to watch it...

Did you get to do much on Monday?

I want to go to SG9, but I don't think I can afford it.
                              Fingers crossed for SG10 though!

Comment

I'd never realized in how many movies Ronny Cox has played until he started talking about his career - and when I turned on the TV on Sunday night (because some people wanted to go to bed early just because they had to work the next day *looks pointedly at Gipsy*) the movie Murder at the White House was on. Guess who plays the president of the United States in that...?

Comment

Working...
                                X