Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Quickstop. Thank you for sharing.

Your artist is quite skilled. How long did they take? And good luck taking care of them, you gotta have quite the reach to tend to those
    O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

I was thiking a stargate tattoo , Itl be illegal for me to do it right now , but I'm planning ahead ^^
      Its not as original as some Ive seen in this thread , Its a quote , that will not stand out too much as 'stargate-y' but still recognisable to fans (I think )
      Its a quote of Daniel in unending ,just before hitting it off with Vala : "No matter what you do, at the end of the day, Life is too short"
      I know alot of people have LTS tattooed , but it explains pretty much my character I believe
      Thinking about getting it tattooed on the inside of my left wrist (small type to be more discreet). If I ever get it I may think about getting hope tattoed in ancient font underneath it , maybye Ba'als symbol somewhere else later

Comment

I've been thinking about what I could get for a Stargate tattoo, aside from the usuall, and so far this is the best idea that I've come up with...

continuum chevron.jpg

This pic for the shape/outline

chevron.jpg

and this one for some of the extra details it has

This would be my first tattoo and right now i'm thinking about getting it on my right forearm below the fold of my elbow, I'm just not sure at the moment... Any thoughs?
        sigpic
        Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cort View Post
          I've been thinking about what I could get for a Stargate tattoo, aside from the usuall, and so far this is the best idea that I've come up with...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28005[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28006[/ATTACH]

This would be my first tattoo and right now i'm thinking about getting it on my right forearm below the fold of my elbow, I'm just not sure at the moment... Any thoughs?
          that's a really cool idea for a tat!! and I think the right forearm is a good spot for it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
            that's a really cool idea for a tat!! and I think the right forearm is a good spot for it
            Thanks! I just can't decide if I should get it in a place where I would be able to cover it up more if I needed/wanted to... I don't plan on getting it much bigger than the size of the picture, maybe 3in across by 1 1/2in or so.

Also, how do I go about finding a good place/tattoo artist to do it? I don't really know anyone that has any tattoos and I don't want to just pick a place out of the yellow pages or something...
            sigpic

sig by me

Comment

Also, how do I go about finding a good place/tattoo artist to do it? I don't really know anyone that has any tattoos and I don't want to just pick a place out of the yellow pages or something...
              Someone else might have a better way of finding a tattoo place, but I suggest finding a few shops (at least 3 different places) go into each shop talk to the artists there ask to see examples of their work and decide which one you like best.. take into consideration the quality of their work , how friendly they are and how clean their shop is.. That is my suggestion.. whenever my hubby can pay to get my tats done we'll be going to a friend of his family's to get them done.. so I really don't need to find a shop.. but if I did that's what I would do.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ji'al View Post
                I was thiking a stargate tattoo , Itl be illegal for me to do it right now , but I'm planning ahead ^^
                Its not as original as some Ive seen in this thread , Its a quote , that will not stand out too much as 'stargate-y' but still recognisable to fans (I think )
                Its a quote of Daniel in unending ,just before hitting it off with Vala : "No matter what you do, at the end of the day, Life is too short"
                I know alot of people have LTS tattooed , but it explains pretty much my character I believe
                Thinking about getting it tattooed on the inside of my left wrist (small type to be more discreet). If I ever get it I may think about getting hope tattoed in ancient font underneath it , maybye Ba'als symbol somewhere else later
                stick with symbols. life's too short? nah he hit it off because it was either her or Sam.
                sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28005[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28006[/ATTACH]

Well I would Tattoo it somewhere else like back of the neck or just the back due to the tatt's symetrical pattern but yeah harder to hide , and for a first tatto , it is preferable on an arm I think , Just below the fold is cool , and a Chevron tattoo is really cool

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                  stick with symbols. life's too short? nah he hit it off because it was either her or Sam.
                  Haha yeah maybye , although Sam is more the siter type , Vala is the one who shows up with pink handcuffs. Yeah maybye Ill stick only with symbols I dont know yet , I still have time , and its a big decision in a way , at least the first tattoo is

Comment

I really like the chevron idea (for me it would have to be an SGU chevron though )

I have no idea where you live, but there really is nothing wrong with the yellow pages as place to START.

also, take a look through:
                    http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Category:Tattoos

when you do have a list of places (don't pick just one and definitely don't pick the cheapest), then go and talk to the artist. Most artists will have lots of information, about the art, the process and the cleanliness of the place. Ask questions. If they have a website, examine that until you find something you like. As a tattooed person, I don't like having people just touch me on the street but I don't mind answering (polite) questions. So ask
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Well I have an appointment on Wen to get it I'll post a pic once I have one

Yay! I'm so excited

chevron.jpg
                      It's going to look the most like this picture...
                      sigpic

sig by me

Comment

it's going to be awesome!
                        pics!
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Well I have an appointment on Wen to get it I'll post a pic once I have one

Yay! I'm so excited

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28018[/ATTACH]
                          It's going to look the most like this picture...
                          Nice I really like the chevron idea too ,lucky you , hope youll love it
                          And yes please pics when its done

Comment

Ok, as promised here are the pics. I did the best I could but it's kinda hard to use a camera with your left hand I'll post better ones once it healed.

tat1.jpg

tat2.jpg

I'm really happy with it; didn't think he would be able to get so much detail in it...
                            sigpic

sig by me

Comment

Ok, as promised here are the pics. I did the best I could but it's kinda hard to use a camera with your left hand I'll post better ones once it healed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28034[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28033[/ATTACH]

I'm really happy with it; didn't think he would be able to get so much detail in it...
                              that looks awesome!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28034[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28033[/ATTACH]

Wow its really nice ! The color in it is great :O
                                How long did it take to have it done ?

Comment

Working...
                                X