Why no dedicated SG podcasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no dedicated SG podcasts?

I can't find a podcast dedicated to just SG.
    I mean, Firefly/Serenity has at least 2 (that are excellent), plus myriad general Jossverse `casts.

Why no podcasts about SG1 and SGA?

I can't even find a good SWEU podcast, and you'd think there'd be tons out there (I found some, but none that were exactly what I was looking for).
    My Family Blog

If you mean like what Ron Moore does for BSG, then I agree with you completely, especially now that Joe's stopped his correspondence.

I want to know what's happening inside dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      If you mean like what Ron Moore does for BSG, then I agree with you completely, especially now that Joe's stopped his correspondence.

I want to know what's happening inside dammit!
      That'd be okay. I was thinking more about fanmade podcasts.
      With show analysis, spoilers, news, special features... like Fireflytalk or the Signal, except about SG...
      My Family Blog

Comment

I think SciFi only has so much budget and they're spending it on BSG. Quite hoenstly, I'd rather see really good cast commentaries on the DVDs instead.

Comment

I don't mean official stuff or anything from SciFi.

I mean like the Fireflytalk podcast and The Signal podcast ~ completely fanmade, with episode reviews or analysis, recordings of panels from `cons, essays about the universe, that kind of thing.

If I had the time and the fanfriends around to help, I'd do it myself.
          My Family Blog

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            I think SciFi only has so much budget and they're spending it on BSG. Quite hoenstly, I'd rather see really good cast commentaries on the DVDs instead.
            Agree completely. Although I must say I really like Rob Cooper and Andy Mikita's commentaries for "Avalon pts. 1 & 2". BTW, you can read a transcript of them in season 9 area.

Comment

I've been going thru the forums and I came across this... Its not much, but some friends and I did a "commentary" podcast on Atlantis' Rising 1 & 2 and Duet. We planned on making it a regular thing but we all got busy with school. If you want to take a look the link to them as audio files is in my sig, and they are on iTunes' podcasts (just type in stargate, its the 'And We're Walking' fan commentaries). I haven't listened to The Signal (tho I have heard of it), so I don't know if its anything like that. Not sure if its what you were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                Quite hoenstly, I'd rather see really good cast commentaries on the DVDs instead.
                Agreed, Offical Podcasts/commentaries should strictly stay with the DVDs
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ValaTheArchaeologist
                  I've been going thru the forums and I came across this... Its not much, but some friends and I did a "commentary" podcast on Atlantis' Rising 1 & 2 and Duet. We planned on making it a regular thing but we all got busy with school. If you want to take a look the link to them as audio files is in my sig, and they are on iTunes' podcasts (just type in stargate, its the 'And We're Walking' fan commentaries). I haven't listened to The Signal (tho I have heard of it), so I don't know if its anything like that. Not sure if its what you were looking for.
                  Hey Vala! I haven't seen you or yer friends on your forums much. Ya all must be really busy with school i geuss.

I thought about takin over and doin my own fan comentary but i don't have any SG geek friends ta do it with. If we all had the dvds then it might be possible to record a comentary over a voice chat program(ie. TeamSpeak, Ventrilo).

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Beckett
                    Hey Vala! I haven't seen you or yer friends on your forums much. Ya all must be really busy with school i geuss.

I thought about takin over and doin my own fan comentary but i don't have any SG geek friends ta do it with. If we all had the dvds then it might be possible to record a comentary over a voice chat program(ie. TeamSpeak, Ventrilo).
                    We have all been really busy with school lately, but I'm trying to get the forum going again now. That would definitely be a cool idea if we could get other people on the podcasts thru voice chatting. I really want to do some more soon.

Comment

I'd really love a dedicated fan podcast. There so much to talk about, episode reviews, merchandise, hell, even the virtual series and etc.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                      X