This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Just_breathing View Post
    Okay so I've not been around here for absolutely aaaaages so forgive me if this is in the wrong place or whatever but here's the thing... I've been really wanting to get a tattoo for a long long time and I'm thinking of getting the Point of origin put on the very top of my back, on the top of my spine.

What do you guys think? Will it look alright or should I forget it and have something else?

~JB

P.S. Mods- if this is in the wrong place could you please move it for me? Thank you
    Heh. I came very close to getting that exact same thing done a few months ago - the only reason I didn't was because I wasn't happy with the quality of the tattooist's attempts at drawing the symbol.

Whether or not to get a tattoo is a choice only you can make and I would echo the advice that they last forever... but you say you've been thinking for a long time of getting a tattoo so I'm guessing you've thought about that already. So.. in terms of design and placement - I think it would look great to have a point of origin symbol where you suggest. It's a fun design that will mean something to you and to others will just look like a nice abstract design. It's in a place where a small black design like that would look good but it's not a too obvious place, not in your face, it can be covered up by clothes or hair when you wish or displayed if you want to. So yeah, I think it would look good.
    sigpic

Comment

If I was to get another tattoo which would be stargate related, then I'd probably either go for the tattoo Ronon Dex has on his neck or the one he got on his arm in Reunion.

First Tattoo...

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...union0498.html

Second Tattoo...

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...union0215.html

Comment

Ok Mamas Gate tats....

Spoiler:

Ba'Al tat... Cliff loved it

Spoiler:

FarGate tat

Mama's artist hates her... all concentric circles (Mama has eight tattoos) and symbols that are precisely matched on both sides (not a spec of room for error)

Also she has both low blood pressure and low blood sugar
        pain makes her blood pressure drop

so with eight tattoos and four piercings, Tim is a little used to the "stop, I need some sugar real quick..... ok Im ready, lets go again"
        and now for something really different...

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

If you lot are true fans, you lot all be getting Tattoos on your Foreheads

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Well in my ignorance I just started another thread about this... Any chance mods can merge that thread with this one? (Can you tell I'm a head mod somewhere else? lol) The link for it is here.

Anyway, I want the PoO tattooed at the top of my spine... I've been thinking about it a lot and I'm pretty sure it'll look good. I want it so it's darker on the outside getting lighter in the middle so it looks a bit like its 3D... but I dont know if that can be done/if it'll look right.
            I know I want it pretty small and where I want it I can cover it up with my hair/clothes if it needs to be concealed... I really want it done...

~JB
            Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

The thing about tattoos is that they have to be what *you* want [for obvious reasons lol] and although the opinions of others is nice, in the end you are getting the tattoo and if you want a themed tattoo it will need a lot of thought put into it. What I would suggest is do some research for your tattoo, and find a local artist in your town that is great with designing tattoos and one that will work you. My artist did a great job with my half-sleeves. We talked about it for a few weeks, I supplied him with the icons/images and he designed a sleeve to tattoo. And yes, it is Stargate related, a half-sleeve for each arm dedicated to SGA and SG1. My husband's memorial tattoo took some planning and working with my tattooist, but it came out great.

I should probably post photos but its kinda of difficult to get a good shot of them myself ha ha ha I incorporated characters, mostly alien, into my tattoos, language and used "space" as the background, so the characters standout against the black background

Comment

Maybe you should get a temporary tat of the design first, and see how it looks/affects your life, before going for the more permanent variety.

Geeky ideas:

Stargate Address for your favorite planet.

Symbol of your favorite goa'uld (they're all in my signature). Maybe somewhere like your shoulder or bicep, though, instead of forehead.

The symbol of Origin.

Symbiote coiled around a staff weapon.

Wraith tats. Maybe not on the face, though.

Doesn't Ronon have tats? Maybe those.
                sigpic

Daniel: "This tastes like chicken..."
                Carter: "So, what's the problem?"
                Daniel: "This is Macaroni and Cheese."

Comment

You could get something written in Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs.
                  Or you could try for Goa'uld although I would just go for Ancient Egyptian, just in case it turned out you spelt it wrong or something.
                  sigpic
                  http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                  http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I think the Eye of Ra would be the best option.
                    It's not necessarily sci-fi nerdy, which is a plus.
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

tattoo are for life.
                      don't get a stargate.
                      you'll regret in 5 years. not to mention god knows what it'll look like in 25 years.

Comment

i keep meaning to get the symbol of the shol'va, because only complete nerds would weven recognise it a stargate related, and i think it would look cool whenever you look at it. and morbo, in 25 years tattoo removal technology will be better than it is now, and these days it's getting pretty advanced.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

I have 2 non-stargate tat's. One is a heart with a pentagram on the inside. The other is two cresent moons with the points touching, And for those wondering, no I'm not into devil worshipping, a pentagram in most cultures is a protective tailsman.

Comment

here is the actual tattoo i did.. it's covering up a celtic knot and some other stuff

stargate after.jpg

Comment

There was another thread around here somewhere where I posted a pic of the Earth Gate tat on my back. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

Comment

umm Hello,
                                I dont know what i'm doing.
                                Was randomly googling things and found this thread on this forum, and just had to share. So little old me has joined up, hooray!

Anyhoo... i have two stargate tattoos. The earth address on the bottom of my spine with the PoO. Just a few weeks ago i got the 8 symboled address to atlantis (with the original PoO from the first stargate on earth (solitudes)) down the back of the bottom of my right leg.
                                I also plan to get the 8 symbol stargate address from atlantis to earth on the opposite leg AND the stargate address of atlantis as it is in the pegasus galaxy (and yes the atlantis addresses are different cos they moved but after a week of freaking out about it all i decided i didnt care) above the earth address on my back AND the get the address to Abydos above that in blood read.
                                And before you think i'm a stargate psycho which i am, i am also a tattoo psycho as there are many other tattoos from different scifi shows i would like to get and other norm ish tattoo (if you call shakespeare quotes in ancient norm ish)

Any way thats my 2 penny's and the only reason i joined this forum but i'm glad i did, now back to the dark place.
                                Thank you
                                Debs

ps if anyone would like to see a photo i will try to do so but have just spent all day steam cleaning my grandmothers carpets so i cant be bothered at the mo
                                Last edited by PurpleTadpole; 09 July 2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X