Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemming Thread (spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Auralis View Post
    Now i'm sure that we will get to know someday the reason of the whys of the character leavings.
    No, we won't. We were never told why Teryl Rothery was fired from SG-1 (that fact that the episode that killed off Janet Fraiser was during "sweeps" says quite a bit). The only reason we know why RDA left SG-1 is because he cared enough about the fans to make the announcement himself and explain why. And it was he who make the initial announcement of his returning as well. And we haven't been told why Paul McGillion has been fired from SGA. What makes you think would we would be told about why they are putting AT on SGA (instead of, oh, I don't know, buying out her contract?) and shoving Torri Higginson "under the rug," as it were??

Support Mallozzi all you want, but his track record on both shows demonstrates how little he gives a d*mn about the fans, or even the quality of either show. He should give everyone a break, quit SG, and go play with food.

Comment

I'm lemming!!!

@ Kami: The icon is brilliant, may I snag for LJ?

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
        I'm lemming!!!

@ Kami: The icon is brilliant, may I snag for LJ?
        of course 8'D that's what I posted it for. *Lemming's salute* XD
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pellmelody View Post
          No, we won't. We were never told why Teryl Rothery was fired from SG-1 (that fact that the episode that killed off Janet Fraiser was during "sweeps" says quite a bit). The only reason we know why RDA left SG-1 is because he cared enough about the fans to make the announcement himself and explain why. And it was he who make the initial announcement of his returning as well. And we haven't been told why Paul McGillion has been fired from SGA. What makes you think would we would be told about why they are putting AT on SGA (instead of, oh, I don't know, buying out her contract?) and shoving Torri Higginson "under the rug," as it were??

Support Mallozzi all you want, but his track record on both shows demonstrates how little he gives a d*mn about the fans, or even the quality of either show. He should give everyone a break, quit SG, and go play with food.
          In my opinion, if a show's PTB doesn't tell you why they write a character off and the actor's don't either even though we know that they didn't like getting written off and have no problems voicing that, then it's pretty safe to assume that the PTB have given them a muzzle, told them not to reveal the reason because they think it will upset us.

And the reason is probably stupid, too.

Comment

Count me in as a lemming, please.
            Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
            -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Count me in. I agree that people have the right to say whatever they want in their blogs - there is the thing called freedom of speech, after all - but there is no need to insult the fans. The fans are what makes the show. Or would TPTB really make shows if no one watched them?

Lemming sounds like something from The Lord of the Rings...
              When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
              My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                In my opinion, if a show's PTB doesn't tell you why they write a character off and the actor's don't either even though we know that they didn't like getting written off and have no problems voicing that, then it's pretty safe to assume that the PTB have given them a muzzle, told them not to reveal the reason because they think it will upset us.

And the reason is probably stupid, too.
                Which is why, instead of a mature and appreciative but informative and reassuring response to the fan concern, we get a tirade of insults and condescension.

Comment

Proud to be a lemming, anything for Elizabeth and Atlantis as it still is in season 3.

Add me to the list, leelakin.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Cailliath View Post
                    Which is why, instead of a mature and appreciative but informative and reassuring response to the fan concern, we get a tirade of insults and condescension.
                    I think it's quite insulting when they don't give us a reason why even 3 years after the deed was done. When are we gonna find out about the reason(s) behind Janet's departure? 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      I think it's quite insulting when they don't give us a reason why even 3 years after the deed was done. When are we gonna find out about the reason(s) behind Janet's departure? 2010?
                      Hah. Possibly.

You know, I can't help but see the similarities between the concept of the Ori and TPTB. Anyone who doesn't agree or necessarily see things TPTB's way, is disregarded and steamrolled over.

It's easy to see where they got the inspiration from.

Comment

He's obviously gonna be the one who speaks out now because he's the head honcho on Atlantis these days.

However I honestly don't think we'll have to worry much about things after S4 is over with because Atlantis imo will not be renewed for a 5th season. Hence look at most of their cv's before Stargate. Therefore when MGM finally take sense of just what these people have done to their franchise & finally take action by making cast changes of their own. I wonder if their comments will be similar. Somehow I doubt it myself, they'll be the ones kicking up the fuss then at how badly they've been treated by their own powers that be.

