"Comic Con - July 20-23, 2006, San Diego, CA - SG1/SGA guests"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten
    I'll be there Saturday! I'll probably be wearing my pirate!Elizabeth (PotC 2) costume, assuming I get it finished in time. If any of y'all see me at the panel, feel free to say hi! And I'm bringing along my big 300mm lens like I did last year.
    300mm lens? Whoa!!! Please take lots of SGA/1 piccies and let those of us who can't attend what goes on. I honestly don't trust G4 to do much coverage on the Stargate aspect

And thanks to the mods for changing the title

Comment

I'll be there Saturday! I'll probably be wearing my pirate!Elizabeth (PotC 2) costume, assuming I get it finished in time. If any of y'all see me at the panel, feel free to say hi! And I'm bringing along my big 300mm lens like I did last year.
      must..see...outfit *continues poking mom to take me*

Can nobodies be somebodies?
      My Livejournal
      Lemming #63!

Comment

Originally posted by KerMcG90
        Hmm, LA ain't that from San Diego. No wait, I digress. It took forever when we drove it, but this is one of those once-in-a-lifetime opporunities!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          300mm lens? Whoa!!! Please take lots of SGA/1 piccies and let those of us who can't attend what goes on. I honestly don't trust G4 to do much coverage on the Stargate aspect
          Oh, I'll take a ton! I had it along last year (it was the first time out for that camera!) and went photo-happy.

Originally posted by KerMcG90
          I will take pics! I've finished the blouse, almost finished the breeches, and almost finished the vest. This week I'll be making the boots and recovering the cheap hat I bought.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Maybe we non-attendees have a chance to see some of it ....
            Scifi's latest newsletter which just arrived

Fri.–Sun, July 21–23

SCI FI will be at Comic-Con International in San Diego! Watch SCI FI Pulse during the convention for coverage of our panels and special screenings. Plus, enter our Online Sweepstakes for cool Battlestar merchandise.

No details yet if it will be live or not, but hopefully they'll keep it up on their site for a while.

www.scifi.com

click on SCI PULSE at top right

Comment

Oh, I'll take a ton! I had it along last year (it was the first time out for that camera!) and went photo-happy.
              Go photo mad this time Can I request lots of shots of the SGA folk ?

Comment

Go photo mad this time Can I request lots of shots of the SGA folk ?
                Absolutely! Those are a given anyways. I'm planning on getting to that room really early and jumping up seats after the panels before end. I'm not going to complain about seeing Ray Bradbury while I wait!

Comment

Absolutely! Those are a given anyways. I'm planning on getting to that room really early and jumping up seats after the panels before end. I'm not going to complain about seeing Ray Bradbury while I wait!
                  I woudln't sneeze at sitting through Ray Bradbury; it was his fiction that lured me into scifi. I picked up this massive boxed sets of his works in England decades ago (glad I did - nobody in the US had it!).

Comment

I woudln't sneeze at sitting through Ray Bradbury; it was his fiction that lured me into scifi. I picked up this massive boxed sets of his works in England decades ago (glad I did - nobody in the US had it!).
                    Oh, I'm certainly not sneezing at it - that's why I said I'm not complaining. He's a master of science fiction!

Comment

Oh, I'm certainly not sneezing at it - that's why I said I'm not complaining. He's a master of science fiction!
                      And fantasy, don't forget fantasy. He's the Best!

Comment

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/f...1c17terms.html

Lingo from Comic Con (Stargate mentioned once)

Comment

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,584|||20060721_DATETIME:3330974419,00.html

Comic-Con '06 Live
                          8:00 PM - G4

Folks from all over America come to San Diego each year to attend Comic-Con, where they get to see trailers for the hottest upcoming films as well as the chance to meet their favorite sci-fi/action-related celebs from movies and TV. G4 goes to this year's Comic-Con to report on the newest and the coolest in Geekdom. "Transformers," perhaps?

Comment

from variety.com on COMIC CON (July 18th)

SCI FI CHANNEL
                            History: Going into its seventh year of attendance, the net will bring an enlarged version of its award-winning, hyper-modernist 2005 booth. There will also be dispatches from Sci Fi's panels on Sci Fi Pulse, the cabler's broadband channel.
                            Promoting: The 10th anniversary and concurrent 200th episode of "Stargate SG-1" will be the focus of Sci Fi's promotional push, along with panels on stalwarts "Battlestar Galactica," "Stargate Atlantis" and the upcoming "Who Wants to Be a Superhero?"

