How did you discover Gateworld ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what led you to this site?
    Everytime I googled something about Stargate, I found the ultimate answer on this site, so I started watching the forum and eventually joined. I donno what exactly brought me to this site though, just surfing about I guess

what were you looking for?
    Other fans!!!!

What was your first post about?
    I think it was in the Joe Flanigan thunk thread... I'd watched that thread for a long time before I finally decided to join, haha.

How long have you been a Stargate fan before you joined Gateworld?
    I've been a fan for about four years before I joined Gateworld, usually when I fan about something it comes and goes, but Stargate just stayed with me up until this day, so I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to let go of this fandom. And i don't wanna
    sigpic
    The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

So what led you to this site?
      People on the Frell Me Dead message board started referencing it here and there, every so often, as SG-1 began to 'invade' Sci-Fi, heh. Once I started tuning in, I tuned in here, too.

what were you looking for?
      As FMD had a good amount of Anti-Stargate going around due to bitterness, I felt like I needed somewhere more likely to host positive discussion of the franchise. I was also checking out the headlines for a good year or so before getting involved in the forums.

What was your first post about?
      If there was a Farscape subforum back then, I think that might have been where my first post was. I seem to have a vague recollection of that.

How long have you been a Stargate fan before you joined Gateworld?
      Not too long. I was a fan from the first airing of 'Full Circle', and that was about a year prior to joining the boards, I think.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I was led to this site by someone in the SyFy forums, I joined those forums directly after EATG aired(I was slower than others to find out about the SGA cancellation), and found GW through a few people talking about GateWorld, so I clicked link!

I wasn't looking for anything I suppose, I'm honestly not a big fan of forums, I get to addicted to them unfortunately. But here I am.....

I searched and searched, I have no clue, it was likely something related to the final days of Atlantis.

Been a fan since 2004.

Comment

• So what led you to this site? I think I searched for Stargate.
          • what were you looking for? A better site than the official one
          • What was your first post about? I actually can't remember, and I also can't find it...
          • How long have you been a Stargate fan before you joined Gateworld? Well, I discovered Stargate two years ago and loved it, and a couple of months later I joined up here.

Good idea!
          sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

I just did a Google search for Stargate fan sites and it was the first one listed. I am happy I clicked it, because this place it pretty much a god send!
            ^That little animated banner says it all! I am a fan of all the Stargates. They each have their own unique style that keeps me watching!
            Team Badass!!

Comment

I found Gateworld a few years ago when I was looking for future episode information, however I didn't join the forum until I was about to go to my first con (in Vancouver this year). I googled to see if I could find other people that were going, and voila found this amazing group of people on this site who had dinners and fan parties and pre con jaunts around Vancouver planned...and now they've sucked me into their little web and I can't resist
              The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
              Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Found it 5.5 years ago from posters on the Sci Fi channel board.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X