How I'm already rubbing my hands for that day when it arrives. It's okay for them to tinker with things, then because they can't see a way to continue characters, they simply kick them off & make replacements.

Yet stay loyal amongst themselves. Look at virtually every ep.

Written by.
                        Story by.
                        Teleplay by.
                        Directed by.
                        Produced by.
                        Executive Producer.
                        Uber Excecutive Producer.
                        Mini Director.
                        Creative Consultant.
                        Ice-Cream Consultant
                        Food Orderer etc, etc.

It's always the same names over & over all the time in the credits. So they don't know what it was like until SG-1 was cancelled. However all the 'big guns' still had their services retained. They'll only get what fans are feeling when they kill Atlantis as well. Then they'll be permanently changed just like the many characters they've stupidly offed over the years because their writing talents aren't able to cope with their own creations.

See if they're calling Lemmings, when they're the cast that's been changed themselves by MGM when they screw up Atlantis very shortly. That day can't come quick enough for me personally!

Comment

Eh, I kind of agree with him. And here's one of the reasons (not trying to single out an individual here, but it's a good example of the general hysteria):

Originally posted by Pellmelody View Post
                          And we haven't been told why Paul McGillion has been fired from SGA. What makes you think would we would be told about why they are putting AT on SGA (instead of, oh, I don't know, buying out her contract?) and shoving Torri Higginson "under the rug," as it were??
                          We don't know that Paul was fired at all. He has said he would love to come back but that could just as easily be in the same vein as Shanks when he asked to be written out saying that he'd love to come back if they did something better with the character. We also have absolutely no idea why Torri is going to be recurring. For all we know, she has another project that will be taking up time. The reality is that people are probably deliberately staying quiet until after the season airs in the US. You don't get huge press releases months in advance about who is going to die and why in 24 or Lost, why would you expect to for SGA? But people here are blasting the lack of info and making up their own.

I totally understand and (sometimes) agree with the dissappointment over a character leaving a show. But instead of going "Oh that's sad... I hope the show will still be good even without ____." or even "I don't have a lot of faith that the show will still be good without ____" there have been quite a few people actively attacking the producers and making statements as fact that we don't know are facts. I sure as heck don't always agree with various producers or writers but I'd consider that blog entry a hit back at the people who have been hiding behind the general "tptb" to pretend they haven't been way more mean than JM was in his blog.
                          Visit these links:
                          Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
                          ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
                          There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
                          ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finnstardust View Post
                            Or would TPTB really make shows if no one watched them?
                            Sure looks like they're trying to achieve that! *lol*
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll be a Carson Lemming....

I am such a guant advocate of free speech, and he can say whatever he wants, esp. on his own blog. But beware, free speech is a two way street. One should remember that when they speak or write things. And yes, we may not know the reasons why, but don't insult us for being uninformed. There is a GIANT difference between uninformed and being idiots. I would think he would at least appreciate the the fact we care so much,

sigpic
                              www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoDar View Post
                                Eh, I kind of agree with him. And here's one of the reasons (not trying to single out an individual here, but it's a good example of the general hysteria):

I totally understand and (sometimes) agree with the dissappointment over a character leaving a show. But instead of going "Oh that's sad... I hope the show will still be good even without ____." or even "I don't have a lot of faith that the show will still be good without ____" there have been quite a few people actively attacking the producers and making statements as fact that we don't know are facts. I sure as heck don't always agree with various producers or writers but I'd consider that blog entry a hit back at the people who have been hiding behind the general "tptb" to pretend they haven't been way more mean than JM was in his blog.
                                See your points but going on the franchise history, whilst your reasons are valid so are the less pleasant ones, i.e. Rainbow Sun-Francks, Corin Nemec. Balance that with the transplantation of Amanda Tapping and it's not hard to see where us lemmings are supposedly jumping to conclusions.

And lately, the conclusions people have been jumping to have not been far off the mark.

If it turns out both Paul and Torri want to go, then I stand corrected. I don't mind being wrong.

Nothing wrong with letting us know though. If you can tell us Beckett is off the show and Weir is going to be recurring, then it's not too difficult to enlighten as to why we're losing good characters surely? They didn't mind telling us why Amanda Tapping is crossing over. What's wrong in telling us what the story is in regard to Paul and Torri?

Comment

Working...
                                X