Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe they have shown it yet. maybe a google search would help?

Comment

I am seriously concidering getting the eye of Ra tattooed. But i am a bit of a softy when it comes to pain so i don't know if i would be able to handle it.
      ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        but what is it for atlantis?
        If my sources are correct. Sub is the Atlantis Point of Origin. I have attached the Glyph

Source
        if you scroll down to Symbols at Atlantis it shows all the glyphs and names that one as the Point of Origin
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AlteranTheAncient View Post
          If my sources are correct. Sub is the Atlantis Point of Origin. I have attached the Glyph

Source
          if you scroll down to Symbols at Atlantis it shows all the glyphs and names that one as the Point of Origin
          Okay, that is a pretty darn cool page. I think I might have to do something with that glyph symbol. Thanks for the link!

Cheers!
          Emerald
          Emerald
          ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
          I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

What worries me about tatoos is not religion but medicine. I don't know about your respective countries, but in Mexico you can't donate blood if you have tatoos.

Comment

I would like to get the earth symbol on my shoulder maybe....just a small one like
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
                Okay, that is a pretty darn cool page. I think I might have to do something with that glyph symbol. Thanks for the link!

Cheers!
                Emerald
                no problem, I wanted to figure it out aswell so why not share =}

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                  LOL!, make it two boxes and we have a deal
                  NO, its a one box deal <--he said so

The reason is because you are supposed to consider your body a temple, which means not putting anything disrespectful in it or upon it. That includes drugs (not the over the counter ones) and tattoos. A lot of piercings are frowned upon as well.
                  how did the 'MEN' who wrote it know we would have "over the counter" drugs 2000 years ago? also, i'm pretty sure its just as easy to O.D. on co-codamols as cocaine(well, if you've got the brain of a peanut anyway) also does that mean anyone who took something illegal, that was later made legal, would be kicked out of "the club" as it were.
                  serious question, not taking the p**s
                  PM me back as it is a little off topic
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                    The reason is because you are supposed to consider your body a temple, which means not putting anything disrespectful in it or upon it. That includes drugs (not the over the counter ones) and tattoos. A lot of piercings are frowned upon as well.
                    Who decides what's disrespectful and what's not?

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      I would like to get the earth symbol on my shoulder maybe....just a small one
                      Thats what I have always wanted to do

Comment

For me it would be the eye of ra or ba'als symbol on my inner arm
                        sigpic

Comment

i think i would go with the Earth point of origin.

I havent got any tatoos (cuz im a wimp.lol. my mate had one and she said it hurts.) but earth symbol wouldnt be too bad. and it wouldnt hurt as much

OMG im actually considering getting one now
                          Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                          sigpic
                          sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                            a cookie to the first person to have a REAL jaffa forehead tattoo,

a box of cookies if they go the whole way and fill it with gold
                            that would rock hard core
                            Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                              NO, its a one box deal <--he said so

how did the 'MEN' who wrote it know we would have "over the counter" drugs 2000 years ago? also, i'm pretty sure its just as easy to O.D. on co-codamols as cocaine(well, if you've got the brain of a peanut anyway) also does that mean anyone who took something illegal, that was later made legal, would be kicked out of "the club" as it were.
                              serious question, not taking the p**s
                              PM me back as it is a little off topic
                              As I understand it, and I'm not an expert, people have been self medicating as long as we've had the sense to do so. Weather the treatment actually worked or not is another matter. With the scriptures, it's not the letter of the law that matters, but the intent. That's why over the counter drugs are okay and street drugs are not. Over the counter drugs are meant to help improve your health, while street drugs are meant to make you alter your perception. If the intent is to improve your health then the drugs are okay to put in your body. If you are, "self medicating" with street drugs, they are not.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Who decides what's disrespectful and what's not?
                              Uh, that would be God. The scriptures are, "The Word of God".
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                Uh, that would be God. The scriptures are, "The Word of God".
                                So 'God' has written a clear set of guidlines has he? Alcohol is OK, weed is bad etc etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X