X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
    Your getting a stargate tatoo? whoa!
    yeah im gettin the Earth address up my arm. thats why i need the symbols lol

Starting at the bottom by my wrist and working its way up to the earth symbol, startin off small and getting bigger. Should be pretty sweet.
    Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
    MSN: [email protected]
    feel free to add me on either

Comment

there u go! the site might be in french but it had loads of cool pics that will help u with your tat, including the original cartoosh from film, copy the entire link.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Comment

The cartouche has the address to Abydos, not Earth

Last edited by Stricken; 01 March 2007, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Try here, they put up the different addresses used throughout the series. I can't say how accurate it is though:

http://www.chevron26.com/estart1.html

It should be part way down the side of the page, click Sg-1, SGTecnic, it will bring up a page that allows you to look at the addresses.
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't it kind of illogical that the planets in SG1 have addresses with fixed symbols? I mean the symbols on the gate are star constellations, and therefore the address to a planet would be required to look entirely different, depending on which planet you're dialing from and what that planet's star constellations, i.e. gate symbols, look like.

But nice idea for a tattoo, nonetheless!

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotep Ka Heru'ur View Post
              Isn't it kind of illogical that the planets in SG1 have addresses with fixed symbols? I mean the symbols on the gate are star constellations, and therefore the address to a planet would be required to look entirely different, depending on which planet you're dialing from and what that planet's star constellations, i.e. gate symbols, look like.

But nice idea for a tattoo, nonetheless!
              It's not illogical, as that's how the movie did things. However, if each gate had different symbols, each episode would end up involving finding the address to return home, which wouldn't work well on TV.

Each episode couldn't involve finding the address home, and it's also not likely every world would conveniently have Earth's address listed so it was changed to make things more easy. This way, no matter where you are in the galaxy, Earth can still be dialled using the same symbols.

The only problem with this is the point of origin, because not every world has a unique point of origin like the Earth gates, or the Abydos gate.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for all that. ill sift through it
                Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                MSN: [email protected]
                feel free to add me on either

Comment

If you want Earths address, watch the movie when they first turn on the stargate. There is a close up of a monitor with all 7 symbols showing.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets_in_Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221 View Post
                      yeah im gettin the Earth address up my arm. thats why i need the symbols lol

Starting at the bottom by my wrist and working its way up to the earth symbol, startin off small and getting bigger. Should be pretty sweet.
                      cool
                      "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
                        If you want Earths address, watch the movie when they first turn on the stargate. There is a close up of a monitor with all 7 symbols showing.
                        That's the address to Abydos. What you want is to find the place in the movie where Daniel finds the other cartouche on Abydos, and then make up a PO based on the drawing Sha'uri makes in the sand.

Comment

go to www.rdanderson.com, then stargate and glyphs

kate has up all the known addresses, including earth's
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My sig.

Comment

on my 18th birthday (coming up very soon) Im getting a stargate tattoo. im not sure wheater i want an SG-1 arm badge to commemorate 10 full seasons or a stargate with Ancient within it. The ancient because i am one of the few that actually reads and writes it daily. I even am expanding upon the actual language shown on the show. I am leaning twords the gate with ancient text but im not sure what im going to write and how large i want the gate.
                              what do you guys think?

rough stargate tattoo design

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                                I've got a PoO (Point of Origin) tatooed on my ankle. (Easily concealable when it needs to be. And there are times it needs to be concealed.)

Piece of advice - think long and hard about this. What you tattoo will become a permanent part of you. I thought about this one for 2 years, it took 15 years of thinking to get my first one.
                                I'm 15 now and I am strongly considering getting a Point of Origin tattoo when I'm 18 (haven't decided where, thinking on arm where they wear the PoO patch). I'm not really a tattoo guy so thats the only thing I can see myself getting. If I ever get one I'll post it on Gateworld

Comment

Working...
                                X