Comment

No mention of Stargate yet but who knows?

http://www.latimes.com/news/columnis...a-news-columns

LA Times

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comics/

ongoing blog, worthy of keeping an eye on

-------------------------------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...omic-con_x.htm

(general article)

http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2..._for_peop.html

(primer)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...home-headlines

excerpt:

The Many Facets of Comic-Con

Four views show how dynamic a two-dimensional world can be.

By Alex Chun, Special to The Times
                              July 20, 2006

Since it began in a hotel basement in 1970, San Diego's annual Comic-Con International has grown into a multimedia behemoth, with giant booths featuring the latest offerings from New Line Cinema and Lucasfilm Ltd., and appearances by A-list directors and actors.

Raking in Free Stuff at Comic-Con

The manager of Golden Apple tells his secrets.

excerpt:

Parking can run as high as $25 a day. That ultra-rare issue of "Uncanny X-Men" could set you back $100 or more. And if you don't already have a hotel room, forget about finding a decent rate anywhere near San Diego. But despite the high costs associated with attending this weekend's San Diego Comic-Con International convention, there are some bargains to be found — specifically, free swag. Ryan Liebowitz, general manager of Los Angeles comic book mecca Golden Apple, gives a few handy pointers in getting the most stuff for the least money.

*** click on links for full text; might require free registration ***

Comment

For those not attending the con, but who want to watch it, the G4 (check your listings for the channel) COmic Con special is on tonight and rest of week at:

July 21st at 8pm-10pm
                                July 22 - 3:00-5:00am (repeat) and at 11pm-1am
                                July 23 - 9-11am, 4-6pm
                                July 24 - 3-5am, 1-3pm

Bet no one is going to watch the 9-10pm part tonight, as it's against Stargate SG1!

Scifi.com's SCIPULSE also promises footage. Check out the site on Saturday, when the panels premiere, and from the COMIC CON site

Thursday, July 20
                                12:00-1:00 Writing for the Computer Gaming Industry— Gaming industry veterans Neal Hallford (Dungeon Siege), Chris Avellone (Neverwinter Nights II), Chris Klug (Stargate Worlds MMO), Anne Toole (Stargate Worlds MMO), Jeremy Barlow (Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith), and Paul Robinson (Dirty Harry) discuss the ins and outs of writing for this challenging and unique medium. Join moderator Jana Hallford (Swords & Circuitry Studios) and this stellar panel for a lively discussion of one the fastest-growing yet least understood professions in digital entertainment. Room 24A

2:00-3:00 DK Publishing— Learn the process of creating comprehensive visual guides to pop culture's top properties! Tom DeFalco (author, Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide) and Peter Sanderson (author, X-Men: The Ultimate Guide) discuss their latest collaboration: The Marvel Encyclopedia. DK licensing publisher Alex Allan and senior designer Robert Perry reveal the work behind the DC Comics Encyclopedia, the Star Wars Visual Dictionaries and The Secret World of James Bond, and preview upcoming guides on Smallville, Stargate, and Conan the Barbarian. Room 1B

Friday, July 21
                                8:30-11:30 SCI FI Friday— Don’t get SCI FI in your hotel room?! Come to a commercial-free screening of Eureka, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis at Comic Con! Colin Ferguson, star of Eureka, will open up the evening’s festivities. Catch up on the Tuesday, July 18 premiere of Eureka and watch all-new episodes of Stargate and Atlantis. The first 1000 attendees will receive a limited-edition Stargate SG-1 10th Anniversary premium. Room 6A

Saturday, July 22
                                2:00-3:00 SCI FI: Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis— Diving into its tenth season, Stargate SG-1 has made history by becoming the longest-running sci-fi drama in U.S. television history. The show follows General Hank Landry (Beau Bridges) and his team as they travel through the Stargate—an ancient portal allowing instantaneous travel to distant galaxies—to explore the uncharted regions of the universe and save the Earth from destruction. Panelists for SG-1 include Christopher Judge (Teal’c) and additional cast members, plus executive producers/writers Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, and Nora O’Brien, VP original programming, SCI FI.

On Stargate Atlantis, currently in its third season, evidence of a secret base left by the originators of the Stargate is found in the most unlikely of places-on Earth. The implications of this discovery lead the team to the distant Pegasus galaxy, where they find the legendary city of Atlantis, and a primitive human civilization threatened by a sinister new enemy. Stargate Atlantis panelists include Joe Flanigan (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard), Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir), Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan), David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay), Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett), executive producers/writers Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, and Tony Optican, VP development and current programming, SCI FI.Gary Jones (Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman, Stargate SG-1) moderates both panels. Room 20

Comment

Working...
                                X